Property tax

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Property tax

Post by Waterthunder »

All this talk about reducing property tax's did anbody's go down? Mine went up compared to the value of my house which went down! My area received their tax assessment's last week.OOOOUUUUUCH. Were all shell shocked!
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

grant
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by grant »

Don't you wish the rest of us could get by with "reducing our rates" and end up charging more!!!

speed wheelie
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by speed wheelie »

Yeah mine went up $400
You got to be yourself
863-956-3030 shop and cell

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

My value stayed the same but my taxes went up several hundred. I just paid it cause if I start fighting with them I'll win but then Ill spend the rest of my line confined. Let em be as stupid as they choose. I know nobody who is willing to lend any credibility to any politician now.

Insurance is whats going to be way worser than taxes, mine went from like 1,200 to over 2K for absolutely NO reason ! Sorry evil people, absolute evil.

Scotty :cry:
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 »

Thats freakin Florida for you greedy bastards :evil: :evil: :evil:
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

mine has went up the past 2 year like 1500 dollars evil people die :evil:

captain chad
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by captain chad »

that is why i am realy thinking about moving just real hard to give up the swamps. my taxes went up as well and i'm not real sure why but i do know how. If you belive mr. govenor i actualy saved money. leave it to a politician to try to some how make you believe that you actualy spend more but also saved more. i'm getting a head migrain just thinking about this. i need to go work on the boat to help remind me of why i'm still in this state.

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder »

Cost of living goes up quality of life goes down it's a developers dream! I just wish for all my county tax's I pay I could see at least one road that is capable of handling the traffic on it! Well the Fed's dropped the rate again so it will post pone the inevitable!
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

FELBER632

Post by FELBER632 »

Well lemme tell ya a story....I live in a measly 1500' house in Palm Bay FL. My taxes used to be under 800/yr. and my taxable value was 40k 10 years ago. I married my rear measly 1/4 acre to my front property and put up a 1200' shop identical to Daves. Now my taxes are $3700/yr and my taxable value is 225k! So if there's ever been a thread I wanna stay on top of...IT'S THIS ONE! Tell me where, when and how, and I'll be on the friggin evening news every wakin minute at county, state and city hall meetings.. I'm sick of this BS!

Hey C'mon.....If I buy a car for $1000 and roll it over for $5000, I deserve to pay tax on my profit. But if I'm livin in the same Gdamn house for over 20 years how is it now worth 5x what it used to be, and even if it where, how is that benefiting me while I'm surviving on the same income I have before? Where am I profiting? I just wanna do my thing in the place I chose before crooked-ass developers and foolish yankees came and ruined my spot!!!!

Felber

COLD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by COLD »

Man Felber I'll buy your place! As far as price for homes is concerned I could call yours a vacation property. My place is about 75' X 140' lot with a 1600 sq' house and 450 sq' garage. They value it a $650000.00, (try buying that on a $65.000.00/yr income or God help the newley weds!). Gas just went down to just below $4.00/gal. With our dollar so good (higher than yours) we have guys going down and saving $12000.00 on a pickup truck. I guess on the plus side it only get's down to 40 below in the winter. Don't know what the average person makes down there but my US vacation was cheaper than spending time in Canada. $13.00 for a 18 pack of imported Kokanee beer when it's made here and I pay $26.00 for 12. We do have health care and we do have to pay for it however it's less expensive than yours. Taxes go up at least $200 a year and services reduce. Spend a fair bit of time in the winter snowblowing my front street so my wife can get up enough speed to make it to work. Spring, potholes big enough to float a boat in! :twisted: Not saying you have nothing to bi--h about but? Death and taxes?

Yeah, I'm ticked about the same thing!! :twisted: :evil:

FELBER632

Post by FELBER632 »

"Man Felber I'll buy your place!"

And THAT Bill is EXACTLY what ruined my state, cuz that's what went on. Some food for thought....The last time I worked for someone else ('99) in the private sector a degreed mechanical engineer at mid-level, made about $18-20 hr. In '04 I spent just shy of 2 months without power at my home and business after two direct hits from hurricaines, and damn near broke me, nevermind the aftermath of people pissed off that didn't know where I was or where their stuff was. I was just forced into paying $7k for city water and sewer I neither want or need. Last year I went into the hospital over nothing more than tests and a 3hr stay in the ER. My bill was $9600. So......Yeah Bill...It's ALL YOURS BUDDY! Show me the money! LOL

And the REAL point....Don't take this personally Bill.....But IF you knew where you were livin, how you freeze yur balls off and what it cost...You pay the consequences and pay the piper. For me, I chose and loved where I live, but outside sources ruined it. Mostly peoiple from other places that had it worse but came from higher income and capitalized on where I am. If that's your story as well, than you should understand my bichin, and voice it as well. BUT what happens to this world is human nature..AKA a virus

Felber

COLD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by COLD »

Same here Felber. Jobs, Jobs ,Jobs. It was a real reach when I bought this place. Spent 3 years renovating the 960 sq' place and was real nice but 3rd kid coming, wife thought bigger. The garage I built was way nicer! 3 times what I got for my paid off house and still owe more than I got 12 years later. Oil goes nuts and while I am still not making more than I was 8 years ago because I am in the "AIRLINE" business vehicle shop rates are $90.00/Hr, drywallers are making $140.000.00/yr if they want and if i want to keep my pension? :twisted: People learning on the job are making 3X what I make if they don't mind being away from family. I would say my city is going through the same thing as florida in some respect but like you say the retirement people are turning their $10000.00 investment int $750000.00 and going somewhere warm for 6 months. Best of both worlds, Feel a heart attack coming on go back to Canada because 6 months less a day in USA I beleive. My wife won't move anywhere else. Family #1. I think I struck a cord!

COLD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by COLD »

You know, our dollar is going up, interest rates are going to go up, the Alberta government just increased tarrifs,US oil company's are going to scale down investments, influx workers will leave, real estate will go down,taxes will still go up, snowbirds will still go to Florida and Arizona.

MavDog
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by MavDog »

FELBER FOR GOVENOR!!! :protest: :bs: :D
If you gonna have a weak mind, you better have a strong back!

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews »

PROPERTY TAXES SUCK!

INSURANCE SUCKS..

GEE JEB, you saved me 25 bucks this year on my taxes.......but cost me 1200 in extra insurance costs.
Big Ole Deckover in the making...

Big Mac
Southern Airboat Member

property taxes and such

Post by Big Mac »

What is so sad is the fact my wife an I worked 30 years to achieve the American dream. To own our own home, free and clear. We put two kids through college, then paid off the house. Reality now sets in, same house we always had, no other changes except we no longer have a mortgage payment. Today our monthly payment for taxes and insurance are DOUBLE what our entire house payment used to be.
We can't hardly afford the house we own!
Florida's motto should be "Home of ridiculous high taxes and poverty level wages"

MadSid
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by MadSid »

I'm supprised no one has filed a class action lawsuit against there counties over appraisl practices , they were fast to follow the so called boom that the developers claimed and over built and now that the market fell they cry bloody murder if you ask to drop your appraisl .Wheres all this extra money at ??

fatboy0054
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fatboy0054 »

SAME STUFF HERE MAC ! TAXS AND INSURANCE IS HIGHER THAN MY MORTGAGE WAS ! MY BUTT IS SO MUCH SMALLER NOW ,BEING ITS BEEN USED SO DAM MUCH FOR A 300 POUND GUY !I AM SCARED TO SIT DOWN !AND THE DAMNEST THING ABOUT IT ! THEY DONT LIKE MY FLAG!THEY DONT LIKE MY BOAT !DONT LIKE MY TRUCK ! HELL DONT EVEN LIKE ME ! AND FOR ME PERSONALLY I DONT LIKE ME FOR LETTING THIS SHIT GET ,THIS DAMN FAR !HELL I HAVE BEEN USED SO MUCH NOW, I CAN FART AND NO BODY CAN HEAR ME ! :fart:
(Disclaimer )! Which means ! Dont try to sue me for your own stupidity !
http://www.mymudspace.com/fatboy0054
http://www.myspace.com/fatboy0054

MikeP
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MikeP »

Your farts aint smellin like vasoline are they??? :D :D

Shoot, dunno how Im gonna be able to own a home at this rate. Atleast in Palm Beach County I'm not.

All the extra money in this county went to the corrupt politicians that the FBI is investigating.

FELBER632

Post by FELBER632 »

MadSid wrote:I'm supprised no one has filed a class action lawsuit against there counties over appraisl practices , they were fast to follow the so called boom that the developers claimed and over built and now that the market fell they cry bloody murder if you ask to drop your appraisl .Wheres all this extra money at ??

Now THAT'S the action I want in on. I don't care about any money in my pocket, but this has gotta stop. Who's kiddin who? Just like Mac (well not completely) I paid my house off free and clear in hopes of "The American dream". I put my nut into something I thought was an investment for me and mine to be rid of the debt. Now my taxes and insurence surpase what my taxes, insurance, and note were. Oh yeah, that's before I was fed city water, bills for hispanic day and utilities parades!

Seriously...What do YOU OWE these greedy-ass people? Yeah..You're guilty of trying to better yourself and be as debt-free as possible. Now some a-hole 1000miles North get's ripped off by greedy developers and realtors cuz he can afford to buy two of our houses with the money he sold his shack in New Jersey for. .....

I better quit....My face is red...

Felber

captain chad
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by captain chad »

you know i just thought about something yall before 911 we all could voice are concerns and even throw around a little talk of solutions to this problem but now my first thought is what is homeland security gonna think about this line of dialoge.WOW! I'm a citizen in fear of my goverment think about that for a while Kind of scary

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

Bring it on ! Im right there shoulder to shoulder with felber. Mines paid for too and all I get is more bills ! What the heck are they doing with all this money they got !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 »

FELBER632 wrote:
MadSid wrote:I'm supprised no one has filed a class action lawsuit against there counties over appraisl practices , they were fast to follow the so called boom that the developers claimed and over built and now that the market fell they cry bloody murder if you ask to drop your appraisl .Wheres all this extra money at ??

Now THAT'S the action I want in on. I don't care about any money in my pocket, but this has gotta stop. Who's kiddin who? Just like Mac (well not completely) I paid my house off free and clear in hopes of "The American dream". I put my nut into something I thought was an investment for me and mine to be rid of the debt. Now my taxes and insurence surpase what my taxes, insurance, and note were. Oh yeah, that's before I was fed city water, bills for hispanic day and utilities parades!

Seriously...What do YOU OWE these greedy-ass people? Yeah..You're guilty of trying to better yourself and be as debt-free as possible. Now some a-hole 1000miles North get's ripped off by greedy developers and realtors cuz he can afford to buy two of our houses with the money he sold his shack in New Jersey for. .....

I better quit....My face is red...

Felber

Hell no dont quit ya just about got that nail bet through the 6X6 . You are completly right the only ? is what can we do about it really not being a smart ass but what do we have to do to change things?????
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

captain chad
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by captain chad »

just saw on channel 9 news that longwood is going to start charging you for accidents if dont live there and get in one. a friend warned me this would happen but i didnt think it was possible but we should prob. prepare for more legislation like this in the future

MadSid
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by MadSid »

captain chad wrote:just saw on channel 9 news that longwood is going to start charging you for accidents if dont live there and get in one. a friend warned me this would happen but i didnt think it was possible but we should prob. prepare for more legislation like this in the future

Its funny how they wanna charge you for there so called expenses when our tax dollars already pay for there services weather they sit or work and wheres all the extra money at ,The fire dist next to mine this year had a 1 million plus surplus and they act like they have no money .

Return to “Airboat Talk”