June Orange Lake ride

Make plans for June here.
Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:00 pm

Keith yall's hospitality and really nice area will be bringing us back in the fall when it cools down a little.Everyone from Seminole County had a great time. Sorry we had to load and go so quick,we were trying to beat the weather.Orange Lake and Family Traditions will definitely be added to our annual ride schedule.

Bob

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby basketcase0302 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:02 am

Hey ya'll,

Sounds like we missed another awesome monthly ride :cry:
Stan, Can you "mail order" me some of them legs :lol:
Lord willin' we'll see the lake someday.

If anybody here can figure out how to stop the darn grass from growin PLEASE tell me! Maybe some goats :roll:

Basketcase

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby stan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:42 am

No problem basket , I'll ship the legs head on that way you know they'll be fresh just whatch out when you open the box. You'll have ta wait alittle bit though like cntry my stash has to be replenished. While orange lake produced some good frogs , we just coudn't resist seeing how they stacked up against our scramble town frogs,so we sacrificed them to the hot grease and they were gone.
After comparing ,and the results were tallied up, the orange lake frogs beat the scramble town frogs legs down. They were 25% more tender,and ranked about three notches higher on the flavor scale .We did find that that it took more frogs to make a mess and the fact that they were not iced down It took longer to clean them as we had to Knockem in the head to keep them quiet.Cheryl doesn't like hearin em holler if ya know what I mean.
Last edited by stan on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tide Runner
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Tide Runner » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:59 am

I had a great time at Orange lake this past weekend, Sorry I did'nt meet up with any of ya'll. but I was on kind of a little r&r with Su AND THE DOG..
Fishing by daylight then back to the cabin by noon for lunch shower and a nap... wonderful ... out again by about 5 pm more fishing then frogging each night only until about 10:30 so about an hour to an hour and a half and took home 175 pair of frog legs. great lake... this Saturday night I think I will be going to lake Hatchneeha.. and Kissimmee.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:21 am

Tide Runner, how was the fishin? Were you after bass or specks?

Tide Runner
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Tide Runner » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:35 am

The fishing was not that good ... I was'nt after bass or specks, but I did see one guy catch a bass. I was after shellcracker's and blue gill's .. wrong moon, I caught a total of 20 fish 17 lg warmouth very nice, 1 shellcracker, 2 catfish ... which was plenty of fish for me. I had a great time doing it :D
wayne

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39 am

This time of year, go on through Cross Creek from Orange into Lockloosa and fish up on the NW side of that lake. Or you can put in on Lockloosa at the public ramp that you can see from right along Hwy. 301.

Tide Runner
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Tide Runner » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:46 am

thanks for the heads up... I tried Lockloosa a couple of time while I was there I stayed at Twin lakes so I was right there. but I could'nt find any fish, that lake is so clean not much in lily pads and such. I was fishing in the grass around by some long dock that looked like a park .

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:52 am

Yeah, that is a little park .... can't remember the name of it right now.
Catfishin is pretty good all year on Lockloosa. The water is too warm and low now for the perch to be consistant. Bass are where you find 'em.
Early Spring and late Fall both those lakes are excellent for specks.

Tide Runner
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Tide Runner » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 am

Thanks ..... good to know I like it up there :D

Return to “June Ride/Meet”