West Coast Fishing

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Re: West Coast Fishing

Post by One Eyed Gator » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:01 am

Yes, other ramp is the Wacasassa fishing club they keep live bait, fuel and a few drinks. You also get bait at the BP station.

Guy I work for owns the fishing club. A lot of things have change and cleaned up there.

Fished friday night for a few hour caught 2 nice trout 18 and 22". Up early and left at 1st light went north. At low tide there was no water for almost 1/2 milehad out going tide and offshore 20mph wind. Went way and around all the bar to get to the next creek was tough on the poly. Caught a lot of mid slot fish had limit by 9:00 and caught to nice 15" flounder. Got back had to let off my buddy and turn around and go back to west pass to jump start members boat. They said 7 people rode by and no one stopped, guys wife waving a jacket. Just amazing sometimes, he had cable too.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:44 am

One Eyed Gator wrote: . . . Got back had to let off my buddy and turn around and go back to west pass to jump start members boat. They said 7 people rode by and no one stopped, guys wife waving a jacket. Just amazing sometimes, he had cable too.
:shock: Absolutley, unfrickinbelievable :!: :shock: Acting like that ought to be illegal.

I grew up on the saltwater (in a different time, evidently), so that just boggles my mind. :banghead:
If someone was waving like that, I wouldn't pass them if they
were on the river and 1/4 mile upstream from the boat ramp. :roll:

God Bless ya, Mike. :thumbleft:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:46 am

I have had way to many people have gone out of there way to help me, No way I leaving someone out there.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:52 am

You and me both, brother.
Maybe those other folks will view things differently after they spend the
night out of supplies and hoping their anchor doesn't slip on an outgoing tide. :dontknow:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”