When and Where?

This one's over, but you can still read about it here.
blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

When and Where?

Post by blackpowderscout »

Alright! I'm glad to see that we have settled on Melbourne for our gathering.

I'm starting to recieve inquiries on when and where we are actually planning on pulling this thing off. Am I correct in asuming that Camp Holley is the place? If not lets please decide so I can alert everyone.

Next, what time are we looking at? I realize that there are many of us coming long distances and some are coming a day early or a day late. No problem as far as I'm concerned but I still need an approx. hit time so I can put it out when I am talking to others.

Also, I think it would be good for the media to attend IF we all agree to strive hard to set a good image. We all know about the muffler thing and I'm pretty sure we all know how to tone it down in front of the cameras, but little things like the PFD's, drinking (on camera I mean:D ), etc, would go a long way in helping dispel any negative image that may have been wrongly given to our community.

Any thoughts??

Adam

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

we can park at camp holly but I'm waiting on the airboat assocition to let me know if we can use the ramp there they have 3 ramps, should know by the end of the week they are across the river from one another we need to find out the time 10,11,12 let me know when the best time suits you guys... I have all day and night
www.dakotaairboats.com or 321-863-2312
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

I'll say that 10am or so would be best for me. I really don't want to have to get there super early.

Once we decide what time we'll meet, I'll get there early and get set up to take the donations so we don't have to worry about them on the run and if anyone wants to leave before me they can without still having it in their vehicle. I'll lock everything in my wife's vehicle.

Adam

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

10:00AM sounds good to me.

cchardt, when you know about the ramp location, let me know & we'll get all the information posted at the top so everyone can start making their plans.

blackpowderscout, looks like you've created lot of interest in your military care package idea. I think we'll fire up the mass mail feature on this forum just to make sure everyone knows when, where, what, etc..

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Thanks Rick, I agree. I'm glad to see that everyone seems willing to help these soldiers out. Let me know if you need any more info or if anyone has any suggetions on how to make this better.

woodswoman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

"Run for the Troops"

Post by woodswoman »

Anyone out there that either knows media folks, or knows someone that knows them that can get them to come and cover this event??

Even if you don't know them, call or write (now is the time) and tell them what you plan to do. If enough of us get the word out, they will be there. They are NOT going to show if no one lets them know!

I will be doing a press release on this event on behalf of Florida Airboat Association. Give me some names, places to get it done.

lkbrown46@aol.com

Buck Thruster
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Buck Thruster »

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the run on the 27th but I'm going to throw my 2 cents worth in anyway. How many truck are you expecting? Camp Holly charges to use their ramp and parking is limited. The airboat club ramp is private as is the parking area in front of the clubhouse. I would hate to see anyones truck get towed by mistake. Lake Washington has a nice public airboat ramp and is centrally located to run North or South. Sarno road extension where the airboat races are held is also a centrally located public area with plenty of parking and is right off an I95 exit. You might even stick a few frogs in the Sarno marsh while your at it.
Ride with pride. It's not illegal to be an airboater.

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Hopefully we can all get together tonight at the chat and figure out exactly where the best place to put in will be.

Have we settled on 10am for a time?

Adam

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

sweet water drive at the end ramp..there is no address all they have is a po box
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

here is two of the rampsImage

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Great pix CCH. I can't wait for the run! Thanks to you and the mrs. for posting them.

How is your boat running with the new motor?

matt.

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

running great had some thing build a nest in the fuel line got that fixed yesterday went for a good ride today and got some good pictures of the area today posted most of them rick will have to post the rest we had some trouble with them

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

when and where

Post by basketcase0302 »

cchardt,

Is security an issue at the ramp area?

141 says he can bring his "gay cat" to guard the trucks while we ride if so!

Basketcase

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

No there has never been a problem there.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

when and where

Post by basketcase0302 »

Hey CC,

Check this out!

[/img]http://www.southernairboat.com/photopost/data/500/HPIM0254.JPG

[img]

Basketcase[/img]
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

That looks good! It seems to be pretty large so we should be able to see it well. Great work!

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Sign to be posted at ramp

Post by Ms. Wizard »

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%$@, she's awake!"

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

That looks great and it is big enough for people to see!!

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Hey - the arrow is pointing the wrong way! Its SOUTHERN airboat... the arrow is supposed to point south. :lol:

I like that sign a lot! It looks better than any sign I would have made! Sometimes I can't even real my own handwriting!!! :oops:

matt.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Extra cool with that line on the bottom... Gitter Done Prop-erly

GREAT LINE!!! :D

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

went out there today and rode it all the way we are going to take burned around 1/2 tank of gas also found out that there is alot of shallow water so you don't have to run in the canal but a few times some of the trailes have curvey paths most of the riding is out in the sun a couple of the spots we will stop are shadey and a coulpe are in driect sun light it took me around 2 1/2 hrs non stop to make the trip. I have 4 place to stop planed and the last of the trailes are up in the cypress trees so we will be in and out of shade

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

Great sign basket cases I might even be able to see that one.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

when and where

Post by basketcase0302 »

cc,

The ride sounds awesome! Is there anywhere all the boats could stop to have a picnic type lunch?

As my eyesight fades so does my memory! What did you ask me?!

Basketcase

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

yes we will stop about 3/4 of the way around at bulldozer cabins lots of shade and parking.. also bring some wasp spray there are quite a few there. did you by chance paint the other side of the sign so it can be seen from both driections

Return to “Operation Airboat - August 27, 2005”