Exhaust clamps

A discussion on ways to reduce it.
PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Exhaust clamps

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:58 pm

I dont know anything about exhaust systems but I am thinking about installing a Magnaflow 12568 on my GPU to quieten it down some and I dont know what kind of clamps to buy to attach 2.5" flex...Does the flex "slide" up on the in/out of the muffler or is it more of a butt-joint? I dont really want to buy a bunch of spare parts to experiment with:scratch:

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Exhaust clamps

Postby goldhunter_2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:01 pm

I slide the flex pipe over my headers an muffler then use a band clamp on header side to make it look cleaner and regular muffler clamp on muffler side because I also use it to bolt to a fixed plate on my cage and hold the mufflers, that's what works for me .

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

gator7272
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby gator7272 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Funny you should ask, I just finished rounding up the supplies I need to install my new mufflers. I got some stainless flowmasters, and the outside dia. of the muffler is the same as the flex pipe, so I got Alumitech to cut me 2 pcs. of 2 1/2 od to splice the two together and tack weld them then go over that with the fore mentioned band clamps.Good luck!!
11.5 X 7.5 Alumitech
2.0 Ecotec LTG
2.38:1 Ballistic
3 Blade Whirlwind 2.0

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 pm

goldhunter_2 wrote:I slide the flex pipe over my headers an muffler then use a band clamp on header side to make it look cleaner and regular muffler clamp on muffler side because I also use it to bolt to a fixed plate on my cage and hold the mufflers, that's what works for me .

So your saying that the OD of the muffler is is the same as the ID of the flex?

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:47 pm

it depends on how you order your mufflers .. most times you can get them with an od that fits the id of the flex pipe .. just gotta pay attention when ordering them or simply get a piece of pipe that the od is the same as the id of the mufflers and the flex ... no big deal either way
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 pm

cntry141iq wrote:it depends on how you order your mufflers .. most times you can get them with an od that fits the id of the flex pipe .. just gotta pay attention when ordering them or simply get a piece of pipe that the od is the same as the id of the mufflers and the flex ... no big deal either way

Thanks cntry...I just talked to machinstles and it sounds like I will be getting a piece that fits in both and use clamps...

Return to “Airboat Sound”