May ride

Make plans for the May ride/meet here.

S.A. May 2006 ride

Poll ended at Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:34 am

Cancel/move the ride to a different location
No votes
Keep the S.A. monthly ride on the St. Johns (other launch)
100%

Total votes: 15

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

rain

Postby Ms. Wizard » Sun May 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Mood...does that mean you guys won't be there? Say it ain't so.

dawn :cry:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%$@, she's awake!"

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Sun May 07, 2006 9:02 pm

We're going there no matter what. We're just not bringing the boat.

We'll take our boat to the Jolly Gator for the ride (Sunday?) - Just not to Loughman on Saturday.

Very much looking forward to seeing all you guys again. I'm going for the barefoot record Dawn... So lookout! :D

matt.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Dakota » Sun May 07, 2006 9:23 pm

Where are you guys planning on riding on Sunday? Not sure if we will make that. Don't feel like dragging the boat north 2 days in a row because we are not staying at Loughman, we are driving back home Saturday night.
www.dakotasphotography.com

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby swampjet » Sun May 07, 2006 9:31 pm

The Quiet Airboat Demonstration IS NOT CANCELLED OR POSTPONED. It will go on as planned. That is the OFFICIAL word from FAA.

Bob
Another Day in Paradise

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby basketcase0302 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:31 am

swampjet,

Thank you :)

Basketcase

bravo1218
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby bravo1218 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:37 am

"I"LL BE THERE"
I am planning to be at loughmans on Fri afternoon and staying Fri and Sat nights have to leave to go south Sunday about Noon.
Looking forward to seeing everyone
Tim

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

barefoot

Postby Ms. Wizard » Mon May 08, 2006 8:12 pm

Mood...give it up. I am the queen of bare feet. However, It would be nice to have a fellow foot soldier. 8)

dawn
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%$@, she's awake!"

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 08, 2006 8:23 pm

The plan was to ride Sat and Sun if everyone is up for it.We will have to decide if we want to run The Jolly Gator north to Monroe on Sat or Sun.Thats the question?Doesnt matter to me.Dakota we need to make sure you and Chris are in for Sat ride.I would like to leave around 2:00 or 3:00 if possible on Sat.If there are people leaving early Sun and heading south on 95 maybe Dakota and Chris can hook-up with those guys in Melbourne for a short ride Sun :idea:

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Dakota » Tue May 09, 2006 7:41 am

Well here we are. LOL. Skeeter I will be helping with the event but we are ready to ride anytime. As far as Sunday, I think Jeff and Dawn have twisted our arms and I think we are going to stay at Loughman over night. I am working out the details but I think that is what we are going to do. So I am excited, it is supposed to rain today and tomorrow. What could be better.

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby stan » Tue May 09, 2006 4:26 pm

My tenative plan is to ease down friday evening with my truck camper and my boat in tow and meet up with cntry, however he doesn't know that yet,at loughman lake lodge and stay friday and saturday night . I plan to observe some of the boat demo and then hook up with skeeter and others for the ride from jolly gator thru harney , it is an eccelant ride and should prove to be pleasureable. Things will be added to my agenda as time comes along but for now I'm just just wingin it.

airboat4fun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby airboat4fun » Tue May 09, 2006 6:41 pm

I'm gonna try to make this run and bring a couple friends along. I've got to get the boat put back together and test ride this week.
DON'T FORGET MOTHERS DAY IS THIS SUNDAY
The plan on this end is to get out of S.Fla after work and make it to Loughmans (4.5-5.5 hours) late friday night, take in the "demonstration" and then enjoy the SA ride on Sat, staying over Sat. night, and gonna play it by ear on sunday. I am really looking forward to spending time with "the SA family", taking in some new scenery, and getting some much needed "Airboat Therapy".

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

may ride

Postby basketcase0302 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:20 am

Airboat4fun,

Yeehah! Thought you dropped off the face of the earth.

What happened to the boat?

Basketcase

froggigger1
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby froggigger1 » Thu May 11, 2006 7:55 am

my brother in geneva says some of the roads are being closed in the area due to smoke from fires hope this is not a hindrance.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Dakota » Thu May 11, 2006 10:58 am

Well I live in Brevard and as far as I know the only time they close the roads close to this area is between 5 am-9 am and that is because of the smoke mixed with the fog. The only road they close is 95 and 528. I know they have closed a portion of 95 in Volusia county because of trees being burned and they may fall but it has nothing to do with the area of Loughman. Hopefully more rain will fall the week and next week and cause these fired to go out so we don't have to worry about the smoke.

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Thu May 11, 2006 2:02 pm

Roads in Brevard are know open :D 95 in Volusia from 472 south to 442 closed indefenitly :cry:

airboat4fun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

boat repair

Postby airboat4fun » Fri May 12, 2006 9:42 pm

Hey Basketcase, Thanks for asking about me. I didn't fall into a well or join a cult or turn into a republican or join greenpeace or anything drastic like that. I've just been really busy being my sons father, my wifes husband, my moms son, my bosses employee, a current homeowner, signed a contract to have a new house built in West Palm Beach, and got a new dog.
NOW back to the airboat... a few weeks ago while out in the Glades (about 5 miles from the boat ramp) I had an incident involving the bronze drive gear on my distributor. It wore the teeth clean off and left me stranded, had to call A REAL GOOD FRIEND and he helped push me back to shore. Removed the old distributor and found the bearings inside had worn out and become all sloppy. After replacing the distributor with a new one from MSD things still weren't right. We did a compression and leakdown check and found #8 was a problem. Removed the heads and found a cracked exhaust valve, brought the heads to the machine shop and after further inspection found a couple of exhaust seats were loose. Had the cylinder heads repaired and got a valve job.
Bottom line is a couple hundred dollars, alot of sweat, some blood, and more time later the boat is back together and running. I was able to sneak out the last two nights and test run it. It sure feels good to crank it up, listen to the Big-Block rumble, then put your foot in it and GO.

YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T FORGET SUNDAY IS MOTHERS DAY...
I know we have a few "MOTHERS" out there, enjoy your day.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Fri May 12, 2006 11:45 pm

We're also happy to see you are heading north, Randy. Looking forward to seeing you again. Glad you got out of a sticky situation with only dents in the wallet. Glad you are back on the water. See you there! Congrats on the new house and mom. :P

matt & laura.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

may ride

Postby basketcase0302 » Sun May 14, 2006 6:21 am

Airboat4fun,

Glad to hear you got it runnin' again! How many hours were on it?

After careful observation I've decided that work really sucks!
I'll be retiring soon and let Ms Wizard pay all the bills so I can airboat more than once a month :lol: NOT :(

Really looking forward to the ride!

Basketcase

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Sun May 14, 2006 7:16 am

Thought I let everyone know what I have planned.Sat we can ride either Loughman south by Hatbill and over to BullSh$t Hill and around that area.Since we are not sure exactly how much time we will have,because of the Quiet Airboat deal and all.Then Sunday Im thinking we can meet at Jolly Gator at 10:00am and head north thru Lk Harney up the river with some good stops along the way and stop by Black Hammock Fish Camp (Lk Jessup)for lunch then maybe pop our heads in at Lk Monroe and head back.Im thinking Black Hammock for lunch because of the parking situation at Gator Landing in mouth of Monroe.Anyway thats my :idea:

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

ride

Postby Ms. Wizard » Sun May 14, 2006 7:30 am

Skeeter, thanks for taking charge. We have been looking forward to riding the area for some time. It's good to have a guide. I boxed up the banner for shipping, expect it in plenty of time to proudly park it for the weekend.

We should be arriving at the Chardt ranch Friday afternoon sometime. Yes, they know we are coming! Can't wait to see the SA family!

dawn

airboat4fun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

jeat yet?

Postby airboat4fun » Mon May 15, 2006 7:32 pm

Hey Skeeter and the rest of the SA gang, I am making plans for this weekend and have a couple questions. How are things looking up there as far as the water level? Will we be able to launch the boats from Loughmans and make the SA run over to the Jolly Gator? I have a friend with a DD 350 that doesn't run dry and he would like to know if he can make the run.
If we are gonna take a run after the demo Sat afternoon, will it be into the evening and a night ride too? (I hope so, them are my favorite, I love the swamp at night) If we are gonna be out as a group Saturday night, are we gonna do anything for dinner? I had a real good time (and good food) around the campfire for dinner at the October Run at Milk Bus, many people brought side dishes and everyone ate well before the night ride. Please let me know if I can bring / or do anything special for the group.
If it is going to be every man for himself, I can do that too.

P.S. - Matt & Laura I look forward to seeing you guys too
Basketcase I bought the boat used with 406 hours on it and now the hourmeter shows 817 but after seeing alot of little things that seem kinda strange, I wonder about the true history of my boat.

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Mon May 15, 2006 9:33 pm

I plan riding Sat afternoon from Loughmans and running north,a little ways to show you guys what we have in that area.If your buddy has a DD he can run snake creek if there is water if not he can put in at Hatbill.As for Sun my plan is to trailer to Jolly Gator and leave at 10:00am and run north to Monroe stopping along the way at our normal stops we make and having lunch at Black Hammock Fish Camp.I will be going over there tommorrow to make sure they we accomadate all of us.I was there today looking at the parking situation, we are good there,but the the fish camp was closed so I couldnt talk to anyone.Reason we will be putting in at Jolly Gator is because Im trying to accomadate everyone and fuel would be another problem for everyone running from Loughman to LK Monroe and back.If this seems to be a problem let me know but as for know thats my plan.Seminole County Airboat Club will joining us along with some local buddys of mine hope everyone is still game for Sunday.

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby stan » Mon May 15, 2006 11:10 pm

will be down ther friday maybe 5:30 ,got campsite

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

may ride

Postby basketcase0302 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:50 am

Airboat4fun,

I'll have the boat grill on the boat, (I think they asked to not have grills at Laughmans). Just say the word and we'll also pitch in for a sunset S.A. dinner!

Maybe we can talk Stan and Cntry into bringin' the fryer and the frawg legs :roll:

Please tell Charlie he better come :wink:

Basketcase

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby stan » Tue May 16, 2006 9:20 am

have cordinated with cntry for fryer ,batter, grease ,legs , catfish filets and hush puppies might be able ta supply some gator fish also.

Return to “May Ride/Meet”