Hernando

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
AirHog
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: Hernando

Postby AirHog » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 pm

The short answer is yes there is water... no problem there. The long answer is that the Hernando pool is quite large in itself. Just getting to BS hill may be hard to find without local knowledge. The run to sleepy hollow is about a 28 gal run with my boat (AC).... round trip. Doubt you will find your way through Flying Eagle to Sleepy Hollow. You have to run over the Turner Camp slide..... and the Moccasin Slew slide. Turner Camp slide has a bridge that is low for my AC boat.... your cage might hit with a Car boat... larger cage.

I suggest hooking up with a local and that knows the area.... the Turner Camp bridge clearance was only 7 feet 2 weeks ago. My guess is that you are over that at idle. Worse the slide gives you no room to turn around before you hit the bridge... it’s right there.

You can have fun exploring the Hernando pool.... and not get bored. Get a local to show you the way. There are plenty of us out here.... Yes it’s awesome out here..... and don’t tell any body about how great it is here. We have enough traffic out here already. The rodeo out here last week generated numerous complaints.

I have the cage off my boat or I would run n it with you..Yes I live on Lake Hernando

Best luck

AirHog
Bad decisions make good stories!
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby KC5AKB » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:02 am

It is a cool Place I got to see a small part of it with Painterchic and Dan last year.
BRAB45 RRAB 17

daxxe
Southern Airboat Member

Postby daxxe » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 pm

One of my previous neighbor been there and had a great time. Enjoy

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 pm

AirHog wrote:The short answer is yes there is water... no problem there. The long answer is that the Hernando pool is quite large in itself. Just getting to BS hill may be hard to find without local knowledge. The run to sleepy hollow is about a 28 gal run with my boat (AC).... round trip. Doubt you will find your way through Flying Eagle to Sleepy Hollow. You have to run over the Turner Camp slide..... and the Moccasin Slew slide. Turner Camp slide has a bridge that is low for my AC boat.... your cage might hit with a Car boat... larger cage.

I suggest hooking up with a local and that knows the area.... the Turner Camp bridge clearance was only 7 feet 2 weeks ago. My guess is that you are over that at idle. Worse the slide gives you no room to turn around before you hit the bridge... it’s right there.

You can have fun exploring the Hernando pool.... and not get bored. Get a local to show you the way. There are plenty of us out here.... Yes it’s awesome out here..... and don’t tell any body about how great it is here. We have enough traffic out here already. The rodeo out here last week generated numerous complaints.

I have the cage off my boat or I would run n it with you..Yes I live on Lake Hernando

Best luck

AirHog

11 gallons on my stroker running from herderson launch south to hot dog then north to the the dyke and back to henderson.
Clocked the hot dog run as 11.3 miles one way, maybe 15-16 from 41/200 launch?
Water is fine to hot dog or north to the dyke in hernando at the moment .

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:53 am

Good to hear !

The club does a lot of things in the community and is well respected.

Christmas parade, flood assistance, lake clean up, charity work for local Vets, poker runs and protecting the rights of airboaters from those who want to restrict or ban our use.

Welcome.....SWAMP

AirHog
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby AirHog » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:27 pm

You got to ride around some.... he wouldn’t go straight there and back.... Iraqi island.... Boyscout hill... several areas to explore.... last time I went with a little exploring was 28

Hernando is a lot further than Henderson

AirHog
Bad decisions make good stories!
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

Return to “Airboat Talk”