Florida hunting & FWC

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Florida hunting & FWC

Postby Cherpa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:36 am

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission banner graphic

Dear Public Lands Hunter,

On behalf of all of us at the FWC, we continue to keep Floridians and visitors who were affected by Hurricane Irma in our thoughts and prayers.

The impacts of Hurricane Irma continue to unfold, creating challenges throughout our state. Our number one priority during this time is the health and safety of our residents and visitors. With that in mind, the FWC and its land management partners are assessing wildlife management areas (WMAs) that are currently closed due to impacts from Hurricane Irma.

The open/closed status of our wildlife management areas, shooting ranges and other facilities are listed here: http://myfwc.com/viewing/recreation/notices/. Several WMAs and Merritt Island and Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuges are reopening in time to allow hunting this weekend. As WMAs and ranges reopen, they will be removed from the list. This page will be updated as new information is available so please check back regularly.

At this time, we can provide the following updates:

All South Florida Water Management District managed lands and lands managed in partnership with the FWC remain closed to public use.
All St. John’s River Water Management District managed lands and lands managed in partnership with the FWC remain closed to public use.

Some of the WMA closures have the potential to impact quota, special opportunity, statewide alligator, early waterfowl, and recreational use permit hunts. Closures also could impact hunting opportunities that don’t require a permit. We recognize the importance of these opportunities and are working on options for impacted hunts such as restoring preference points, where applicable. The FWC will follow up with additional details about impacted quota, special opportunity, statewide alligator, early waterfowl, and recreational use permit hunts.

In addition, we wanted to provide the following updates regarding FWC-managed shooting ranges:

Southwest Region - Tenoroc Public Shooting Range and Cecil M. Webb Public Shooting Range remain closed to public use until further notice.
Northeast Region - Indian River County Public Shooting Range reopened Thursday, Sept. 14 at 9 a.m. EXCEPT for the air gun range and sporting clays course which will remain closed until further notice.

FWC is working hard to address storm impacts to our wildlife management areas and shooting ranges so these public lands and facilities are available for recreation while balancing the need for public safety.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Office of Licensing and Permitting and the Division of Hunting and Game Management

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Logo
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Florida hunting & FWC

Postby diamondback0320 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me..

gruprgetr
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby gruprgetr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:26 am

How convienient :banghead:
No access this year :scratch: :rebel:
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm

EVERY THING IS CLOSED. but the upper st johns?

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Yep.. guess they opened it up Friday afternoon..not sure where you'd hunt or camp because our camp is under water & I rode south yesterday & I'll tell ya I don't remember seeing the water this high since my teenage days..crazy high!

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:57 pm

I have had my bay boat behind the pravilion at the oak head. Thats floating, i rode around it many many years ago.

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby THE NIGHT RIDER » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 am

Yep ive stepped off my bow on to the roof at the oakhead before bout 20 years ago .so the water has been nearly this high before

Sent from my SM-G935P using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

Return to “Airboat Talk”