Trailer supplier in Central Florida

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: Trailer supplier in Central Florida

Postby Deano » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:35 am

That sounds like a pretty insightful guesstimation to me. Having a pancake cage with
the flag pole mounted on the front rather than the top, I hadn't had that experience.

I figured the legal issue was one of liability for whoever made them, rather than the operator.
Am still curious though, as it sounds like a potential situation that I'm not yet familiar with.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:26 am

Yea our mount is forward of the cage and exterior so no chance. I have seen a few guys use them on the boading side of the cage exterior and they just raise it up and lower when getting in and out. Ones I have seen work well just need the correct size shaft for the device.

Rick McC.
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Rick McC. » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:54 pm

My mount is a piece of stainless tubing on the starboard side of the cage that the fiberglass pole slides down into.

I put the flag into place at the boat ramp before launching, and remove it when the boat’s back on the trailer.

It’s worked fine for over 11 years now...
"Sights are for the unenlightened."
Rick
http://guntipsandtalk.com

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Rick McC. wrote:My mount is a piece of stainless tubing on the starboard side of the cage that the fiberglass pole slides down into.

I put the flag into place at the boat ramp before launching, and remove it when the boat’s back on the trailer.

It’s worked fine for over 11 years now...

A lot safer than drilling some fancy mount out to retract the flag that wasn't drilled out for a reason!

Return to “Airboat Talk”