Head light

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Head light

Post by newoldglory »

What is you're favorite frog light? I'm not familiar with them all but mine has been the LEDLENSOR H14 R. I'm not old enough to have used the cobalt nor the Lighter knot pine head lamp but I have used many versions through out the years. A new one is out, 2 versions, H14R-2 and 7229 h14r-2. I ordered both to see if there is a difference. Both are better range for sure but is it for real? I will find out soon.

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Head light

Post by jopete »

I put one of these on a bump cap. I ziptie the battery to the back of the bump cap.

has 4 brightness settings. I frog on the dimmer settings. it's bright and shines far.

I've bought a bunch of lights, I like this one.

it will run all night and still have some charge, and not weigh your head down like a hardhat light does. plus it is cord free, meaning u can jump out the boat on them hard to reach frogs.

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-80000Lux- ... ting+light

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid »

Gerald, I bought that light over 2 years ago and you used it one night and you didn't like it. You went back to the one I gave you( H7R 2) that night but I think you didn't have it in the right mode. I still use it and like it. When I gator hunted this year and 2 years ago, I've spotted 5 gators that was put on the boat with it. The batteries suck, they died and I put 4 rechargeable AA's in it. Order you some good rechargeable batteries and a charger because they won't charge in the light like the factory ones do. I've never had to replace the batteries while I'm out but I pack 4 for a backup. I hope you picked the 850 or1000 lumens!!

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-High- ... SwKtlWhHfK

These cheap lights work pretty good I have several of them for frogging. They are just a high power bicycle light.

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat »

The GE 4509 bulb has served me fine thus far. Keep a spare on hand. They go out unexpectedly.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S »

And they go out at the wrong times. Like when your busting thru grass to get to a new slew, or running down a mud canal.But I keep going back to them.

mbwilsonjr
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by mbwilsonjr »

glades cat wrote:The GE 4509 bulb has served me fine thus far. Keep a spare on hand. They go out unexpectedly.
Try a Q4509 bulb 100w it is a Quartz-halogen Has a longer life span

mudwizer
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mudwizer »

4509 for me, with a back up bulb and complete headlight assm. spare battery pack headlight also,for just to going to the road

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”