New Years Eve Run

New Years Eve on the Kissimmee Chain. Make plans here.
basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

New Years Eve Run

Post by basketcase0302 »

Hey Ya'll,

Workin hard on boat, trailer and Basketcase #15! (Bah-Humbug)!

Any thoughts on the previous possiblity of "Ms Betty" and New Years Eve run?

Basketcase

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blackpowderscout »

I'll meet you on the lake somewhere...I'm not driving all the way to Thomas Landing though. I'm putting in up near Camp Mack.

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

Stan is the organizer I believe but probably could be talked out of it. LOL I think the party is at the MILK BUS. some are going to camp out there. All should bring fireworks and food and of course drinks of choice.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

Hopefully we are able to make it there for that run. Not sure about staying the night, not sure. Who knows but we are sure going to try.

AirboatRN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by AirboatRN »

We will definitely be somewhere out there, too! I'm pretty sure we'll be camping overnight. Not sure where we'll put in yet. We went out to Thomas Landing last Sunday. The road was pretty bad, but passable with a proper truck. Towing the boat out there was half the fun! They have a great ramp and dry loading place for airboats. See y'all at the Milkbus or somewhere out there!
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Laura.

Airboatcapt2
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Jan.

Post by Airboatcapt2 »

I'm going to try to make the run. I would like to camp there overnight around a big camp fire. Hope to see you guys there.
Faron Floyd
American Airboat Corp
Orange, Texas
www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

Croc1
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Croc1 »

Laura if ya get stuck and your boats tied down properly dont forget you have a great machine that pushes real well :)

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

It's cool that many are showing up for this one. :) I'm wanting to make a New Year's Resolution to go camping more in 2006 - and what better way to make it count than by bringing in the new year while camping out?

But I'm not going camping by myself all year! I need to check with my sweetheart :love2: on that one. I hope she goes for it, and by the looks of the above post... sounds like she will. :D

Milk Bus sounds good. Not sure where we'll launch from, but I'm leaning towards Thomas Landing... because we can. That road was bad last weekend, but not that bad! Some kids in a mustang made it thru there. Of course, being kids in a sporty car, they just HAD to do a bunch of burnouts and 360's turning the last remaining flat areas of the road into a washboard. :violent1:

ACES OVER 8's - I'm looking forward to reading your excuse for NOT making this one!!! LOL You better be there!

I think I'll bring all the stuff I brought last time - Tarps in case of rain, and hand saws for firewood, etc. but I'm gonna toss in the chainsaw this time for some overnight logs.

PFD stands for Pillow/Floatation Device.... Right? :lol:

matt.

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by stan »

cntry wroteStan is the organizer I believe but probably could be talked out of it. LOL I think the party is at the MILK BUS. some are going to camp out there. All should bring fireworks and food and of course drinks of choice.

far as the agenda goes it's wide open
sugestions wanted
meet at milk bus 10:30am ?
BS ?
ride12:00pm?
meet back at milk bus 4:00pm?
cook and eat?
BS?
Ride?
Party at milk bus 8:00 pm?
mood it would be nice if you would volenteer to be camp boss and
cntry ride director and tow boss as i have do not know the area
Now with a lota help i can handle the cooking and entertainment
a friend is goin to bring generator and lights one of those quiet hondas
we all should have a good time

[/quote]

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by stan »

Ride the BUS into 2006?

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

new year's eve

Post by Ms. Wizard »

Hey everybody! Have you missed me? I am so ready for a ride and to see you all again. You thought Basketcase buried me in the backyard didn't you? Admit it...you were thinking it! Dakota....PM me and let me know your plans. Can't wait to see you all! Pack your long johns...and those battery powered warmin' socks your momma got you last christmas.

dawn
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%$@, she's awake!"

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

TOW BOSS ??? I hope not to ring in the newyear with a tow job be it giving or getting one LOL THUNDER the pressure is on man. I will bring a chainsaw also. I don't have one of those white trash condos like STAN but maybe I can dig up a new tent somewhere.

Stan cooks some mean grub so nobody talk him outta cookin we won't regret it.

Dawn, Jeff said you stayed on the boat with RUSTY ?? see you never know when to take him serious LOL I hope ya'll make it .. wait a minute I hope I make it STAN and I are both boatless right now geez ... OH THUNDER help.
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Red Dwarf

Post by Red Dwarf »

You should all come to Lochoosa, everyone around here will be there 8)

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

SORRY RED we gonna ride the the bus into 2006, come on down and pound some ground with us, if we can find any the darn water is so high you gotta shoot the frogs outta the tree tops.

woodswoman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by woodswoman »

I'll see you all there! Really looking forward to this one. Gonna celebrate the coming new year southern style! Yeeehaaaa......!

SwampDoggy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SwampDoggy »

Stan, I really like that for a name!

RIDE THE BUS INTO 2006

This is gonna be so much fun!!

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

I'm planing on making the ride (if every thing goes wright) this new house is a pain!!!! but will be putting in at lk cypress and running the boat down to the bus
www.dakotaairboats.com or 321-863-2312
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

Woo Hoo we have a house. No power yet though but it is there and we are working on putting everything in it so when they finish we can move in. Yeah. We are working on being there and camping out there on the bus. See ya there.

Aces over 8s
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Aces over 8s »

moodfood wrote:
ACES OVER 8's - I'm looking forward to reading your excuse for NOT making this one!!! LOL You better be there!

:twisted: :P Yo Matt as it stands right now there should be somewhere in the neighbor-hood of 30 people at my camp. I just might make it for the day if we get monday off from work. Just fine tune the boat and did not have to buy a new fuel pump yet. :lol: :lol:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming " what a ride!"

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

ride the bus

Post by basketcase0302 »

Hey ya'll,

Sounds like it's gonna be another big one!

Gotta figure out how to set-up the stupid tent I guess :scratch:

Really like Stans idea of ride/ be lazy, ride/eat, ride/be lazy!!

Basketcase

jdotson
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by jdotson »

Was up at the bus on Sunday and not a soul in sight. I should have taken that as a hint but I weathered the dropping temp and cold rain late in the afternoon. The marsh is still holding plenty of water and should be great for New Year's. The road to Thomas Landing was just graded too but the soil was a little wet from recent rains which caused soft spots in the road where there used to be holes.

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

I was hunting that area earlier this week. The marsh is pretty wet but the road crossings look BAD. At least the one up by Cypress does. Big rocks sticking out everywhere and the gravels all gone. I don't know what the one by the square pond is like but I don't think I'll be jumping the dike this trip, at least not at those spots.

Adam

NRA Life

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Just wanted to let everyone know about another ramp on Lake Kissimmee... sort of. With all the talk about the questionable land deal and the crappy ramp at the south end of the lake with the bad currents and all, Laura and I decided to go look at it first hand. We saw the ramp on the upstream side of the locks. I can totally see that it is dangerous there! HOWEVER, if you go down to the other side of the locks, there is a rather nice ramp there. It launches into a side canal of the river. No currents or danger that way. You do have to go up into the lock to get into the lake though. And I'm not sure I'd want to park my truck there overnight while camping. But it did look like a nice ramp, and for someone like Faron or those on the south part of the state, it definitely is the closest launch point into the lake. Of course, bring gas because it's a LONG ride up to the bus on the north end of the lake... But that's not always a bad thing. ;)

Has anyone here ever used that ramp? Is there a toll to use the lock? Does it take long to use the lock?

We were thinking one of these days to put in there and trek down the river to see what the River Ranch thing is all about. We tried to go there for dinner on a Sunday evening, (with our boat in tow) but the guard at the shack was waving us off (I guess) before we could even pull up to him. He saw our boat and figured it was too crappy for River Ranch standards. (I'm guessing here!) He let us turn around in the golf course parking lot, but would not let us in. So we'll go there by water sometime. BTW, what sort of "dude ranch" has a golf course? :(

matt.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

Matt that ramp is ok but the locks close at certain times . There is no charge to use them but some find them rather daunting to use. The ramp at grape hammock is very steep and narrow. Camp mack by far has the best ramp as far as ramps go and Thomas landing is the most friendly place but often a bad road to get in there. Lake tiger has a airboat curfew I believe. It doesn't appear there will be any movement on the decision to sell the speight property in our favor. The water management appears to have made up their mind and there is not enough public outcry to save a wounded duck let alone a public ramp. They are giving lip service about other ramps but none of them are on the west side of the lake or if they are I haven't seen them. But the good news is we still have camp mack and thomas landing for now.

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

CNTRY's right, it doesn't appear that we will get a favorable decision. The talk about the dangers of those ramps was a ploy as far as I'm concerned. I think we tried to use that as our tool to stop the land deal. SWFMD saw through it and they say ramp access is the issue and not the land itself. Oh well, we'll have houses and all our northern airboating friends there during the winter in a few years. We tried I guess.

That southern ramp is alright but why risk fighting the lock when you can drive to a ramp that's better in the time it would take you get through it?? If the lock operator is there, it takes a while to get through and isn't fun, even in a conventional boat. Save yourself the trouble and dive to Thomas Landing or Grape Hammock. Or wait a little while and you might have a new ramp in Three Lakes :wink: Now, if you want to go south on the river then that ramp is pretty good. There is a lot of good fishing along the river and it doesn't get near as much pressure as the lake.

Matt, for you and Laura, Port Hatchineha would be the closest. It is a little steep but your truck could handle it. However, when the wind is whipping out of the north or east don't even try it. Also, dockspace can be limited during the summer with all the retired non-floridians who seem to love mooring 20ft pontoon boats in the middle of the docks.

Stick with Camp Mack or Thomas Landing.

Adam

NRA Life

Return to “Ride The Bus Into 2006”