Toho today with the family

Other news of interest to the airboating community.
OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Toho today with the family

Post by OLD MAN JONES » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Near lake Toho with the family till Fri. evening. Looking for interesting outdoors Old Florida to see. Any suggestions?
Thanks
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Toho today with the family

Post by newoldglory » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 pm

With or without boat? Contact Skinny pockets. He has spent many years around St. Cloud.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks Gerald, no boat this time. I did plan to bring the 16' er and had a lil accident, which injured my right leg. Got. Surgery Wednesday to repair the cut tendon. Didn't feel right to bring the boat, but I promised the family this vacation and here we are :cheers: . We would love to go out on Toho, just not the commercial end of it so much. Hopefully it won't take another 5 1/2 yrs for us to get back up here.
As for anyone reading this in the Toho area, we are a family of 6 and our lil angels are 4, 6, 8, 9

I got this nick name "Old Man Jones" thanks to an other injury when my wife was about to give birth to our 3rd child. I tore up my back real good, while building a memorial for a 15yr old "young man". Let's just say he had outstanding carachter and was worth it.

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:59 am

OLD MAN JONES, Not sure what you're looking for but I'll be glad to help if I can.

Unfortunately there's not much old Florida left around here since Disney showed up, everything is so commercial now the local people have either moved away or travel to the coast for vacation. Even the few ranchers that are still here have to lock their gates.

The wife and I went to the Sanford Zoo a while back and found it to be overpriced and disappointing so don't waste your time there!

Where are you staying here?

I'll PM you my phone number. Give me a call and I'll try help you out. Rich

(EDIT); You might want to look at this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Osceola- ... 1116290137 Was there a few years ago and enjoyed it, (The house and museum on Bass rd). I'd call ahead for prices.

:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks SkinnyPockets, we happen to be very near the place on Bass rd. And were planning on going there.
I am no mooch and not looking for a free ride from anyone, just advice for our time to be well spent here.

wilemotorsports
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wilemotorsports » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 am

Marshell take them to Animal Kingdom it's about the kids and they would love it a little pricey but it would be worth it

Return to “Other Important News”