WMA closures due to Tropical Storm Nestor

Stories, places to go, techniques, equipment, etc..
kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

WMA closures due to Tropical Storm Nestor

Post by kwanjangnihm »

Dear Hunting Stakeholder,

https://myfwc.com/recreation/notices/

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and its wildlife management area (WMA) cooperators take safety very seriously. The FWC and its partners are monitoring Tropical Storm Nestor and have posted wildlife management area (WMA) closures in the north central and northwest regions.

Because there’s still uncertainty about the storm’s path, other WMAs may close as well. Some of these WMA closures have the potential to impact quota permit hunts as well as opportunities to hunt without a quota permit. We recommend you monitor the open/closed status of the WMA you’re interested in. We will be updating this webpage so check back regularly for an area’s current status. After this weather event, the FWC will follow up with additional details about impacted hunts.

Please be safe. Make sure you’re prepared for the storm if you have not already done so. To receive accurate, up-to-date information about this storm, call the Florida Emergency Information Line (1-800-342-3557) or visit https://www.floridadisaster.org/.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Office of Licensing and Permitting and the Division of Hunting and Game Management
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: WMA closures due to Tropical Storm Nestor

Post by cowboy »

:rebel:
:florida:

Slidin Gator
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: WMA closures due to Tropical Storm Nestor

Post by Slidin Gator »

I for one am getting really tired of the TS WMA closures. This is a direct result of Rick Scott’s BS of taking our hunting/fishing license and excise tax money and funding what is effectively a state police force.

Hunting and fishing is the best when the weather changes. I spend a lot of time making sure the wife is good so I can go to the woods when the barometer drops. Then the FWC shuts down prime hunting to direct traffic.

I’m sick of this BS, how much More does it cost to let me hunt the storms??
I still think I-10 is the Mason Dixon line.
2013 Mike Stossel Boats, 13' x 7' deck over, IO-540, 74" NGQ less winglets.

Return to “Hunting & Fishing”