Results of the Deer Mangement Survey

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Results of the Deer Mangement Survey

Post by gblack15 »

If any of you have not read the results they are posted here "http://myfwc.com/media/2844800/FWC%20-Z ... h-2014.pdf" very disturbing how little participation we had in the state with only 550 hunters responding and almost no one showed up at the meetings. Once again lot of people complain but given the opportunity to make a difference we sit on our Laurels and wait for someone else to do it.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Results of the Deer Mangement Survey

Post by terrible ted »

Most of the time meeting are during work hours. Most of the hunters I know cant or wont take a day off for that.

I have participated in some but it does feel as if they don't care what we think.

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe »

I just read the survey results. Thanks, great info.

I think they don't care what we say because we are morons! The majority of people said there aren't enough deer. The majority of people also said they want to be able to shoot more does. Then the majority of people said they want the deer managed for bigger bucks, but also that they don't want restrictions, only "voluntary" actions.

??????????? :banghead: ??????????????

You can't have more deer by shooting more does, and you can't have more bigger bucks without restrictions. Seems like we as a group don't make sense!!!

The only thing we agree on(according to the survey results) is a 2 deer bag limit. Of course, that will be hard to implement without a restriction, so we are back where we started!

I wouldn't listen to us either!!!
Mark 7:9

gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gblack15 »

Going to be tough hunting this year and maybe next but the antler restrictions should help the Bucks get bigger

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe »

They have tried implemting antler restrictions selectively already. It takes 2 years and then the harvest numbers go back to the same but with better quality.
Mark 7:9

hogdoggin
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by hogdoggin »

Little off-topic but do any of you know if their is a doe week On the river the way I read it seems as if it's only on private property now?

Hardtail
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Hardtail »

gblack15 wrote:If any of you have not read the results they are posted here "http://myfwc.com/media/2844800/FWC%20-Z ... h-2014.pdf" very disturbing how little participation we had in the state with only 550 hunters responding and almost no one showed up at the meetings. Once again lot of people complain but given the opportunity to make a difference we sit on our Laurels and wait for someone else to do it.
gblack15,
This is one of the topics brought up at this last Sportsmans meeting, It is thought by some that the Panthers and Pythons are taking too many Fawns and not letting the herd grow,
so inbreeding is happening, one guy brought some defective deer horns to show, looked very disturbing to me, We got the Panther Lovers that are creating an imbalance, and the
NPS protecting the Python, this is a losing battle, which will take many decades to play out, I've seen it happen in another State, this is how I know, when you got people playing with nature bad things will happen, If we could get enough people to come to the meetings, write letters, write e-mail to the congressman (woman) it could change, maybe too late already, so the Predators will just have to eat everything and then starve out for the cycle to start over again, this takes Decades to play out, and in the Everglades IMO could take Many Decades for
nature to recover enough to Hunt again. It is also possible the deer herd will need to be restarted again like the Panther was, not even the same cat but a cross bred Super Cat.

RDH0540
Southern Airboat Member

Post by RDH0540 »

hogdoggin wrote:Little off-topic but do any of you know if their is a doe week On the river the way I read it seems as if it's only on private property now?

The state took our doe week away on public and private lands! Only exception would be if you own a large parcel of land and applied for "doe permits".
Randy Hodges
RDH Airparts & Fabrication LLC.
Fort Myers, Florida
(239) 872-0772
"Pround Member"
KRVSA
Palm Beach hull with air ride pushed by a Lycoming 300!

hogdoggin
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by hogdoggin »

Thanks for the info..

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”