Air boat rigging Rip off

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Air boat rigging Rip off

Post by bonecollector » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:53 pm

I get your point for sure but it isn't always so cut and dry. There isn't a lot of money in rigging to begin with stainless and aluminum prices the way they are. Like I said earlier if the op would have just been up front and said he didn't want the rigging built by me or whatever his reason is instead of letting me get the job almost finished then lying about selling the boat and starting this thread it might have been different but you can't un-ring a bell so now over 2000 people have seen this post it may or may not hurt my business so far it hasn't slowed down. Either way at this point I wouldnt give him air if I had him in a bottle. I don't think many other guys would refund his money half way through the job either despite what they say on here.
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

Mossy Cypress
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Mossy Cypress » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 pm

To each there own, it's your business you run it how you see fit. I definitely dont see how threads like these can help your business. The companies/businesses that I have dealt with and continue to deal with put their customers wants and needs first and puts their customers on a pedestal, that's why you never see these kind of threads about these companies. Every business makes mistakes and runs into problems,it's just how they handle those mistakes/problems that makes all the difference. I know that these companies would refund a rigging to satisfy the customer, to avoid the bad word of mouth, and to not be blasted negatively all over the internet for the world to see for the next 30 years.

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:38 pm

I honestly appreciate your input Mossy. I try to keep everyone happy but some people you just can't please. I have ordered gauge panels from the biggest builder in the business got 3 of the wrong panel even after emailing them pictures off their website of the panel. I got stuck with the 3 wrong ones and never did get the right panel. I never got a refund or got online and bashed them. It is what it is sometimes. Either way have a good night and be safe
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

PistolPete
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PistolPete » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:42 am

There is a reason for a business owner to get a deposit for the cost of materials. Thats so they don't loose there ass when customer fail's to complete the transaction. It's huge for one man operation to take a hit and refund cost of materials plus his labor after building the product.

I am starting to think there is some piling on happening now, could it be customer changed his mind then decides to use Jeff"s past problems to his advantage screaming rip off. I own a business with 15 employees its much easier to absorb a $2000. loss when your annual gross is 3 million with 30% profit margin. A one man shop thats a weeks pay and then some. Jeff contacted me after I made previous post, we talked bout my earlier post and other things the guy spent some time giving advise on some issues I am having on my boat. Never met him in person, never done any business with him. I now know he has had some problems in the past. It's easy to say just give the money back to the customer if he had it that might be a option but it was spent on the materials.

The internet makes it all to easy for someone to bash a business or another person I always have just refunded customers money or paid for claimed damages its cheaper than advertising.

Billykid
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Billykid » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 am

To set the record straight, a $2000.00 deposit was made to get the rigging started, nothing was wrong with original rigging, just wanted it changed from front driver to rear. The boat was sold half way thru the build, a deposit was made by buyer and sale was completed about one month later, I contacted Jeff and told him that I would just take the seat stand for the deposit that I gave him, HE said why take the seat stand when you sold the boat, and HE said that he could use it on another build, and he would just refund my $2000.00, his Idea!!! sounded good to me, A few weeks went by did not hear from him, around a month later he sent $ 1000.00 by Wal-mart money gram, said the rest would come the next day. Never got it. Only after I was contacted by more than one person about Jeff's passed and failed Airboat company I did a little research on my own, SHOCKING NEWS I guess that I am LUCKY to have received any of my money. Your word is all you have!!! I am sorry this has went this far, I have learned a valuable lesion and it only cost me a few bucks, hopefully this will help someone else in the future,

Bluechip93
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Bluechip93 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 pm

I laugh ain't got money to pay bills funny you took my 42000$ no problem I never got a boat thanks bud you just straight disappeared

Return to “Airboat Talk”