Uploading pics

Site news and announcements.
rm220
Southern Airboat Member

Uploading pics

Postby rm220 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Why cant i upload any pics? It keeps saying the max i can upload is 215 KIB its only some text and i picture. Do u have to be a sight supporter to upload pics on the Forum? I was trying to upload a pic of the boat i just built. Thanks.

WhoDat
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Uploading pics

Postby WhoDat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Become a site supporter and it will allow you to upload more than four pics a day
TEAM RICOCHET!

speed wheelie
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby speed wheelie » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Just resize your pictures!
You got to be yourself
863-956-3030 shop and cell

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:36 pm

Sounds like what you are trying to do is attach a pic to a forum post. Yes, there is a 256k limit to the file size.
Solution would be to go to the "pictures & wallpapers" gallery and upload it there. And from there you can like it to your post.

Yes, site supporters get a larger overall size to their gallery, but it should not affect one photo.
That 256k wall you are running into is a forum thing. I'm not sure why Rick has it set to that limit, probably to limit those huge photos which throw off the way the whole thread page shows up on our screens. Just a guess.

matt.

wilemotorsports
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby wilemotorsports » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:41 pm

I am a site suporter and it was telling me the same thing i have no problem posting pictures in my adds but tryed to post some pictures of airboat races at triple canope today and it kept telling me the picture file was to big :shock:

rick
Site Admin

Postby rick » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:26 am

I need to know if ya'll are talking about uploading a picture to your picture gallery or attaching a picture to a post in the forum.

If you're trying to attach a picture to a post in the forum and it's too large, just do like mood said. Upload it to your picture gallery, then it will be resized. After it's on the internet, there's no need to "attach" it. You can just insert it into your posts per these instructions: Posting Pictures in the Forum

If you're trying to upload to your gallery and it's too large, email it to me. I'd like to take a look: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Rick

wilemotorsports
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby wilemotorsports » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 pm

THANKS RICK I WILL TRY THAT AND SEE WHAT THAT DOES

Return to “Site Related”