Time for a change for the next Florida Governor

Other news of interest to the airboating community.
Uhairball
Southern Airboat Member

Time for a change for the next Florida Governor

Postby Uhairball » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 pm

I know this was posted in another thread, but I thought I would repost it here so even those not registered or logged in could see it.
Pass the word to all you know. We don't have to pick the lesser of two evils. There is another choice.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-adrian-w ... 0328.story

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Time for a change for the next Florida Governor

Postby digginfool » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:33 pm

A vote for Wyllie is a vote for Crist. Stay the course. You may not like Scott but his policies are friendlier to our cause than anything Crist will promote. Ol' Chuckie-boy has proven time and again he will say anything, strike any pose, stand on any soap box as long as it means getting elected.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

southbound125
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby southbound125 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Well said Diggin, At least you know where Gov. Scott stands. He is the better choice for the people who pay taxes!
13.6 GTO / motivation by 383 small block chevy / OX BOX 2.68 to 1 / R blade prop !

pisswillie63
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby pisswillie63 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:55 pm

I like Scott.
A Member Of The Poor Ass White Boys Inc.
Lake Wales Florida!!

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby fl cracker » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Me Too, I think he's done a good job. I liked Charlie, but seems wishy washy and will say whatever to get votes!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2012 12'-6" x 7'-6" Hamant with a SV 540 & NGQ's

midnight rider
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby midnight rider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:16 pm

As a state worker I can honestly say skeletor won't get my vote and I haven't met any other state,county ,or other municipality worker who's going to vote for him either.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:34 pm

midnight rider wrote:As a state worker I can honestly say skeletor won't get my vote and I haven't met any other state,county ,or other municipality worker who's going to vote for him either.

This is not an attack on you nor a reflection of who you are as a person but you most likely will neither agree with or like what I'm about to say. One of the basic premises of the Left is Big Government but the reason goes beyond a belief that the public sector can do the job better than the private sector. In contrast, the Right is against Big Government because the belief is that the private sector can do the job better than the public sector. Sure, there are certain functions that must remain a part of government and there's no argument there. But, every single government worker gets their check from the people they vote into office. So, who do you think any and nearly all government workers are going to vote for? The guy promising fiscal responsibility and elimination of government waste or the guy who is going to hand out pensions and raises like it was ice cream cones? And to what detriment to the liberal politician? He achieves his party's goal and gets elected and really doesn't have to concern himself on how he plans to pay for all those ice cream cones. He'll just raise taxes.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Diggin the independent will actually help Scott as typically DEMS on the fence will vote IND

FACT IS THERE ARE NO REALLY GOOD CANDIDATES THIS YEAR

rjonesboy
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby rjonesboy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Diggin, you almost got it. The left IS big government. The right is also big government, they just want to spend it differently

midnight rider
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby midnight rider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:32 pm

I've worked in both the private and the public. And if the jobs are taken from the public and given to the public or vice versa is really no concern to me but as a state worker one of the candidates was good for us and the other wasn't. What exactly has Scott done to help florida? Not really sure what you mean by handing out pensions either. As of now it takes 8 years of service to become vested in FRS.

captain chad
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby captain chad » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:22 pm

Rick Scott in this house.
"you cant fix stupid"

Steel Armadillo
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Steel Armadillo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Rick Scott has done a good job, in my opinion. He'll get my vote, again, and did in the primary. I would take him over my current president in a heartbeat. At least he can make decisions.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 am

midnight rider wrote:I've worked in both the private and the public. And if the jobs are taken from the public and given to the public or vice versa is really no concern to me but as a state worker one of the candidates was good for us and the other wasn't. As of now it takes 8 years of service to become vested in FRS.

You just proved my point.

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby DDSBC » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:55 am

midnight rider wrote:As a state worker I can honestly say skeletor won't get my vote and I haven't met any other state,county ,or other municipality worker who's going to vote for him either.

You may be right....because I'm not sure if I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet.
Micah Smith

BCAHCC, KRVSA and lifetime NRA member
12x7 Diamondback w/ rivited on poly, double rear driver double front passenger, full cage, 285 hp IO-520 swingin a 74" Whirl Wind Whisper Tip.

JCGator
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby JCGator » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 am

midnight rider wrote:I've worked in both the private and the public. And if the jobs are taken from the public and given to the public or vice versa is really no concern to me but as a state worker one of the candidates was good for us and the other wasn't. What exactly has Scott done to help florida? Not really sure what you mean by handing out pensions either. As of now it takes 8 years of service to become vested in FRS.

What has Scott done for Florida? How about the first budget surplus in 6 years in 2013 and reducing the outstanding state debt since 2011 when he took office? :scratch: I understand you will vote for who best serves you but you asked what he did for the STATE. Money talks, BS walks.
10'6" Taylor Hull. Lycoming 170 hp - O-320 w/ 480 AV jugs

Blackcoffee
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Blackcoffee » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 am

The very people I voted for thru me under the bus to a big lobby interest. They would do the same again. This does not mean I will not vote for my party, I will vote more informed this year. If Wyllie checks out I will vote for him, we will never have more choices if we don't try.
GTO 14' Deckover

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby HuntingBigun » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 am

Crist is a lawyer and when he was governor he was a republican, then turned independent then turned democratic party, who knows what he will do if elected. Private sector always can outperform the public work force the list of jobs that used to be done by the government and now those services are provided by the private sector is growing heck just read the paper and today our government gave the contract to private companies to fly our astronauts to the space station. then at the other end we have the roads mowed by private companies where 30 years it was done by the state.

Now if we just shut down US Postal Service that would save us billions of dollars, they lost 2 billion in the last 3 months and 27 billion sense 2011. UPS or Fed X could do it cheaper and save us money

Heck got to be in the army for 20 years to be vested so what is the big deal about 8 years for state worker for retirement. Bloated outdate government is what we have state & fed's.

Crist just runs his mouth about what Scott has done stay's clear of his own record because most would not like that he supports same sex marriage well at least today until he changes his mind again like abortion, search the public record for his voting record and you see the real Crist.

Sorry for the rant but dang he supports Obama and that crap is never going to fly with me.........................................
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:54 am

Blackcoffee wrote:The very people I voted for thru me under the bus to a big lobby interest. They would do the same again. This does not mean I will not vote for my party, I will vote more informed this year. If Wyllie checks out I will vote for him, we will never have more choices if we don't try.

Be more specific about what happened.

midnight rider
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby midnight rider » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 am

I would never compare getting a pension in the army vs public sector. And that's bs about the private sector out performing the public. Because the same individuals can work in either the public or private. In the public sector it's not about production it's about maintaining and ensuring it works when needed. In the private it's about going as fast as you can go and still make it work so you can get a better profit. If my public job job gets privatized then I'll have to go work for them most likely for lower wages, crappy insurance and prob no retirement. Been there done that. I'm not a liberal nor a democrat but I'm gonna vote for the one that's best for florida and my family.

Rad Ripper
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Rad Ripper » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Myself and my 3000 co-workers will never vote for Scott ever again!

shootingtheBREEZE
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby shootingtheBREEZE » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Scott has my vote, anyone who votes for Christ need to open there eyes.

Blackcoffee
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Blackcoffee » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:50 pm

digginfool wrote:
Blackcoffee wrote:The very people I voted for thru me under the bus to a big lobby interest. They would do the same again. This does not mean I will not vote for my party, I will vote more informed this year. If Wyllie checks out I will vote for him, we will never have more choices if we don't try.

Be more specific about what happened.

I will be vague not wanting to bring up another subject to debate. I worked with people, companies, and originations about keeping 20 year plus laws in place. These business laws do not have anything to do with the airboat community. If I come south and see you at a show or on the water I would be glad to tell you over a beer.
GTO 14' Deckover

gladesman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby gladesman » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Scott trimmed the devil out of SFWMD which was overdue but then got scared by a bunch of enviro freek push back and slowed down trimming government from what I've seen and greened up a good bit.

Now if Scott can get a second term it may give him a chance to do more house cleaning.

Can't stand Crist due to his flip floppin". Actually thought he was a good official many years ago but no more.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:22 pm

midnight rider wrote: In the public sector it's not about production

And thus the origins of the phrase "Looks like a government job. Three people watching, two looking like they're ready to work and one actually doing something." The government is the very essence of inefficiency. Nobody tries because they know they'll never get fired. And don't even get me started about government unions.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:20 pm

I will never vote for anyone who supports Obama or Hillary ! Ever !
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Return to “Other Important News”