I wonder if you can hunt on this land!!

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

I wonder if you can hunt on this land!!

Post by SteveReid » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:31 am

adl
Southern Airboat Member

Re: I wonder if you can hunt on this land!!

Post by adl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:15 pm

You can hunt Mormon land if you have enough money.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:14 pm

yep they sell hunting club leases/memberships .. and there is always the back gate low light method .. LOL but there are some who can tell you first hand that getting caught is usually a very bad azzwhoopin and possibly a trip to jail ,,,
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:00 pm

The bad part of the deal that St Joe already leases their land for hunting, price will go up and membership will change. time will tell what they plan on doing...................................

Last week, Gov. Rick Scott signed an executive order that created the East Central Florida Corridor Task Force to plan for roads, development and environmental protection in an area dominated by Deseret Ranches.
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

Duck killer90
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Duck killer90 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Some Mormon clubs cost close to $7,000 a year but have really big dear on them for Florida.

midnight rider
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by midnight rider » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:05 pm

$7,000. Almost as much as a Lykes
Bros lease.

apache220
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by apache220 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 am

Duck killer90 wrote:Some Mormon clubs cost close to $7,000 a year but have really big dear on them for Florida.
There are a couple more than that a friend of mine paid $8500.There is on that is up around 12 or 14 thousand but its all REALLY BIG DEER.You get tags and are limited on size and how many you can kill.
13'6" apache with 220
volusia county sportsmans conservation association
MEMBER United Sportsman for Traditional Heritage

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:24 pm

apache220 wrote:
Duck killer90 wrote:Some Mormon clubs cost close to $7,000 a year but have really big dear on them for Florida.
There are a couple more than that a friend of mine paid $8500.There is on that is up around 12 or 14 thousand but its all REALLY BIG DEER.You get tags and are limited on size and how many you can kill.
I can afford to pay that kind of money and please don't I'm bragging, that's not the point of me saying I can. My point is, if people keep paying that kind of money for hunting it will go even higher and will keep younger and hard working people from being able to hunt. For that kind of money I would go to Co. or Wy. and hunt bigger game for a month. I will add it make no sense either.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:31 pm

You don't have to go that far Steve. There are monster deer in Alabama for a fraction of that price.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 pm

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

BUSHHOG85
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by BUSHHOG85 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Convenience is a factor on the deseret leases. To be able to get a chance at good bucks,shoot some does, hog hunt year round and turkey hunt and fish and have a camp 30 minutes from the house would be awesome. Maybe one day lol.
SC 480 13x7'6 HAMANT
520 13' RICOCHET

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 pm

digginfool wrote:Image

Yep I know that and Alabama has very good hunting. I can go to back home to Kentucky and hunt for a month for nothing. If a Elk wonders by I can take him also. They want to keep the Elk in the Mountains, if they migrate out and you have a tag you can take either sex. I don't blame anyone for paying to hunt, it works out to the good for the hunter and the land owner. I just put a personal limit to what I think its worth, JMO. Digging Y'all still coming up this weekend? By the way, nice deer.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 pm

Not sure. I have another tear in my poly. I have to lift tge boay off the trailer to see how bad it is but doesn't look good. I fought the boat half the day on Sunday and didn't understand what was going on until I got it back on the trailer.

smessler34
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by smessler34 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:42 pm

that extra brow tine sure is sweet! awsome buck friend

JohnE
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JohnE » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:08 pm

BUSHHOG85 wrote:Convenience is a factor on the deseret leases. To be able to get a chance at good bucks,shoot some does, hog hunt year round and turkey hunt and fish and have a camp 30 minutes from the house would be awesome. Maybe one day lol.
You can't hog hunt year round, you have to be at camp 30 minutes after dark, LOTS of rules

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:29 pm

cntry141iq wrote:yep they sell hunting club leases/memberships .. and there is always the back gate low light method .. LOL but there are some who can tell you first hand that getting caught is usually a very bad azzwhoopin and possibly a trip to jail ,,,
They busted 156 armed trespassers last year they have security cameras. For 8500 a year i buy new toys and hunt public land.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 am

terrible ted wrote:
cntry141iq wrote:yep they sell hunting club leases/memberships .. and there is always the back gate low light method .. LOL but there are some who can tell you first hand that getting caught is usually a very bad azzwhoopin and possibly a trip to jail ,,,
They busted 156 armed trespassers last year they have security cameras. For 8500 a year i buy new toys and hunt public land.
damn sure got that right.
I won't pay a thousand let alone 7 or 8.
would't it be cheaper to convert????????????? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
back in the 70's my best friend I went to high school with was a mormon, and invited me down several times to hunt.
never took him up on it tho. verry-verry strange people, nice but strange.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

GeeLeDouche
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GeeLeDouche » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 pm

scrambletown wrote:
terrible ted wrote:
damn sure got that right.
I won't pay a thousand let alone 7 or 8.
would't it be cheaper to convert????????????? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
back in the 70's my best friend I went to high school with was a mormon, and invited me down several times to hunt.
never took him up on it tho. verry-verry strange people, nice but strange.
I was Mormon for a long time (I even served a Mormon mission in Florida for 2 years in my younger years..) They don't get any special treatment or access that anyone else who isn't Mormon may get. And your absolutely right, some of them are extremely strange. But,, just like any group of people, you can always pick out a few looneys. For the most part, they are a very hard working, generous people and pleasant to be around.
16x8 Utah style hull With a Waterthunder motor W/ 2.3 CH3 reduction swinging a 3 blade 78" R.
&
17-51 Legend craft w/pods pushed by a MB HD7000

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”