Bull Frogs servived thieir fasting

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Bull Frogs servived thieir fasting

Post by newoldglory »

In the spring, sex comes first. The frogs go into hiding to have sex. Most of them are like us and do not do "IT" in the open for ALL to see. It's not that they are shy. Mother Nature tells them that they need thick cover to lay their eggs so that the young will have the best chance at survival from preditors. (that leaves me out at that stage) :blackeye: Then comes the rest period, (you know, AFTER a full night of hot sex). Then comes the honey moon. 8) They want their privacy (especially the blushing bride). By then the summer is in full swing. I've heard OLd Timmers say that it's the hottest summer that they can remember but the young people are staying in the A/C watching TV. :violent1: (ooopppss) there I go again, drifting off the subject. Here comes the trolls :roll: ) It WAS a hot summer and the water temperature got very high, even with the deep water provided by SFWM. :banghead: (Darn, I did it again :oops: ) The frogs AND gators stayed down in the cooler bottom and was seldom seen. The temps have now dropped to an acceptable level and life will once again return to a desirable level for humans and animals. :thumbleft: That's good for me and bad for frogs. :D In my defense, it breaks down to survival within the food chain. :toothy7: (I would like to think that I am at the top, but that is a false pretense and is another story). (OOOPPS, I keep forgetting that the TROLL REGULATORS are watching me). :oops: (I just had a horrible thought, The TROLL REGULATORS may be working for obamma, dam, I AM doomed :shock: ) ---EEERRRR_---now I forgot why I started this thread. :scratch: I DO know that it had something to do with sex and food! ( I can't help but wonder if there is a difference). :dontknow: I do believe that a man CAN live on a "FINE" lady. (OOOPs, did it again).
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Daniel Altman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Bull Frogs servived thieir fasting

Post by Daniel Altman »

LOL!! You crack me up Mr. Gerald! Sure wish I had time off to go and get some of those frogs myself!
10' Thurman copy, O-320, WW Cypress, BRAB 51 & RRAA 15

"You can't tourniquet the taint!" Archer

Blownaway540
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Bull Frogs servived thieir fasting

Post by Blownaway540 »

I am always learning or laughing at your posts, thanks. You and the "old timers" are right - hottest in many years- this last summer brought to mind working construction in the early seventies, hot as all get out and then a light rain early afternoon. I think we are in for a cold winter w/freezes here in central fl. like we used to have.
IGSO 0540 (W/out IG) built by the late, great, Dick Hoffman, 13 ft. Alumitech. Member - CRA, KRVSA

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”