Prop Seal

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Boogie320
Southern Airboat Member

Prop Seal

Postby Boogie320 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

Hey need a little help. Im trying to change my prop seal on a o-290 GPU and I'm not sure how to get the prop seal off. I have the prop off just not sure how to get the metal plate off. If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated !!

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Prop Seal

Postby Gary S » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 am

Picture worth a thousand words. The other thing is, if you include your location it will help.

Boogie320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Boogie320 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Gary S wrote:Picture worth a thousand words. The other thing is, if you include your location it will help.

Your right. Now do you just pry that metal plate off? and I'm located in Pembroke Pines FL
Attachments
54016230355__CF099B49-6838-47E0-91F2-E41EBE6F2BA2.JPG

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:26 am

Have you tried taking the bolts out? Once you do that dig the seal out. After you get it out, clean surfaces with a degreaser. Install spring first than the seal. After seal is in put over flange, insertspring inside seal lip. Then coat outside of seal with great stuff and push into place.
They make a solid seal and a split seal. The solid one will stretch over the flange. It can be a pain but I prefer it to the split. I was told it is made from a ladies private parts. The only thing that can stretch that far and snap back.
If you have any questions pm me your phone number and I will try to answer.

Boogie320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Boogie320 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Gary S wrote:Have you tried taking the bolts out? Once you do that dig the seal out. After you get it out, clean surfaces with a degreaser. Install spring first than the seal. After seal is in put over flange, insertspring inside seal lip. Then coat outside of seal with great stuff and push into place.
They make a solid seal and a split seal. The solid one will stretch over the flange. It can be a pain but I prefer it to the split. I was told it is made from a ladies private parts. The only thing that can stretch that far and snap back.
If you have any questions pm me your phone number and I will try to answer.

Hey Gary, Iv tried PM you and I'm not sure if you have got them. Let me know so i know I'm not doing something wrong still new to this thing lol.

Return to “Airboat Talk”