hunting does in florida

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
floridacrakr0470
Southern Airboat Member

hunting does in florida

Post by floridacrakr0470 »

can somebody explain to me why you cannot legally kill does except for archery season? i just dont get it. almost every other state in the south, you can kill does the entire hunting season. not all of us hunt for horns like they do on tv.

maximum
Southern Airboat Member

Re: hunting does in florida

Post by maximum »

welcome to FL

captrndy
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by captrndy »

There is a doe weekend. Plus if you are hunting private property you can get landowner permits.

floridacrakr0470
Southern Airboat Member

in Georgia, you dont need a permit or a special wknd. in SC, you have to wait about a month after the season starts and buy does tags. you can buy as many as you want. in Al, unless there is a county specific rule, all does all the time. and then we have Flori-duh! just doesnt make sense.

flash
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flash »

Yu don neeed no steenkin purmit, jus do et
Gun control is not about Guns, it's about CONTROL!
USMC---ALWAYS FAITHFUL
'Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither' ...ol BEN

swamp foxx
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swamp foxx »

The FWC doesn't care about the deer herd in the state all they want is your money . Take the ocala national forest between them an the forest service they have turned it into an atv trail an black bear zoo use to see a lot of deer there now all you see are bears everywhere deer population way down an that has really hurt local businesses. They have know deer management program on public lands. In the state of LA you get three buck tags an three doe tags on a five day non-resident license

flash
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flash »

Actually Ocala forest was messed up by the CLINTON administrations mis-guided green crap....they banned all logging on Fed National forest lands and the mono-forests like Ocala suffered greatly.

Ocala NF interior is mainly Sand pine and with-out regular clearcutting in rotating over-lapping zones, the mature pines choke out all undergrowth, leaving little food for deer.
Long edge CC began again after Clinton left office and the GFC says deer pop is improving.

In the 80's Ocala had an excellent deer pop, and they were the smartest on earth due to intense hunting pressure.

And Ocala & Osceola Nat forests became the release areas for all the nuisance bears when bear hunting ended in N Fla.
USMC---ALWAYS FAITHFUL

K-mac
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by K-mac »

floridacrakr0470 wrote:in Georgia, you dont need a permit or a special wknd. in SC, you have to wait about a month after the season starts and buy does tags. you can buy as many as you want. in Al, unless there is a county specific rule, all does all the time. and then we have Flori-duh! just doesnt make sense.
The hiway to all these other great places runs both ways, and if Flori-DUH sux so bad
then you might want to take one. I'm sure they have room, and we really dont need
anymore people running down our state. Man you sure don't sound like a Florida Cracker. :scratch:
If the south would'a won we'da had it made!

keebo
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by keebo »

floridacrakr0470 wrote:in Georgia, you dont need a permit or a special wknd. in SC, you have to wait about a month after the season starts and buy does tags. you can buy as many as you want. in Al, unless there is a county specific rule, all does all the time. and then we have Flori-duh! just doesnt make sense.
For archery or muzzle loader you don't, dates are set aside for (either sex) or does by Northern or Southern region in Georgia for general gun. Ya might wanna check it out, then again there's the old (If it's brown it's down theory)

From Georgia wildlife site-----Antlers
It is unlawful to kill a deer unless it has antlers (bone) visible above the hair, except during either-sex or antlerless seasons or hunts.
Last edited by keebo on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sure you can Trust our government, just ask an Indian

:old_glory: :florida: :GA:

swamp foxx
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swamp foxx »

I remember back in the 60s would see deer till you got tired of counting no clear cuts then clear cuts now was just up there TO MANY BEARS for the habitat!!!!!!!! Family has had camp in hog valley since 59 I've been hunting there 50yrs

flash
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flash »

We had a cabin in Hog Valley on the Rodman res, the Bass fishing was WORLD CLASS; Don't know about the fishery nowX
USMC---ALWAYS FAITHFUL

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

hunting does in florida

Post by Comanche-pup »

flash wrote:We had a cabin in Hog Valley on the Rodman res, the Bass fishing was WORLD CLASS; Don't know about the fishery nowX
still pretty good fishing, choked pretty heavy with grass and water lettuce
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350166184.425909.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350166184.425909.jpg (157.17 KiB) Viewed 2777 times
This is a pic two weeks ago between kenwood and orange springs

flash
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flash »

DAM, Thats some extensive lettuce, where' the spray boat....It used to have a lot of hydrilla, duck and bass heaven
USMC---ALWAYS FAITHFUL

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

hunting does in florida

Post by Comanche-pup »

Not a whole lot of hydrilla, I think it is getting choked by the lettuce, the last draw down failed them, the weeds come back with vengeance

woodwagon
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by woodwagon »

Yeah we didnt have a strong enough winter to kill the lettuce this draw down. But i filled my freezer with big speck and fat warmouth. The bass fishing is killer right now in the stump field. As for the ocala national forest.... too many bear not enough deer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
When in doubt, throttle out!

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

floridacrakr0470 wrote:can somebody explain to me why you cannot legally kill does except for archery season? i just dont get it. almost every other state in the south, you can kill does the entire hunting season. not all of us hunt for horns like they do on tv.
Does make babies of which about 50% are bucks for future hunting. A buck can service a heard of does and keep them happy. Doesn't take a real high buck ratio to keep a healthy population of deer. I imagion they feel the population is high enough to give the bow hunters a break and let them shoot bambi, since it is a bit more difficult to get close to them with a bow.

I'm surprised that with all the bear you are talking about, more of you arn't shooting bear. Bear up here is teriffic eating, but maybe they have a different diet down there that keeps them from tasting as good. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

woodwagon
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by woodwagon »

akblackdawg wrote:
floridacrakr0470 wrote:can somebody explain to me why you cannot legally kill does except for archery season? i just dont get it. almost every other state in the south, you can kill does the entire hunting season. not all of us hunt for horns like they do on tv.
Does make babies of which about 50% are bucks for future hunting. A buck can service a heard of does and keep them happy. Doesn't take a real high buck ratio to keep a healthy population of deer. I imagion they feel the population is high enough to give the bow hunters a break and let them shoot bambi, since it is a bit more difficult to get close to them with a bow.

I'm surprised that with all the bear you are talking about, more of you arn't shooting bear. Bear up here is teriffic eating, but maybe they have a different diet down there that keeps them from tasting as good. Bud
U gotta look at it this way. If a buck dosnt have to search for a doe to breed he continually breeds the same doe and her offspring (which are his offspring as well) year after year. Im not a biologist but i believe this inner breeding cant be healthy for the population. Other states like georgia that let u shoot a number of does throughout the season ( it use to be 10 does per hunter in georgia) have a much larger and healthier deer herd as well as a stronger rut. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
When in doubt, throttle out!

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger »

akblackdawg wrote:

Bear are protected. Not allowed to shoot them either.

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD »

akblackdawg,
Quote:

LOL I wish! the animal rights folks got no bear hunting passed years ago. FWC is not a very strong agency.

If you kill a bear in Florida you get the Electric Chair! Ha HA Ha
If its self defense you get Life with a chance of parole after 20 years.

floridacrakr0470
Southern Airboat Member

[quote="K-mac"][quote="floridacrakr0470"]in Georgia, you dont need a permit or a special wknd. in SC, you have to wait about a month after the season starts and buy does tags. you can buy as many as you want. in Al, unless there is a county specific rule, all does all the time. and then we have[color=#FF0000] Flori-duh![/color] just doesnt make sense.[/quote]
The hiway to all these other great places runs both ways, and if Flori-DUH sux so bad
then you might want to take one. I'm sure they have room, and we really dont need
anymore people running down our state. Man you sure don't sound like a Florida Cracker. :scratch:[/quote]

hey genius, show me where i said florida sucks? i asked why, we cant kill does in other seasons besides archery. and where did i say that all those other states are great? i understand you probably cant help being an idiot, but please keep your ignorance from my thread and save it for your inbreeding sessions. thanks and have a good day.
:D

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by yobee »

I thought you could kill does during muzzleloader? I don't hunt it so I dont know, but there is a doe week during gun season. Kill two a day, that will fill a freezer quick.
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

flash
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flash »

:lol: :lol: GobD always makes my day, he's the one U want at the poker table!
Last edited by flash on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USMC---ALWAYS FAITHFUL

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD »

yobee wrote:I thought you could kill does during muzzleloader? I don't hunt it so I dont know, but there is a doe week during gun season. Kill two a day, that will fill a freezer quick.
You better read the bag limits and season dates section in the FWC rules and regulations. QUIT REFERRING TO THE CRACKER HEARSAY HANDBOOK!! :mrgreen:

Answer is NO!

floridacrakr0470
Southern Airboat Member

doe week during general gun is only on private land. im not sure about during muzzloading since i dont hunt that. im pretty sure you cant, but i could be wrong

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

AirRanger wrote:
akblackdawg wrote:

Bear are protected. Not allowed to shoot them either.
You need a few people mauled by bears un florida and they will open it back up. Of course I don't want to be one of those people who get mauled. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”