Boat registration

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Basin_Runner355
Southern Airboat Member

Boat registration

Postby Basin_Runner355 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:37 am

I bought my boat last year and the GW are cracking down on boat's and having the correct paper work on my registeration under propulsion it says outboard when I bought it the ppl that did the paper work sent it off and took care of it. I've heard that it should say inboard and I've heard ppl say it should be other just wondering what y'all take on this was and how to get it straightened up I'm in Louisiana
14ft diamond back zz4 355sbc 2:1 belt drive reduction with a 78 water walker falcons pitched at 5200

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Boat registration

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:47 am

Typically you would go to your tax collectors office in Florida and point out that an error was made when the title was applied for. Usually when they are digging that deep it has another purpose such as someone took a title "paper boat" and transferred the hull id number and registration to another boat. Did you build the boat or was it purchased with that discrepancy? Does it list a manufacturer?

Basin_Runner355
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Basin_Runner355 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 am

Yea it's a diamond back the hull id number matches the paper work but it's kinda sketchy cause two of the numbers are wrong but on the side of the two wrong numbers the right numbers are stincled idk what took place before I got the boat cause the boat is almost 20 years old but I bought it with a bill of sale and all of that and have the title just trying to cover my ass incase I get stoped
14ft diamond back zz4 355sbc 2:1 belt drive reduction with a 78 water walker falcons pitched at 5200

Basin_Runner355
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Basin_Runner355 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:23 am

What should it say for propulsion

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:29 am

What paperwork has the hand made correction on it? Which paperwork matches the Hull Identification Number?

Is the Title correct, with the Registration containing the 'fix' ? Or
Is the Registration correct, with the Title containing the 'fix' ?

I bought a motorcycle one time that had two numbers transposed in the VIN on the title.
The Registration matched the wrong numbers on the title, so the registration looked to be for a different bike.

The current owner I bought it from never even knew the numbers didn't match. Ultimately, I rode the bike to the tag office and showed them that a seemingly dyslexic clerk had originally processed the paperwork and they fixed it when I transferred the title.
Problem solved.

Much easier to explain with paperwork in hand and boat in the parking lot (at your convenience) to an office clerk, than to
the Game Warden after you've been on the water all day, and he has an aggravated, unrelated, pre-existing case of the berries.

Riding with corrected paperwork may be legal, but also seems to attract undo, unnecessary and easily preventable grief. :wink:

As far as propulsion, in Florida the designation is 'Other'. As long as there is another option, I would insist that it not be listed as 'Inboard' because that could open a whole other can of worms where gas tanks, venting, blowers, flame arrestors and all that other potentially irrelevant crap is concerned.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Basin_Runner355
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Basin_Runner355 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:08 am

Yes the paperwork matches the numbers that are fixed on the boat Ima have to check the title when I get home so it should say other guess Ima have to get that all straight just don't wanna draw attention to my self getting it fixed but I want it to be right

Waggs
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Waggs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:08 pm

My registration shows for propulsion "airprp" .... just syayin
12.5' Predator, O320H2AD, 72" Whisper Tip Narrow

Liberty Mechanical Services
Performing all commercial and residential HVAC services
321-689-7709
Making America Cool Again!

KCCO

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:54 pm

X2

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Oops ! :oops: My bad . . . you guys are exactly correct. :thumbleft:

In spite of reading and then writing 'propulsion' I was still thinking engine type. Mine all read the same as yours do.
I guess after I read inboard earlier, some renegade brain cells took possession of my fingers, and went on their own tangent. :lol:

What I put above would be applicable to engine type for the above reasons. Unfortunately, that wasn't the question. :roll:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

BANANA BOAT
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby BANANA BOAT » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:51 am

Shoud be airprop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rick McC.
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Rick McC. » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Waggs wrote:My registration shows for propulsion "airprp" .... just syayin

Mine too.
"Sights are for the unenlightened."
Rick
http://guntipsandtalk.com

Return to “Airboat Talk”