rains coming

Other news of interest to the airboating community.
Croc1
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

rains coming

Post by Croc1 »

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... /308020001
looks like we might get some good rain soon!!

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Well, Chris, Come on over! We need your rain. I hope it dumps on the glades, Kissimmee, and St. Johns and all of florida. The water had started to come up so nice, then the rise sort of just stalled out. It's been dropping again the last week or so.

Article said they think this will not be much of a windstorm - especially inland - just rain.

:)

Thanks croc - seems if I have the tv on, it's to watch a DVD, and if there is music on, it's a CD or MP3. Thanks for the heads up for media illiterates like me.

matt.

jdotson
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by jdotson »

Here is the latest information I received from a tropical weather prediction center:

At this time, the most likely scenario is for the storm to move just north of the mountains of Hispaniola and eastern Cuba. Also, the storm will likely continue to experience some adverse shearing effects from the upper-level troughs, but not enough to weaken or destroy the system.
Thus, it appears that Chris will likely remain a tropical storm for the next 5 days and eventually threaten south Florida, the Florida straights, or western Cuba by Monday. There is a slight possibility that Chris could move into a very favorable position between the upper-level troughs by Saturday or Sunday that would allow for intensification to a hurricane prior to reaching Florida or the Gulf; however, this is not a very likely scenario at this time.

It is too early to speculate about possible tracks or intensity predictions if and when the storm reaches the Gulf of Mexico next week.

I really like all possibilities disclosed and not just a painted picture of the highest probabilities. I look forward to the rain and I hope the rain is all we get.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

The pictured projections in this article are taken from this NOAA site ..... http://www.nhc.noaa.gov . It's a good one. I keep it bookmarked.

Return to “Other Important News”