Arbuckle Creek

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Arbuckle Creek

Post by digginfool » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:01 pm

After watching Pipedog's video and looking at Google Earth, I'm wondering if you can run all the way from Lake Istokpoga to Lake Arbuckle on the creek. Has anybody done it before? Perhaps camp along the creek overnight? Looks like it would be a great time. Talking to Pipedog, his group turned around at the RR bridge but didn't say whether that would be an obstacle. Of course, if it is too low, could put in on Arbuckle Creek Road. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Seven3
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Arbuckle Creek

Post by Seven3 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:35 pm

I googled the creek too after watching. Looks beautiful, If you go let me know I’ll come.

lariat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lariat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm

I live near there and love the Arbuckle. It is definetly one of the prettiest places you'll ever ride. You need to go before the water gets too high. It is pretty "hairy" at times when she gets to flowing hard. The RR is plenty high to get under.

ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ffjpowell » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Let me know if you do a ride there

Sent from my [device_name] using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell

Return to “Airboat Talk”