New Years Eve Run

New Years Eve on the Kissimmee Chain. Make plans here.
jdotson
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby jdotson » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:55 am

All the road crossings are about the same with big rocks and shell that has basically turned to jagged concrete boulders.

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby c chardt » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:12 pm

WE are going to put in at lk cypress and drive the boats over I might have 2-5 boats with me not sure how that ramp is never been there before
www.dakotaairboats.com or 321-863-2312
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

rick
Site Admin

Postby rick » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:22 pm

It's looks like a good ramp to me cchardt. There's also a place to back down & push your boat off on the hill. It's on the right side of the ramp, you'll see it.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:21 pm

CC I have used the push off area it is fine you can leave your trailer in the water and just drive back on when you return. Be careful on the road crossing in the marsh it seems like it is really bad. You may have to,look for another place to cross besides the regular spot if you go through the marsh.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Limey Chris » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:24 pm

I wanna go too. Who`s putting where and when I like Camp Mack(only cos I know how to get back there when I`m left all alone in the marsh) but Grape Hammocks good too. In fact I`d like to put in some where new and ride thry the marsh ain`t never done that.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:56 pm

It'd be nice to see you there Limey. Laura & I hope you make it. We'll be at Thomas Landing around 9ish on Saturday morning. You could meet us there. But after the Toy Run and seeing that nice boat you have, we may have a hard time keeping up with you on the ride to the bus.

Looking forward to riding the marsh too. No road crossing for us though - Unless I can go at it with a pick-n-shovel for a few hours! :P Rocks and stuff like that just don't sound like our hull's idea of fun. Maybe once we get one of those Predator Wide Tracks.

I heard word that a rumor was spreading over at Cracker's about a party @ the bus on New Year's Eve. I think it was suggested to come here to get the details. Hmmm.... Sounds like there's gonna be so many there, that I won't be able to get to sleep by 10 p.m.!!! Dang. :)

No matter how late a night it is, I'm really looking forward to a little sunrise running.

matt.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

bus ride

Postby basketcase0302 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:26 am

Limey Chris,

We'll launch the "basket boat" from Camp Mack around 10 A.M., set-up camp at the bus, then ride to lake Cypress to meet CC and crew. It'll be a good long ride, (not through the marsh).

Basketcase

Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Limey Chris » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:08 am

I`ll be at Camp Mack at 9.30am and stay till about dark.
We`re going to the St Johns on sunday. We`ll be putting somewhere around 50 and going north for a bit. Just generally messing around. If anyone is able to come and even better knows their way around drop me a line or two

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby c chardt » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:20 pm

Can any one look at the road crossing in gardner marsh and let me know before saturday after noon, I like that run i'll have alot of crap in my boat and running all the lakes and canals will be a long ride to the bus.. you get alot better fuel milage running in skinney water so any help would be great even if we have to jump it in a differnt spot will work for me.

I'll be late I don't get off work until 1:00pm on saturday so then it will take me around an hour to a hour and a half to get over to lk cypress.
www.dakotaairboats.com or 321-863-2312
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Postby blackpowderscout » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:59 pm

CC...you'll be fine on that northern crossing. I was there wednesday. It is ugly but not dangerous or anything. Any boat with polymer will be 100% OK in crossing. If anyone has plain slick bottom they just need to pick there line carefully and they'll be fine.

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Postby blackpowderscout » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:30 pm

I took a look at my bottom today after crossing that road on Wednesday...I have a quarter sized chunk of slickbottom torn off from one of those rocks....be careful if you don't have polymer.... :?

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:14 pm

I think No road crossing for the moodmobile. Not till I get to look first hand at it and all.

Hey, here's the link to the big map I made for the October run.

http://homepage.mac.com/moodfood/.Pictu ... ainGPS.jpg

It's a HUGE file. if you are on a modem, go eat dinner while it loads! (20 MB as I recall?)

ANyway, nice map of the area. In the chat it was requested that I post it again.

matt.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

map

Postby basketcase0302 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:53 am

Mood,

Thanks again for the link to the map!

Has anybody verified the GPS numbers for the Cypress Lake RV boat club ramp?

It is a cool map.

Basketcase

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby stan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:32 am

looks like the weather is going to cooperate calling for high of 79 low at 60 no rain.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:17 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE let the next year be a great one for all.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:45 am

Agree cntry - Happy New Year to all!

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Return to “Ride The Bus Into 2006”