sick & tired

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

sick & tired

Postby diamondback0320 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:34 am

1st off sorry for the rant.. I'm really getting tired of having to replace most of my camping equipment every hunting season..most of all because of the cows destroying my tents.. it's bad enough that when i show up for the weekend that the 1st hour is shoveling cow shit outta my immediate camping area..but then on top of that the friggin cows get on the decks & bust holes in the boards & rip the strings & tents down..decks are bad enough shape as it is & then they knock over all of our shit..cook table etc.,but gosh dang i also have to replace $200 tents every year also.. sometimes twice a year..getting very expensive and aggravating..i understand that the cows gotta have water but damn DUDA designate dem to where their not destroying other people's property!!

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Re: sick & tired

Postby diamondback0320 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:38 am

my hunting buddy shows up Wednesday evening cause he had Thursday off & low & behold cows had been in there since we left Sunday evening & destroyed our tent.. shredded the whole backside out of it again..wtf!!

rjfjr
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby rjfjr » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:12 am

Fence post and barb wire

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:00 am

oh yeah i just imagine what sjwm & fwc would have to say bout that.. I've already called sjwm bout repairing the decks after a bid ass palm tree fell on 1 of em during the hurricane & they have no intention of repairing or replacing none of it!

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:09 am

Only a thought . . . but are there any conveniently placed trees near/on your camp perimeter?
While sjwm & fwc may frown on fence posts, I doubt that the cattle would know the difference. :scratch:
Barbed wire is certainly cheaper than what you have already been forced to replace.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:10 am

Is there any laws on cows that say they are protected if not in your field? I have a coworker that had a cow get out into another persons field they were nice enough to let him go get his cow but the police told him if his cows do any damage he will have to pay for it and that he was lucky that the owner did not shoot the cow. Maybe a nice not to the owner of the cows he keep them in your field or they are fair game?

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:47 am

i don't own the property it's a water management area & the cows come from duda property on the other side of the line every year when water gets low as it is now..& to boot the bastards are in the airboat trails also..so if your riding at night in this area you'd better be on ur toes & paying attention been several times come round a corner & there b 10 cows or better standing in shoulder deep water!

Bonefish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Bonefish » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:39 am

Solar powered bear fencing :thumbleft: SJRWM and FWC can't complain about that as there are bears in the basin. :cheers:

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby pontoon outlaw » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:42 pm

:banghead: damn cows are crapping in the Water also which is not good, the last couple years it's getting worse, their crap is every where :evil: I used to enjoy my shady spot but, now they come through there crapping on every thing, the same cows must have been at the Platform I built since it was cut up also :slap: a couple years ago Deb and I were riding Nite and a huge Bull was just north of the Trees and we just missed that sucker but, he didn't even care standing in Water up to his back munching on the Cat tails, I would put up some 4x4 poles around the Tent area for sure..... and trust me when they said no fix!!!!! that is what that is there is no money in the budget to fix or maintain the Camping areas, so, it's up to us now, and barbed wire surly won't hurt...... I know how you feel I relocated a platform that was fallen down and unusable and put it back together just to have some jagoff cut it up>>>>>>

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:27 am

they cut up the platform you just moved?

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:28 am

maybe the jackoff that was giving you shit bout putting it there in his hunting area lol

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:56 pm

diamondback0320 wrote:oh yeah i just imagine what sjwm & fwc would have to say bout that.. I've already called sjwm bout repairing the decks after a bid ass palm tree fell on 1 of em during the hurricane & they have no intention of repairing or replacing none of it!

The FWC not the one who does the decks. The ST Johns water Management does they own it they built them. They started the whole thing, its still a water management recreation area. Like I said before there two sets of rules out there the FWC hunting and the ST Johns recreational rules.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:01 pm

jeepinocala1111 wrote:Is there any laws on cows that say they are protected if not in your field? I have a coworker that had a cow get out into another persons field they were nice enough to let him go get his cow but the police told him if his cows do any damage he will have to pay for it and that he was lucky that the owner did not shoot the cow. Maybe a nice not to the owner of the cows he keep them in your field or they are fair game?

Yea if I remember right. They are some one property and there also responsible for them and there actions. Also FL law state no fence is required on your property along a rivers edge.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:06 pm

I have not talked to them in probably 2 years but if you call the ST Johns they may help.

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:46 pm

ted..i called them couple days after the hurricane due to 1 of those big tall palm trees broke in half & fell on the 1 deck slamming 1 end into the dirt..they have no intention of helping or replacing or repairing any of it!

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:28 pm

shoot cows. bar-b-q the ribs and make steaks, ground meat, and roasts. excellent camp meat. lol

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Just spray the whole area with Cow Be-Gone, never worry about cows again. :thumbleft: :stirpot: :rebel:

diamondback0320
Southern Airboat Member

Postby diamondback0320 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:43 pm

cow b gone lol... never heard of that 1

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby pontoon outlaw » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:45 pm

:thumbleft: Ted I know the head guy of the SJWMA and for the last couple 3 years has said the same thing NO MONEY in the budget for repairs of any kind :), thus we are on our own :salute:

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:35 pm

yea it been a wile. I don't even have his number any more. Hell the last 2 years I did not even camp once.

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”