First Question?

This one's over, but you can still read about it here.

North, South, it doesn't matter?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:09 pm

North
13%
South
47%
Doesn't matter to me
40%

Total votes: 15

rick
Site Admin

First Question?

Post by rick »

Any preference on running north or south?
Last edited by rick on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

There is alot of running here if some of you want to stay saturday and sunday I don't have any problem showing you around both days. if you want to go frogging at night I can arange that also not a problem.

HERE IS SOME OF THE HOTELS WITH IN A COUPLE OF MILES

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS 1-800-465-4329 4510 W. NEW HAVEN AVE

RAMADA LIMITED 1-800-272-6232 4500 w. NEW HAVEN AVE

YORK INN 1-321-724-5840 4455 W. NEW HAVEN AVE

BUDGET INN 1-321-724-5450 4505 W. NEW HAVEN AVE
www.dakotaairboats.com or 321-863-2312
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

passtime
Southern Airboat Member

First Question

Post by passtime »

As posted on another forum topic, should be home mid month and appears to be able to make it to Melbourne for the run.

Hope ya' ll dont object a La. boy runing w/ ya'll. Can come over early and stay late in order to get as much riding in as possible.

What regulations do the law pay attention too? want to be legal.
Larry

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

sounds good to me I'm up for the challange
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

a1mudpuppy
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by a1mudpuppy »

Thanks for the numbers, which one is the closest to the ramp?

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

Hey mudpuppy from lookin at the addresses it looks as if they are all within a block or two of each other
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

They are all at I 95 and 192 there is 4 gas stations there.one with cam 2 race fuel 110 or 114 octain . there is a bar called county line, and a waffle house and a denny's all with in walking distance from each other and maybe 2 miles from camp holly thats for south river . north river is 5 or 6 miles for where to launch .If you need any other info I will help you as best as i can

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

do we need a map to find the north launch area? has it been chosen whether it is north or south yet?
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Here is an aerial photo mosaic I made up showing Camp Holly and the other place across the river.

I put this in the gallery here at Southern Airboat, but it re-sized the image after I uploaded it.

if you go to this address you can download the high rez version of the image (if I did everything right):
http://homepage.mac.com/moodfood/.Pictu ... 0holly.jpg

Now, this high rez version of the same image will print out at 72 dpi and be 47 x 28 inches!!! But if you print it at 300 dpi, you'll end up with something that will fit onto legal size paper and have great detail. Be sure to Download the image to disk, most web browsers will re-size the image to fit on your screen. This is a HUGE image at 72 dpi (screen resolution)

In the image, I can see cars, boats at the dock, and Marshbunny says that she recognizes one of the boats as her little gunew - That is some good detail for an aerial photo - to see something the size of a canoe! But it shows the parking situation, and general layout so you know where to turn off the road etc.

Once its decided north or south, I'll put together a larger scale mosaic of some of the trails. Basketcase, I thought that was pretty cool that you printed out all those maps and stuff and stuck them to the underside of your bimini top! That is some smooth navigatin'!!!

enjoy. let me know if any of this does not print out correctly. The jpg file is a little shy of 1 Meg in size. But if anyone wants it, I can email you the raw photoshop mosaic image, an 11 Meg file!!

more to follow.

matt.

(edited because I got the link wrong - D'oh!)

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

South or north

Post by basketcase0302 »

moodfood,

Cool pic! Most of the computer talk above is way over my head!!

Even with pictures and my GPS I still got lost in the Everglades, (ask Larry, everything loks the same there)!

Basketcase

a1mudpuppy
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by a1mudpuppy »

I say make it a south run because it's only a couple of mile from the hotels. cntry141iq are you going over Friday? How about you basketcase are you going to make it? I may have to do some work that day I'm trying to swap some stuff to make it, Even though the wife is complaining that I'll be gone the next week starting Thursday for the Gator Hunt. I will not know until that Thursday if I'll be there or not.

harvey
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by harvey »

wow, just checked rates at the holiday inn exp. $120. I thought you could stay on the beach for less than that. anyone find any good rates?

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

got an idea if you get on http://www.priceline.com and pick your price you want to pay and the area witch is 192 and I 95 you could most likly get a room at the hotel for alot less. my wifes uncle done that the other day and got a 4 star hotel for $50.00 then done the same thing on a rent a car for 20.00 bucks

or if you fell like sweating you camp out in the marsh for free

passtime
Southern Airboat Member

first question

Post by passtime »

CCH.

1. Are there any RV sites close by? May come in a RV pulling the boat.

2. If the RV is used, is there anyway to get assistance in launching. can pull forward, cant back. bus is 45' long.

Any assistance or sugestion would be appreciated.
Larry

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Yeah Harvey - Don't the Holiday Inn Express have a kitchenette in every room? Then you save money by cooking your own groceries and not eating out. Maybe it works out the same. (if you buy 3 of the most expensive menu items whenever you eat out)

:)

Anything close to the beach or the glorified rat is going to be slightly pricey. But you need to come down! It's worth it!

matt.

jim
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jim »

Passtime, (Larry),

Have you ever considered putting a hitch on the front of the motorhome?

Jim

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

there is not any close ones there all 10 to 15 miles away most of the hotels park semis so they would most likely let you park there If not the local walmart parking lot

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Pasttime - you can use my truck to put your boat into the water if you can use your rv to get it to the launch site (or with a mile or three) You drive. I have a v-10 Dodge 4 wheel drive and carry 1 7/8" & 2" balls and a fifth wheel hitch too.

But if you are pulling a gooseneck trailer I'll need to pack up that hitch. How the heck would you pull a gooseneck with an RV?!?! Are you crazy? :lol:

Parking trailers without the vehicles would ease the parking situation anyway.

matt.

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

If you can't find a place to park you motor home you can park it in front of my house but I only have room for one

passtime
Southern Airboat Member

Post by passtime »

manurving(spell ?) a 45 foot bus w/ trailer is beyond my ability.

moodfood, will take you on your offer

CCH, will accept your offer unless one of the motels will allow RV parking
Larry

passtime
Southern Airboat Member

Post by passtime »

CCHardt,

will you be able to run friday if I come in Thursday?
Larry

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

I have to work that friday until 5:30 after that we can run until you want too.

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by stan »

marsh might not be to bad, might have to pack the air and generator. are there any dry places to camp ?

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blackpowderscout »

I'm not sure if I'm staying Saturday night or not. I have my 4 month old who hasn't learned to take to the bottle yet. If he doesn't I'll probably stay since the wife won't come but if she comes I don't know... :wink:

If I do stay I'll probably camp in the marsh.

Adam

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

yes there is dry places to camp they have platforms to set up on and most of them have the old hand pump well for water and the are all in the shade

Return to “Operation Airboat - August 27, 2005”