Propeller protective cover

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
BladeSox
Southern Airboat Member

Propeller protective cover

Post by BladeSox » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:51 am

BS3.jpg
Hello everyone. I hope I'm not out of line for posting this, but I feel it may be something you all would be interested in.
I am very excited to announce my new business BladeSox, LLC. If you have a carbon fiber propeller on your airboat, please take a look. I have been making these neoprene covers for airplanes and now I can make them for airboats.
About two years ago, I was reading an article about propeller care in the September 2016 issue of AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) Magazine by Ian J. Twombly titled Ownership: Care For The Carbon. In it was explained that the thin trailing edge of the carbon fiber propeller blades is particularly susceptible to damage. Prop damage that is usually caused in the hangar during maintenance from cowl removal or the errant wrench, is what we all refer to as “hangar rash.” This can result in an expensive repair, not to mention the unwanted downtime. 
Unfortunately, at the time, there was not an acceptable product that was readily available to protect the prop from an unfortunate damage causing accident. 
Since that time, I developed a cover to help protect the propeller’s trailing edge. With the input and encouragement of several of my flying buddies, BladeSox, LLC (patent pending) was created. (BladeSox.com) Several materials were tried and considered, but neoprene became the material of choice. I use a 3mm thick neoprene that has nylon bonded on both sides. This gives the BladeSox a snug fit, a double thickness at the trailing edge, easy slide on installation and slide off removal, and no need for straps to hold the covers to one another. It will not fall off! BladeSox conforms to the shape of your prop just like your socks conform to your feet. They are easy to care for and roll up neatly for your cross-country flight.
Propellers come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes so an off the shelf cover isn’t practical for decent protection. Each pair of BladeSox™ are custom tailored to your propeller’s size and come in a variety of color combinations to complement your plan’s paint scheme. Personalization is added with your boat’s registration or personal text. We also have a limited ability to add your company logo. Give me a call and will see what we can do. Please check out my website: BladeSox.com and https://www.facebook.com/BladeSox/
20180512_091132.jpg
20181201_111657.jpg
Longbow4.jpg
David Otero
Albuquerque, NM, USA
www.Bladesox.com
:old_glory:

Juandi
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Propeller protective cover

Post by Juandi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:38 pm

These things look sweet!
94 panther hull
Io520 conversion
GO GATORS
:florida:

lorick
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lorick » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 pm

Yes they do look sweet don't forget to take them off though

swamper2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swamper2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:46 pm

They would not stay on long
16ft alumitech/406sbc/2.38w/3-80in.R's

bob_esper
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bob_esper » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:18 pm

got any guesstimate on how much a set for a 3 blade whirl wind ex would cost? my boat sits outside so this would be handy to put on the prop
2017 18.5/8 Alumitech
408 LS
2.38 stinger with 79" 3 blade ex

Rick McC.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Rick McC. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:36 pm

bob_esper wrote:got any guesstimate on how much a set for a 3 blade whirl wind ex would cost? my boat sits outside so this would be handy to put on the prop

I agree, standing by for an answer.

I have a three blade WW stump puller.
"Sights are for the unenlightened."
Rick
http://guntipsandtalk.com

Waynepaul81
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waynepaul81 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:32 pm

3 blades start at 189.99 for one color

Rick McC.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Rick McC. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 pm

Waynepaul81 wrote:3 blades start at 189.99 for one color
That sounds reasonable to me.

I could see the benefits of using one, particularly on a boat like mine that does more sitting than running in the summertime. :thumbleft:
"Sights are for the unenlightened."
Rick
http://guntipsandtalk.com

WhirlWind Propellers
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by WhirlWind Propellers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:38 pm

Very nice!

:usa: :usa: :usa:

Msa4x4
Southern Airboat Member