MICCOSUKEE RES, MEMBERS

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Location: ft white fla and former Naples fla cracker for 48 years

MICCOSUKEE RES, MEMBERS

Postby Scotty1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 am

:rebel: WHAT do you folks think about calling the res, and request that after this storm goes by and it is safe that they allow us access to the camps to assess damages and allow us time to make repairs . No matter what the water level is. I know that if only a few call that will do nothing but if they are loaded down with calls they may respond. My biggest concern would be roof damage or trees down on camps,which would just ad more damage from more water from rain and mold if left unrepaired :rebel:
Last edited by Scotty1 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

BATTLE READY
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: MICCOSUKEE RES, MEMBERS

Postby BATTLE READY » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:44 am

I think it's a bad idea to call and demand anything. They are probably going to get hit pretty hard in Miami, hopefully Irma makes that right sooner than later, and the last care on there mind is those camps. Lat time we got hit with a hurricane they did allow us out there to check on our camps, if I remember there was 2 days they let us out, you had to go thru the mama jamma, get checked in an out there. OR just go check on your own, like others have done. if you get caught, pay the fine and move on.

Rob

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 am

:rebel: Ya ROB I did not really mean demand I have changed it to request. they may not be concerned but I am its been about 6 months since we have been and now this. I also hope it turns more east and goes off. but either way I want to be able to check camp and make repairs if needed with out having to wait 3 or 4 months to do so :rebel: SCOTTY

PJC
Southern Airboat Member

Postby PJC » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Even before the storm word has it there was something in the works to let us check our camps.

BATTLE READY
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby BATTLE READY » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Yes Scotty I am with you. It has been way too long.

Rob

lyc200
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby lyc200 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Fwc- Gave us permit to go board camp up in 3a south.Requested it online given ok within half hour.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:03 pm

:rebel: THEY just need to give up on this water elevation stuff for this year and just open it up ,because after this storm the water is going to be way up there again and there is going to be a lot of work that will have to be done. RIGHT now it looks like the bulls eye is on the glades :rebel:

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Rich Andrews » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:22 am

Rode by 3A last night before dark water was up quite a bit from earlier in t he morning,they are pumping into 3a with everything they got..hope yalls camps dont go under water..best of luck
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 pm

:rebel: Alright people I believe we need to start calling and asking for them to let us in and to allow us to be able to make repairs if needed. as of this morning the water level was a foot higher than it was when they closed it. quite possibly could be getting close to going in some camps at this time and I am sure its not done yet :rebel:

Bob1120
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Bob1120 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm

I just talked with the Indians and was told they were going to let us in to check our camps. They have not come up with what day but would call as soon as they figured it out.i believe they will email us also. I would call and leave my name and number.

longshot123
Southern Airboat Member

Postby longshot123 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 am

I hope they do let us in. We need to check the camps for damage. If you hear anything let me know.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 pm

:rebel: I hope they do it for more than just one day. You cant get much repair done in a day and the way the water is now it will be months before it comes down to their satisfaction. :rebel:

Bob1120
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Bob1120 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:20 pm

I just talked to realastate services and was advised the the Indians are going to let us check on our camps sept 29 at 2 pm. Until oct. 1. You'll have to check in at the bad mamjama gate on the L28 canal. I believe there will be an officer checking us in. Have your ids and stickers in place. Good luck with everybody's camps.

BATTLE READY
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby BATTLE READY » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Good deal, did they give any indication if we are allowed to stay overnight or do we have to check in and out each day ? Rob

Bob1120
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Bob1120 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:45 pm

I assume as long as you arrive latter than 2 pm on Sept. 29 and leave before the end of the day on Oct.1 you'll be ok.

BATTLE READY
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby BATTLE READY » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Let's hope, last time I think they made us check in and out or maybe they only gave us 1 day to check. I'm glad they are giving almost 3 days.

Rob

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:48 am

:rebel: We were told that the gate would open at 10am on the 29th and would close at 2 pm on Sunday the 1st and that you would have to check in with a officer at the mamma jammer gate. A FEW OF US FROM OUR CAMP WILL BE IN LINE WAITING :rebel: HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR EVERYONE

Bob1120
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Bob1120 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:51 am

Scotty your correct I looked at my notes and it opens at 10 am on Friday and is going to be closed at 2pm on Sun. Oct 1. Good luck to all and be careful on those blind turns. It will be a little crowded. We all are going to be a little rusty after our long expulsion from our woods!

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:45 pm

:rebel: coming with chainsaw in hands :rebel:

longshot123
Southern Airboat Member

Postby longshot123 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:09 pm

How high is the water? I am coming down sunday morning . Is there a lot of damage from the storm?

BATTLE READY
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby BATTLE READY » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:51 pm

I spoke with Sergio this week and he relayed to me that he has cleared most of the trees from the trails. I am heading out Saturday.

peanutbutter kid
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby peanutbutter kid » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 pm

we r at camp now (continental cantina) and it is deffinitely deep!!! our island is completely covered with water and its been raining for hours....this is usually a camp with a big yard... we didn't get any damage to our buildings but we have lots of tree damage..tomorrow will b a chain saw day for sure....we were very lucky ...heard of a few camps that were totalled...we will b here till sunday....got the wifi antenna up and running first thing!!!! good luck to everyone..

Bob1120
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Bob1120 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Camp 85-52 liars den.We were very fortunate our camp was in good shape a small water leak above the shower and that's it! Saw that the camps close to the levee had some roof damage. The trails were already cleared by the time we arrived. Thanks to the folks that cleared them. It looks like it will be a long time before we will be back at camp. I hope they don't wait to long before they let us back in like last time.

Scotty1
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Scotty1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:44 pm

:rebel: yea we were the 2nd and 3rd boats in Friday morning most all the camps , that i heard from was all in pretty good shape except for Seminole inn a little roof damage , buck island lost there canopy cover over the front porch that was all ready half tour up but it looked to me that McCormacks got the worst of it from what i seen ,they had to chainsaw all most all day to get to the camp. which had a fair amount of roof damage and a lot of water damage from the rain. our camp the froghole was in decent shape ,couple trees down in the entry way. THE worst thing about hole 3 day trip was we could not use the toilets cause the water was way to high and no where to go. :rebel:

longshot123
Southern Airboat Member

Postby longshot123 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 pm

We have a lot of water damage- looks like 6-8 inches in the generator room and 3-4 in our back rooms that where just completely re done and insulated.
It looks like it will be months before they let us back in there. A Lot of work to do when they do let us in. Had a couple of bad roof leaks also.

Return to “Airboat Talk”