loosing rights to camp or have our cabins on river in Pa?

Other news of interest to the airboating community.
airboat_Mike
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

loosing rights to camp or have our cabins on river in Pa?

Postby airboat_Mike » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:58 pm

I came home from Fl. yesterday to a surprise. I was told by friends that the state posted notes on all islands with personal cabins that they will be burning the cabins down the end of the month and no camping is allowed anymore. We need some help... this is a tradition and has gone on for many generations on the river. I could really use some help has to what We can do to stop this mess. I can be reached at 717 903-0391 or you can try to email me at airboat_mike2001@yahoo.com if there is anyone out there that would be able to help point me in the right direction. Thanks all in advance. Next will be the right to airboat here I see it comming!
airboat_mike

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: loosing rights to camp or have our cabins on river in Pa

Postby newoldglory » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 am

airboat_Mike wrote:I came home from Fl. yesterday to a surprise. I was told by friends that the state posted notes on all islands with personal cabins that they will be burning the cabins down the end of the month and no camping is allowed anymore. We need some help... this is a tradition and has gone on for many generations on the river. I could really use some help has to what We can do to stop this mess. I can be reached at 717 903-0391 or you can try to email me at airboat_mike2001@yahoo.com if there is anyone out there that would be able to help point me in the right direction. Thanks all in advance. Next will be the right to airboat here I see it comming!

It happened here in Florida years ago. The state started burning camps and the camp owners got together and hired an attourney to file an injunction against the state which resulted in leases through the grandfather law. You or some one has to start the ball rolling as fast as possible. It' their way of collecting taxes, that's all they want anyhow (You're money). Best of luck. Gerald 561 722 1712
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 am

Airboat_mike; please keep us informed on the OPEN forum as to the out come of this abuse from our governing bodys. We need to know that we cannot trust our government. We must stand together as airboaters, hunters and recreational folks to keep our inheireted freedom of our lands. It's ours, not theirs! :thumbleft:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

swampbuggyguy
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampbuggyguy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 am

You might want to contact legislators and officials about Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act with regards to the existence of traditional cultural properties. It may not be a permanent answer to your problem but it may force them to stop and do a study.

Is there any newspaper articles or background info on this issue?

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Rich Andrews » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:25 am

get a load of dirt mix some old bones,a few arrowheads,maybe drill a gopher turtle hole and cover with seed...call it an indian mound nobody will touch it.

We feel ur pain,because each day down here in Fl,they're conspiring a new way to keep us from having any traditional fun. If the slimy politicians can't make money on it,and ur having fun,they want to see that it's gone.

Good luck in ur fight, but think outside the box, because playing by the rules down here gets u nowhere.
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

Dreadneck
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Dreadneck » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:41 am

communist basterds. FIGHT

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:12 am

There was no advanced notice? This just came out of the blue?

Return to “Other Important News”