Python hunter wrangles massive snake in Florida Everglades

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Python hunter wrangles massive snake in Florida Everglades

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu May 11, 2017 5:27 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/python-hunt ... verglades/

A python hunter captured an almost 17-foot long snake using just his bare hands.

Dusty ‘The Wildman’ Crum managed to wrestle the creature while traipsing through the Florida Everglades.

It’s the biggest python that’s ever been caught in the national park.

Later, it was discovered that the snake had 78 eggs inside – which were taken out to prevent any new snakes from being born.

Of his catch, Crum described it as ‘like Andre the Giant versus Hulk Hogan, WrestleMania!’

Dusty ‘The Wildman’ Crum (pictured), holds an almost 17-foot long python he captured while traipsing through the Florida Everglades

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Python hunter wrangles massive snake in Florida Everglades

Postby cowboy » Thu May 11, 2017 5:35 am

Nice!
Awesome kill.
78 eggs.... That dude must have had one hell of an omelette for supper that night!

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 406 JAMIE » Thu May 11, 2017 6:07 am

ty for sharing brother.what gets me the most is they won't put a all yr long hunt for those snakes and hogs that r destroy ing land and those snakes r eating everything in sight. :violent1: :banghead:
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 am

Life Cycle
About three months after mating, a Burmese Python is ready to lay its eggs. It can lay up to 100 eggs at a time, and once it does this, it pushes them all together and coils around them. For the entire time the babies are in the eggs, the mother stays coiled around them. She does not leave to do anything - not even to eat. She keeps them warm by vibrating her muscles and protects them from predators. The mother stays with them for about six to eight weeks, and at that time, the eggs are ready to hatch. The baby pythons hatch to be about 20 inches long and can weigh up to 5 ounces. After they have hatched, the mother leaves them on their own. They must fend for themselves and find their own food to survive. The snakes then grow up to between 15 to 25 years of age. Once they reach adulthood, the females and males mate, and the life cycle begins at the beginning again.

Ways of Reproduction
Burmese pythons reach sexual maturity in four to five years. Males breed at 7 to 9 feet and females breed when they are at least 9 feet. When ready to mate, the female pythons release Pheromones, chemicals that are secreted to send messages to other animals, which notify male Pythons in the area that there is a female that is ready to mate. After mating, the female may lay up to 100 eggs, but the average amount of eggs they lay is about 35. Unlike most snakes, the female coils around the clutch until the eggs hatch, keeping them warm. This is accomplished by hiccuping or muscle spasms which increases the temperature by as much as seven degrees. The mother also stays with the eggs to protect them from predators. During this entire time, the mother does not leave the eggs, not even to eat. Once the babies hatch, the mother leaves them on their own. They must find their own food and shelter, and must protect themselves from predators.
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby glades cat » Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 am

I wonder how many wallets and boots a 17' Python will yield?
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Fri May 12, 2017 7:07 am

Only wrestling going on would be me going for a Sig 40.

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby helicsher » Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 am

You can bet your farm That if I catch one there won't be enough left to figure out how long it was
Because I will chop that snake up so much they will think it went through a wood chipper
"Success Requires No Excuses"

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 am

Florida Lt. Gov. Carlos Lopez Cantera poses with a 15-foot-4 inch python caught Monday in the Everglades in Florida. Cantera went python hunting with the district hunters.

http://jacksonville.com/news/florida/20 ... p-lands-15

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 am

My bet he will be running for governor :banghead:

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Wed May 17, 2017 9:54 am

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:My bet he will be running for governor :banghead:
GOD Help Us !!
As if Tree Huggers and Kryakers weren't enough, now we're gonna have Snake Huggers ? .. :shock:

At any rate, one could have hoped the picture to look more like this:

Oh yea, couldn't have done that . . .
it may have offended some of the other snake huggers. :lol:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”