IN FLA.. MY RAMP....AIRBOATS PROHIBITED...

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

IN FLA.. MY RAMP....AIRBOATS PROHIBITED...

Post by pierson skunkape »

Well there is a new County ramp at the end of shell Harbor Road in Volusia County the ramp is directly across from Silver Glen Springs and directly in front of as you airboaters might know of the area a place called the cow pasture... the new ramp has been built I have gone to a County council meeting about the new signage of no air boat access complete segregation and banning of a certain boat is something I have never seen in Florida I know we have curfew restrictions but I have never seen a boat ramp in Florida that segregated a certain type of boat... my comment at the County council meeting about segregating African Americans from the boat ramp and see how they liked it did not come with good looks... I would like all sliders to put their heads together and tell me if there is a ramp that they know of that is prohibiting airboat use

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: IN FLA.. MY RAMP....AIRBOATS PROHIBITED...

Post by pontoon outlaw »

The ramp at the end of Malabar used to be non motor boats for a long time..it's open to all now. Lol

Sent from my E6833 using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 »

The public ramp to Lake Pierce in Polk County had signage prohibiting airboats. To airboat on that lake, you have to launch at Jennings Resort, Cherry Pocket, the FFA, Or a buddys ramp
:old_glory:

ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ffjpowell »

pierson skunkape wrote:Well there is a new County ramp at the end of shell Harbor Road in Volusia County the ramp is directly across from Silver Glen Springs and directly in front of as you airboaters might know of the area a place called the cow pasture... the new ramp has been built I have gone to a County council meeting about the new signage of no air boat access complete segregation and banning of a certain boat is something I have never seen in Florida I know we have curfew restrictions but I have never seen a boat ramp in Florida that segregated a certain type of boat... my comment at the County council meeting about segregating African Americans from the boat ramp and see how they liked it did not come with good looks... I would like all sliders to put their heads together and tell me if there is a ramp that they know of that is prohibiting airboat use
Although not helping, it appears like the 2 donors dont like airboats. I would assume it is due to the residents near by that live near there are a strong backing for this. What about 9 mile ramp??

https://www.volusia.org/core/fileparse. ... Report.pdf

Sent from my [device_name] using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell

ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ffjpowell »

Page 2. #11

Sent from my [device_name] using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell

pierson skunkape
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by pierson skunkape »

I understand I own a home in shellharbour or shall I say on shell Harbor Road it has been in my family for over 50 years and the boat ramp that used to be there was for the homeowners association and everyone there had deeded access to the ramp not limited access I hear they were going to close the ramp and chain it at night.... it is true that the last owners of about 15 since I've known we're not able to build their 400-foot airboat access dock out into middle of the lake and made a stipulation when they gave the property to the county that there would be no airboats accessible to it the funny thing is the canals behind the air boat ramp as I call it are not very deep at all the only people that live in there anymore are airboaters..... there are only eight or 10 residences out there that are occupied full-time my parents being one of them and no one complains about airboats they actually like it knowing that there are some something out there especially at the cow pasture I can understand curfews and all being around neighbors that b**** but no one in my vicinity complains... going to be hard to make that stick on a ticket I won't sign it especially when the only basis that has is a couple of Crybaby pissant attorneys that didn't get their way.... just like great JJ Grey said she's going away Lord she's going away

smokster
Southern Airboat Member

Post by smokster »

there's already a noise ordinance in the state. (90dms cruise speed at 50 feet). any curfew or ramp restrictions are unconstitutional. when we win in Alachua county, every other county with airboat restrictions should be sued also.

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 »

The ramps also say no power loading (which is actually bad for the ramp) yet it seems that page one of the national bass boaters manual states

“Always power load your vessel. In fact, try to get as little of your trailer wet so you can really show off that new 7,000 HP motor. once loaded, look into your truck mirror and state the following, “ YOU ARE THE MAN”.
:old_glory:

JGT
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JGT »

There is a ribbon cutting ceremony coming up.

Return to “Airboat Talk”