One star--two star--three star

Site news and announcements.
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: One star--two star--three star

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:03 am

Best advice I can give is "DON'T DRINK AND POST"...lol

Rick runs a good clean site and in my opinion it is worthy of a small annual donation which is a choice not a requirement. The free tech advice and access to specialized classified ads are a bonus. What many don't know is Rick works tirelessly behind the scenes to eradicate the spam and try to mitigate slander issues that a few on here can not comprehend.

My son was in in Iraq not to long ago and Rick coordinated care packages which were able to be passed along to fellow soldiers and our allies. Nothing better than a Florida boy seeing a Southern Airboat sticker on the the Osprey when the boys load back up on the aircraft after kicking some azz. This is the thing people don't see and can't often be discussed. :old_glory:

Bonefish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Bonefish » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Well I have just spent a good amount of time trying to do this and try as I might, just can't seem to find this elusive top right hand corner link. :dontknow:

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Bonefish,
Everyone involved appreciates your desire to help support the cause. That upper right hand corner was a reference to the screen position before the last round of upgrades that were done to the site. Unfortunately, I don't know where in the new format to direct you to find it.

This link should get you where you were trying to go, in any case:
http://www.southernairboat.com/support.php

Thanks again for your support ! :salute:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Batemaster
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Batemaster » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks for the link!

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:46 pm

I came on this site because it was free and I had hoped that down the rode I would get to know and meet people. Free sites are normally kept up by someone willing to give their time and knowledge (FREE) but I have never understood their reasoning to the exact point as to why they do it other than they know they are capable of this and make the time for it knowing others either don't know how or don't have the amount of time necessary to do it. But I look at it in a way that makes since to me. All of us have special talents and we hand out our talents free to others as Rick has done on this site. If you know about guns and give information to others about it then you took the time to help others with your knowledge and you didn't charge them for it. Same goes for airboat, motors or whatever on this site that we can all contribute knowledge that helps others. I feel Rick has used his knowledge and abilities to keep this site going as others on this site have contributed their knowledge to help others so whether it is Rick or the members on this site it was all done ,so to speak, FREE. IM SURE THAT RICK DOESNT DO THIS FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF MAKING MONEY OR A LIVING, I'm willing to bet he does it as the rest of us do, to help others by making it possible for all to communicate and help one another. Rick might of made a small mistake by doing the star thing for all to see, he might should have fixed it so it would show as a reference for him and him only but we never know whether we are doing the right think sometimes so when it doesn't work we change it and move on. We have all made good comments on this site and have sometimes said things we later wished we had kept our mouth shut , but we are all human and will never always get it right but we all have to be willing to suck it up and move on as the friends we have been on this site regardless of occasionally getting our feeling hurt or our egos stepped on so how about you fellows just forgetting what was said to one another and man up and move on like it didn't happen. Hell, your wives ,xwives,or girlfriends have pissed you off better than anyone on this site ever could. LOL Lets keep it like it was and be Airboat Brothers and move on.

Return to “Site Related”