United Sportsmen and Airboaters Alliance (USAA) Swap Meet

If so, make plans here.
jerryw
Southern Airboat Member

United Sportsmen and Airboaters Alliance (USAA) Swap Meet

Postby jerryw » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:01 pm

The United Sportsmen and Airboaters Alliance (USAA) in conjunction with the Citrus County Airboaters Alliance (CCAA) are presenting the first annual Airboaters SWAP meet on March 04,2006 at GTO Airboats Complex. The SWAP meet will be from 9:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. The swap meet is for anyone wishing to sell PARTS, eithe airboat or automotive. Contact Keith Sherouse at GTO ( 352-401-9070 or Jerry Wetherington at 352-392-2061 for more information.

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:17 pm

Calling all airboaters and wannabees. Make your plans now to be at GTO airboats on hwy 326 just west of I-75 on March 4th. Bring stuff to trade or sell or come to look at whats available and buy the cool stuff to upgrade your ride. It's setup for the entire family so bring your better half AND the kids.
Aircraft or Automotive, it's all good. If you don't bring your stuff, you and someone who needs it both lose! Somebody NEEDS that part thats been sitting on your shelf collecting dust.
Call Keith to reserve a spot now!

And ride on Sunday at Orange lake, (maybe even on saturday night too). Is this a GREAT place or what?

To all you guys up in the FROZEN north, COME ON DOWN!!! This is what you have been waiting for!!

Lots of nearby hotels etc.

Bob/ swampjet
Another Day in Paradise

rick
Site Admin

Postby rick » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:01 am

Here's the flyer for the Swap Meet:

And here's a link to the full size printable ".pdf": http://www.southernairboat.com/pdf/Swap-Meet-Flyer-2005.pdf

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:31 pm

Thanks Rick for posting that.

To everyone else, Be there or it's your own fault!!
Another Day in Paradise

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:40 am

The swap meet sounds good, and I especially like the sound of riding on Orange Lake that evening and the next day. Are there still sensitivities of the locals about nighttime airboat sound? I'd hate to be part of the cause for a mass complaint that could result in bad stuff for the airboaters who live there. If it's all OK, then I'd love to make a group ride there!

The march monthly ride?

matt.

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby c chardt » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:22 am

can't wait,,, rick we need to post that at the top of the screen so every one will see and show up
www.dakotaairboats.com or 321-863-2312
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:14 am

The SWAP MEET is on saturday march 4th, so a SAO ride on sunday march 5th on Orage Lake/Lake Lockloosa would be fun. Of course anyone who can be there can ride saturday nite too. There are several really good fishcamps on the lakes and on Cross Creek between the lakes. We could meet at Marjory Rawlings State Park and use that as a "base" for lunch and such.

Remember to bring the WHOLE family on this one. There will be stuff for the kids at the SWAP MEET and be able to tour the home of Marjory Rawlings, the author of "The Yearling". Gonna be a GREAT weekend!!

Bob
Another Day in Paradise

Cajun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Cajun » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:56 pm

I'm gonna do my best to be there too. I'll probably have some steering handles, gator hunting equipment, and if I get the time some metal art. Heres a couple of pics if they work out. The coat racks have steel traps and railroad spikes for the coat hangers. Later Cajun

( Gettin Old Ain't For Sissies )
Cajun Built ,Gator Hunt Equipment, Harpoons, Darts & Bangsticks. Also Stop-Loss-Gaffs , Website= http://www.huntfishsupply.com Email= cooters@tampabay.rr.com

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:32 am

Cajun, GREAT stuff! You gotta get it there! All your stuff. Dangit, you are gonna sell a bunch!
Another Day in Paradise

big feather

Postby big feather » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:36 am

I agree Swamp .... I want one of thse coat racks!

Ken

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:49 am

And **** ******* needs the one of the bear with Welcome above it!!! :lol:
Another Day in Paradise

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:34 am

Make it a Florida bear rug.........
PW

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:07 pm

So far it is looking good! We need anyone who is needing sales space (booth) to contact us so we can plan PROPerly. Spaces are still available, but don't wait. Bring your stuff, new or used. If you don't bring it to sell, then someone else goes home empty handed which could be what keeps that person from riding.
Hulls, rigging, props, carbs, headers, handles, decals,nuts and bolts, stuff, stuff, and more stuff. Get it here!
Reserve your space now!
Another Day in Paradise

big feather

Postby big feather » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:14 pm

Swampjet, if somebody doesn't have enough stuff to sell to justify a booth, can they still trade out of the back of their pickup?

Ken

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:26 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure but I'll confer with the others and see what we can do. Maybe a Bubba's corner or something. Maybe put several people together in a space. I'll find out. Besides, you gotta bring your Antique motor pump and let it chug. Bring your son's spare parts, you don't have to tell him :lol: . He don't need those heads anyway!
Another Day in Paradise

big feather

Postby big feather » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:37 pm

OK .... I'm one of them that have a few things to sell, but sure would't need a space all to myself. Please see what can be done with that. I think that requiring a space may keep a lot of folks away that only have a couple of items. I'll be buying a lot more stuff than I'll be selling.

Ken

Cajun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Cajun » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:24 am

I've already sent my $$$$$ for a space and I'm not sure I'll need all of the space, so maybe someone has something can put at my spot with price marked . I'm sure there will be some of us with some space for those who may only have a couple of pieces. I may even bring a boat and leave it hooked up to the truck with a sale sign, not sure yet. Later
Cajun Built ,Gator Hunt Equipment, Harpoons, Darts & Bangsticks. Also Stop-Loss-Gaffs , Website= http://www.huntfishsupply.com Email= cooters@tampabay.rr.com

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:13 am

I've got a small display about the size of a notebook paper made of steel that I attach my magnets on. I was hoping I could snag a few square inches of your table Cajun and selll a few hundred of them. I'll give you a cut of course. I've been selling them on the Matco and Snap-on tool trucks, and I give the driver a cut too.

Looking forward to the event! :)

matt.

Cajun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Cajun » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:03 am

Thats not a problem, your more than welcome to it. See ya there.

Cajun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Cajun » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:59 pm

Are any of the guys in charge of the swap meet on here ( the forum ? ) Wonder if they would let me set up some boiled P-NUTS reg. and cajun ? I guess I'll call them if I can remember to in the day time, I don't think straight till dark. Later, Cajun

P.S.I thought this thread was gonna get a sticky or something so it stays on top so everyone will see it.

big feather

Postby big feather » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:18 pm

Cajun, I LOVE boiled peanuts ...... put me down for at least two big cups of 'em that day.

BF

Cajun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Cajun » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:32 pm

Gotta get permission first, so we'll see. Later

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:54 pm

BE sure and add lots of cayenne to the boil water before ya drop the peanuts in !

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Cajun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Cajun » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:45 pm

Hey Whitebear,
Gotta have that stuff for sure. Heres a tip for some that don't know alot about boiling p-nuts. Once they are done let them soak in some of the p-nut liquor to absorb either the salt or the spice. If you have ever taken p-nuts out of the boiling liquor you will see the hull draw up, well if you leave in some liquor as they cool down they will draw the liquor into the hull. After that no matter if you bring them back to a boil they will have the flavoring in them. The way I do them is after they are done I put them in a cooler with some of the liquor to cool down and then if needed to heat up again , just drop them into some hot liquor and they are flavored and ready for the grubbing. Just alittle info for those who need it. Later Cajun

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:29 pm

Yeh man ! I do em in my crock pot and when they are done I just turn it off and go to bed. Next day I bag em. Usually have to do 3-4 pots full at a time but hey, this is where its at ! I have added a dash of Tony Cacherets too...........grinn

I freeze the pot-liquor after I'm done. It keeps forever, just thaw it and boil more when needed. Just refresh it some now and then.

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Return to “March Meet/Run - Orange Lake??”