Panther attack

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
radialman66
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Panther attack

Post by radialman66 »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/environmen ... er/2174401

Panther attacked turkey hunter. Two miles from my house. :shock:
"let us cross over the river and rest in the shade of the trees" General Stonewall Jacksons last words.

KRVSA member.

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Panther attack

Post by dougeey »

We have had a black one hanging around for about two years game and fish said it has to start kill livestock before they or us can kill it . They had a 1000.00 reward last year for proof of it after 10 or 15 game cam. Pics. They drop the offer. We are in so. Alabama. Thanks Doug

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

dougeey wrote:We have had a black one hanging around for about two years game and fish said it has to start kill livestock before they or us can kill it . They had a 1000.00 reward last year for proof of it after 10 or 15 game cam. Pics. They drop the offer. We are in so. Alabama. Thanks Doug
My mother told Alabama Wildlife about seeing a black panther cross 29 about ten years ago. Initially, they told her it had to be a dog she saw but the officer that works Gantt Lake talked to her about it one day while parked at my mom's and said there had been rumors for years in that area. After they talked about it for a while, he got in the car with her and she drove him to the spot that she saw it. He walked around looking for tracks but it had been a couple of weeks since she had seen it. Didn't find anything but he was convinced she had seen one.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

darrell
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by darrell »

Pretty sure I seen one in gardners marsh a few years ago during archery he saw me about the same time I saw him we both stopped and stared at each other for about 5seconds felt like minutes he turned and walked off and I went the opposite way damn near had to change pants
if you argue with an idiot who is the real idiot
12x7 traditions hull Moore built av540 74" ww

Oleboy87
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Oleboy87 »

I hunt In South Carolina and we had several of the lease members say they seen a panther on one of the properties last season. The warden up there said it would be the first one documented in the area if we could get it on camera.

Oleboy87
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Oleboy87 »

darrell wrote:Pretty sure I seen one in gardners marsh a few years ago during archery he saw me about the same time I saw him we both stopped and stared at each other for about 5seconds felt like minutes he turned and walked off and I went the opposite way damn near had to change pants
Ive heard a few people say they have seen one in the area out
there.

STINGER477
Southern Airboat Member

Post by STINGER477 »

Attachments
Taken in South Carolina
Taken in South Carolina
tn.jpg (2.08 KiB) Viewed 1480 times

Oleboy87
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Oleboy87 »

Man I hate to see that, but it is a cool picture!

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by dougeey »

digginfool wrote:
dougeey wrote:We have had a black one hanging around for about two years game and fish said it has to start kill livestock before they or us can kill it . They had a 1000.00 reward last year for proof of it after 10 or 15 game cam. Pics. They drop the offer. We are in so. Alabama. Thanks Doug
My mother told Alabama Wildlife about seeing a black panther cross 29 about ten years ago. Initially, they told her it had to be a dog she saw but the officer that works Gantt Lake talked to her about it one day while parked at my mom's and said there had been rumors for years in that area. After they talked about it for a while, he got in the car with her and she drove him to the spot that she saw it. He walked around looking for tracks but it had been a couple of weeks since she had seen it. Didn't find anything but he was convinced she had seen one.
We have seen this one and the game wardens said it was just passing though from Ga. I have not lost any livestock since I turned the dogs loose they keep the coyotes away too. Thanks, Doug

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”