2019 Mack's fish camp ride and cookout confirmed

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

2019 Mack's fish camp ride and cookout confirmed

Post by radtech » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:50 pm

For those that don't know me, I have put on 2 awesome rides and cookouts at Mack's fish camp, and after a year unfortunate hiatus, I am starting up again. This is not a fund raiser, nor is there a required fee. I do this only to meet new friends, and have a good time. Should anyone wish to donate anything, they may feel free to give it to Marshall, the owner of Mack's. I have no interest in benefitting other than to enjoy the company of other airboaters and have a good time. That said, the only thing I ask is that you let me know in this post that you are coming and how many will be with you in order to have enough food. Last time we did a big crawfish boil and it was excellent. I intend to do that again if they are available....Last time we all got full and had to beg people to take some home.

In any case, my off days are confirmed and I plan to be at the AAOF corned beef and cabbage poker run on March 16th. Feel free to look me up there. The Mack's ride and cookout will be the following Sat March 23rd. Gonna shoot for a 10 am meet up followed by a ride, then cookout when we return at Mack's while we all get to know eachother or catch up, and plenty of good cheer. Hope to see as many there as can make it.

Radtech (Tim)

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: 2019 Mack's fish camp ride and cookout confirmed

Post by Gary S » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:03 am

OK its on.

PistolPete
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PistolPete » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Read a post a while back about the cook out sounds like a good time. I would like to come this year add 4 people to your list.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Gotcha PistolPete. Look forward to seeing you there. Gary, I'm lookin forward to seeing you too. Got some work done on the ol boat today, gonna be jam up by the time March gets here

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 am

As in previous years, I plan to attend again. I can't make the AAOF ride, but will be at the Mack's ride. My Son will also be there with his boat, hopefully it won't storm like last time so we can get some ride time in (knock on wood). Look forward to seeing ya'll.
Kevin
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 am

Lookin forward to seeing y'all there, brother. Law of averages says it can't rain EVERY time, so I'm counting on a good day for a ride. Lol

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Time is getting close. Got it all figured out and going to do a crawfish boil. Just by chance, is there anyone Coming who is a sensenich dealer or has a set of Q blades that would let me try them out for the ride?

Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Slidin Gator » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 pm

radtech wrote:Time is getting close. Got it all figured out and going to do a crawfish boil. Just by chance, is there anyone Coming who is a sensenich dealer or has a set of Q blades that would let me try them out for the ride?
I told ya I have a 72" set you can use, guess I need to make a reservation at Mack's... I can ship them to you now so you have some play time. PM me with details.
I grew up thinking I-10 was the Mason Dixon line.
1986 Airboat Engineering Inc., 14' Marsh Master. Refreshed narrow deck, SV O-540, 72” NGQ. A Bob Stossel original.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Well, once again, we have conflicting plans. Deb and I will be snow skiing and don't return until Sunday March 24 late. Maybe next time! How long will you be in town?

Sent from my [device_name] using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Slidin Gator wrote:
radtech wrote:Time is getting close. Got it all figured out and going to do a crawfish boil. Just by chance, is there anyone Coming who is a sensenich dealer or has a set of Q blades that would let me try them out for the ride?
I told ya I have a 72" set you can use, guess I need to make a reservation at Mack's... I can ship them to you now so you have some play time. PM me with details.
Hey, brother! I was gonna look through the messages and find our convo in the morning. No need to ship them out. Doesn't take long to swap em out. Depending on your plans for the event, it wouldn't be hard to get it done. I'll be there a week ahead of the date and we'll be riding out about noon.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:01 am

digginfool wrote:Well, once again, we have conflicting plans. Deb and I will be snow skiing and don't return until Sunday March 24 late. Maybe next time! How long will you be in town?

Sent from my [device_name] using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Diggin, you gotta stay in one place once in a while! lol I'll be at the AAOF corned beef and cabbage ride on the 16th, then headed to Mack's the 17th. I'll be there til the 27th. I'm hoping to be able to make it out to the swimming hole somewhere in there.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:43 am

radtech wrote:
digginfool wrote:Well, once again, we have conflicting plans. Deb and I will be snow skiing and don't return until Sunday March 24 late. Maybe next time! How long will you be in town?

Diggin, you gotta stay in one place once in a while! lol I'll be at the AAOF corned beef and cabbage ride on the 16th, then headed to Mack's the 17th. I'll be there til the 27th. I'm hoping to be able to make it out to the swimming hole somewhere in there.
We leave on the 16th. Guess it will be next year!

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Capt steve
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Capt steve » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:25 am

Silly question. Where is Mack’s in relation to central Florida?
100 ton master captain
Professional airboat operator
I made enough money to buy Miami,
But I pi$$ed it away so fast

flcracker9
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by flcracker9 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 am

Capt steve wrote:Silly question. Where is Mack’s in relation to central Florida?

Down south off of Krome Ave

http://www.macksfishcamp.com/
12' Open Palm Beach, IO-0470-L 260hp, 72" NGQ

lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by lilly-Pad » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Capt steve wrote:Silly question. Where is Mack’s in relation to central Florida?
The entrance is just of US 27 and Krome ave it is well worth the drive. Can't beat the folks at Mac's (Marshall and his family) they know those woods better and their hospitality will make U feel very much at home. The ridding is excellent with all of 3B at our disposal and thanks to Tim's rain dancing abilities there will be water or so it appears :thumbright:
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Lol, it sure seems that I bring the water wherever I go. Can't wait to hit the swamp and ride with old and new friends

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 am

Tim you must have been doing your magic yesterday. I dropped a bunch of water yesterday.

lilly-Pad
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by lilly-Pad » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 am

Gary S wrote:Tim you must have been doing your magic yesterday. I dropped a bunch of water yesterday.
Gary some might call it coincidence but when the Glades started to dry out a couple of weeks ago. I told Tim to start doing his dances, just like that we got those days of rain that put water back in the marsh and then the last couple of days also. I tell you he has some real power there. I rained every day on his last trip to the Glades :cheers:
12 ft Don Davis / 0470 conv / 68 NGQ , A.A.O.F member

Best laid plans of mice and men, wont always get you laid.............

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 am

I'm hoping I can project it all between now and the ride. It would be nice to get some dry days for the trip

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Capt Steve. I'm not sure if there is a more direct route or not, but I come down I-75 to exit 23 (I think) It's hwy 27. turn right and go to Krome Ave, turn left and it's just ahead on the right. Can't miss the "Mack's Fish Camp" sign and the big ol school airboat

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Update......just found out Marshall and family will not be home March 23rd. I hate to do it, but I'm trying to coordinate moving the ride to the 30th. I will work hard to notify all who plan to attend. Have already gotten the OK from Marshall, and have notified Cherpa from AAOF. hope this doesn't cause issues.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:01 am

For those following this thread, there has been a new thread started. Please see it for updated info. Thanks

https://southernairboat.com/phpBB3/view ... =2&t=72015

Return to “Airboat Talk”