game camera card reader

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

game camera card reader

Post by diamondback0320 »

trying to find a card reader compatible with my lg k7 Android phone.. cameras I'm using are browning strike force..i see alot online for androids etc but getting a lot of mixed reviews good & bad..i know i can buy readers from bass pro etc but got a lot of mixed ron those too..looking for 1 for my phone just don't want to end up in same situation as some people..buying a product & it not work

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: game camera card reader

Post by radtech »

Does yours use the regular SD card or the micro SD that fits into a SD card? My cam uses the SD card, so I just bought a micro 32 MB card that had an SD with it. Just pull the micro card out and slip in your droid and look at the pics all you want

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger »

It appears that the Strike Force uses an SD card. Most phones and tablets use Micro SD. I know it is common for Micro SD cards to come with the larger SD adapter. You may try one of those vs. a standard SD card. You would place the Micro into the SD adapter, record from the trail cam. Then remove the SD adapter from the trailcam, remove the Micro from the SD adapter and place the micro SD directly into the phone. I have neither of these but just using a what fits what breakdown.

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Post by OneBFC »

These things are made by so many companies that it's nearly impossible to recommend any one product.

To get you started though:

Transcend USB 2.0 OTG Card Reader, Black (TS-RDP9K)
https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Card-R ... B00KOJCKVY
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,85+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

JBaker 1203
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JBaker 1203 »

diamondback0320 wrote:trying to find a card reader compatible with my lg k7 Android phone.. cameras I'm using are browning strike force..i see alot online for androids etc but getting a lot of mixed reviews good & bad..i know i can buy readers from bass pro etc but got a lot of mixed ron those too..looking for 1 for my phone just don't want to end up in same situation as some people..buying a product & it not work

My son has the browning cameras and a couple other types. He found a reader at Walmart that plugs into his IPhone and reads the pictures just fine. I'd think they'd have one for your Droid as well

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

my camera uses the regular sd card & phone has the micro sd card

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger »

diamondback0320 wrote:my camera uses the regular sd card & phone has the micro sd card
Then the first two replies should solve your issue.

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

anyone have a picture of this adapter..i looked online & from what i found will not work..the adapters i seen will not fit inside the door on the camera where the card goes..is it like a piggyback adapter..i called browning & they don't have a recommendation either..saying some readers will screw up the camera..go figure.. thanks for all the replies tho

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

diamondback0320 to save you the headache & aggrevation, send me the coordinates of your cameras and I will be glad to visit each one and download the pictures. :toothy7:
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger »

Riverskimmer
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Riverskimmer »

I purchased a card reader for my Galaxy s7 at Academy and it works great. I think it was cost around $10.00

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by radtech »

diamondback0320 wrote:my camera uses the regular sd card & phone has the micro sd card
Yep, buy the 32 Gb (I assume it is the max it will use as is mine) It is a micro SD that comes with the SD adapter. Pull it out and plug directly into your phone and no problem. I do it all the time with mine. Can erase or save pics to phone as you wish. No need to spend the extra on a reader

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

thanks guys..gonna buy an adapter & give that a try

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

ok.. the card adapter worked..kind of a pain having to turn off phone take it apart & all but better than having to wait until I get home to computer.. apparently my phone doesn't support the otg card readers.. guess you gotta buy a $400 phone fer that lol.. thanks for all the replies

OneBFC
Southern Airboat Member

Post by OneBFC »

If you buy one like I linked earlier, you don't have to take your phone apart. You just plug it into the micro usb port. That is the same port your charging cable uses.
-Russ
-----------------------------------
The only thing stopping you is FEAR
400+hp Ecotec, 12x7.6 DBDO, 80" 3B Maximus, 2.3 OX,85+mph, water = purely optional
Life begins at 2 BAR, Just a good ole boy

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

i was gonna go that route bud but after researching the capability of the transcend it's not showing my phone so don't think it'll work

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”