Last Chance Alligator Permit

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Last Chance Alligator Permit

Post by digginfool »

What a farce. Can't even log onto FWC. I guess I'll have to wait until next year.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

norge1956
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Last Chance Alligator Permit

Post by norge1956 »

digginfool wrote:What a farce. Can't even log onto FWC. I guess I'll have to wait until next year.
Sitting for 12 mins, not able to get in..

Finally got in, almost all gone. I picked 2 and went right to credit card and stated they were gone.

Only county permits left.
Last edited by norge1956 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
BERSERKIR (most fearsome and fearless of warriors)

8X16 Diamondback 454 w/Stinger and Water Walker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJXCcfRo0U

MMSI # 338163832

PM
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by PM »

Once again the state sucks! 17 minutes to get in and what I was looking for is gone!
15' Rivermaster (Hoffman)

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

PM wrote:Once again the state sucks! 17 minutes to get in and what I was looking for is gone!
Same for me. Should have used the telephone. There's still permits for Lake Hatchineha but even though I own property up that way, I can't say I've ever seen any gators worth a darn on that Lake.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

MonsterMudfish
Southern Airboat Member

Post by MonsterMudfish »

Site freezes every year.... took 18 minutes to get to check out aaannnnndddd their gone.....

Dam swamp people wannabes.... never used to be this tough to get tags....
KCCO

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

They need to stop doing out of state folks and giving so many to the charter or trophy hunt people.. Those tags should sell after all the florida residents that want tags have them. If there is none left, tough luck.
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

chevy01
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chevy01 »

digginfool wrote:
PM wrote:Once again the state sucks! 17 minutes to get in and what I was looking for is gone!
Same for me. Should have used the telephone. There's still permits for Lake Hatchineha but even though I own property up that way, I can't say I've ever seen any gators worth a darn on that Lake.

I pulled a 11'6 out of there last year
11'6 bigbad custom lycoming 0340 straight valve

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

Here is the real farce there was permits left for places I had applied for twice, once round again in round two. They should rerun round one applicants who did not receive a chance to buy before the run round 2. Its for the best any way I need to save my money for my new septic system.

chevy01
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chevy01 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15footlarry
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 15footlarry »

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! - took me 15 minutes to get in as well and like everyone else, all gone! Went to the online chat help line to ask what the issue was and the answer I got was "there were over 10,000 people trying to login at the same time". "Simply amazing" I said. "this was the same thing that happened last year and based on the number of applicants this year were you NOT expecting the same thing to happen?" - got no response.........UNBELIEVABLE I say!!!
15' Cottonmouth w/Lycoming o540

Snyder61
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Snyder61 »

Hi guys my names david and I'm new to this site.my girlfriend has been wanting to kill a gator for a long time now and we finally got a permit this morning. We are from Pennsylvania but now live in north naples. We got a permit for lee county. We are new to this and just wondering what size of gator can we expect to kill and any public areas that would be worth checking out? I really appreciate any information you guys can provide. Here's a couple pictures from her recent kills/catchesImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Last edited by Snyder61 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger »

:) wrote:They need to stop doing out of state folks and giving so many to the charter or trophy hunt people.. Those tags should sell after all the florida residents that want tags have them. If there is none left, tough luck.
I am friends with several charter Capts., some of which are respected members of SA. They obtain tags just like anyone else. They are not given any tags under the table so to speak. Many of them will apply with family and friends names but any of us can and do that as well to slightly increase odds of being picked.

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

AirRanger wrote:
:) wrote:They need to stop doing out of state folks and giving so many to the charter or trophy hunt people.. Those tags should sell after all the florida residents that want tags have them. If there is none left, tough luck.
I am friends with several charter Capts., some of which are respected members of SA. They obtain tags just like anyone else. They are not given any tags under the table so to speak. Many of them will apply with family and friends names but any of us can and do that as well to slightly increase odds of being picked.
I know they don't get freebies but I was under the impression that they get much more than the 2 tags normal folks get or they couldn't do very many charters. And I don't want anyone thing I'm making a stab at anyone.
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

This may be off topic but why is it that the people on swamp people have 2-300 tags or better? Do they have that many more gators than florida or just no one wants to hunt them?

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Comanche-pup »

Whole different world in La, they lease the Area and get all the tags with that given area

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

chevy01 wrote:Image

Damn! Guess I should have taken one of those Hatchineha permits. :lol:

CJB0470
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by CJB0470 »

I tried for some more Okeechobee tags and some Blue Cypress Lake tags. Scored some Lake Hatch tags after seeing this picture I'm kind of happy I did!!! :florida: 8)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest"
-Mark Twain

chevy01
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chevy01 »

It's a hard hunt just gotta know were to go

rudee116
Southern Airboat Member

Post by rudee116 »

Such a joke! Just sent emails to the commissioners and the Executive Directors so that they can wipe their asses with my words. I'm tired of the incompetence that these jokers think is cute.
14' Don Davis w/ Upstack 0-540

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. — Benjamin Franklin

chevy01
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chevy01 »

:fishing
Attachments
gator 4.jpg

CJB0470
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by CJB0470 »

That's funny Chevy, how big was that alligator? :lol:
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest"
-Mark Twain

chevy01
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by chevy01 »

the bigger one was 11'6 caught on lake hatch last year the smaller one was 7'5 i think. it didnt matter after we caught that big one any way lol he actually almost sank us we had a 15' alumicraft with mudbuddy on it and he bit the boat and put a hole in the bottom had to bail water out while trying to plug the hole with the gator tied to the side of the boat idling across hatch till we got to b/s hill so we could figure out are situation

wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wildcard »

stop buying permits let bunny huggers have them kill what you want I do make more money :lol: :fishing :stirpot: :violent1: :rebel: :rebel:

pondlizard
Southern Airboat Member

Post by pondlizard »

Next year be at the tag office at 7:30. Quit trashing the system. A lot of people wants them tags.

Crown Royal
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Crown Royal »

pondlizard wrote:Next year be at the tag office at 7:30. Quit trashing the system. A lot of people wants them tags.
Really the system is Broke they need to revamp it Why should we have to apply 3 times when they could use the ones not picked in first round and pick from those for second round and so on till there gone. JMO. :slap: :violent1: :evil: :stirpot:
http://www.altmansac.com/

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE

Proud member of OUTLAWAIRBOATCLUB.COM

SOUTHERN OUTLAW

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”