Anyone using hang-on stands

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Anyone using hang-on stands

Post by Keeth1123 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Looking at the muddy hang on stand. Liked their climbing sticks but seems they only sell stands these days.
:old_glory:

lariat
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Anyone using hang-on stands

Post by lariat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 pm

Lone Wolf is great, but overpriced. Muddy is also good.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Be safe no matter which stand you use! :salute:
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Andy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Andy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:43 am

I bow hunt so that’s all I use. Millennium makes a comfortable stand at a decent price, if you will hang your stand a little below the top of your sticks you can just step down on it,,Stepping up on it with side strain can cause it to slip. Good luck

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:05 am

I have used Loc-On High Styles for over 20 years but they are no longer being sold. My way of doing things is I add a rachet strap to keep it from kicking out on entry/exit. We also use an extra piece of stick ladder so that we are not having to grab a slick tree when making the transition from ladder to stand and use rachet straps to keep the ladder locked in place.

If your a bigger person or having a youth use the stand we found this offers extra safety.

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Thanks for the input. I like the Muddy stands for the price point but they are much heavier than the other systems. I will most likely be going with one though. I got the Muddy pro climbing sticks and have an issue with NEEDING to match all gear with the same brand lol

What are y'all doing once you take a deer. In Georgia, we had access to a processor a few miles from the hunt spot. Has everyone had good luck with field dressing ASAP and then hauling home? I don't see how you would quickly get back home from a local spot. By the time you take down the stand, load up the boat, drive out to the lake then the ramp, it has been quite some time.

Andy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Andy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Gut it, then throw couple bags of ice unopened in the cavity. That should buy you plenty of time

Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Slidin Gator » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:23 pm

We sink our game in the river if we are not getting to ice in a few hours. Find an area with good current and deep water and sink it completely after gutting. Without current the gators will find it. Have gone 2 days easy like this.

Also, I bought a giant cooler bag, 6’ x 4’ from Engles. It’s just like the fish bags but will hold 2 good size hogs, deer gator etc. I leave it in the truck with a cooler full of ice to fill it with.
I grew up thinking I-10 was the Mason Dixon line.
1986 Airboat Engineering Inc., 14' Marsh Master. Refreshed narrow deck, SV O-540, 72” NGQ. A Bob Stossel original.

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm

I wound up going with the lone wolf assault 2. It only comes in at 11 pounds

I also got the muddy pro sticks; kind of. The ones I got were recalled so I had to send them back. Now I’m in limbo because it’s basically a mystery until I get new ones shipped. Pretty dumb.

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”