Stossel

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Stossel

Post by Ruagatr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 am

Well George Arsenault, who worked for mr stossel for decades, builds as nice a Palm Beach stossel type hull as you will ever see. Some of the boats mentioned above are poor imitations. Just look at the rivet spacing compared to a little george arsenault hull. And the bulkhead strength. Really look at the workmanship and you will see the difference.
Charles

Stossel Boats
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Stossel Boats » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:39 pm

As you said a Stossel type hull or Imatation everyone that builds anything close has changed the hull and rudder to there liking and that is what made them known in the first place it is no longer the same just a look alike, as for performance I dont know, as I only run what we have built for over 40 years, I have not seen an improvement yet. You decide if you want a copy or imitation or a type hull, or you might want the reel deal, an original for the same or maybe even less money, because Stossel's are building them again
I have seen and listen to enough is enough over the years so I decided to carry on what dad started along time ago as best and as exact to what he built as I can.

If I happen to rub anybody wrong GOOD I have not said anything untrue dont be a hater be an airboater have fun I am......................................................................
Stossel Airboats
The Origin of today's Palm Beach Hull
All others are copies or a mere facsimile there of
And that's a Fact

Legends Airboats
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Legends Airboats » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:25 am

Amen Spider, been trying to figure out how to say what youve said for over a year now but couldnt put it together without making alot of people mad but its all true.

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:43 am

nice work...
Big Ole Deckover in the making...

jrlyles
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by jrlyles » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:47 am

Well said,and i agree.Known the family and Bob Sr.my whole dang life and loved the man.He sure did alot for me and so has mike and boyd.Mike is building some nice boats,and Boyd and Rusty are carrying on there Dad's vision as well.And i wish BOTH of them the best of luck in there business.I might be a little partial to mikes custom BBQ cookers as well,He built mine over 17 years ago and still cooking like a champ.Thanks Spider.There boats last even Longer.I say go with an Original.
Junior Lyles
Volusia County Sportman's Conservation Association
Florida Airboat Association Member
Preach & lead singing at revival meetings on the side

BUBBA-HAYS
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by BUBBA-HAYS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:19 pm

performance airboats builds a nice hull that run good. but it is a far cry from a stossel, completely different hull design and run completly different.

hogdoggin
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by hogdoggin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:30 pm

I agree with bubba performance airboats builds a nice sled but they are two different beast. Al builds his boats tuff and they ride great in the water and in the woods. But for a all out woods boat theres nothing like a Stossel with a single rudder....

Waltspad
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waltspad » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 pm

The new Mike Stossel boat works great , runs woods,& water & Mike will build you one too.

Alligatorman33415
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Alligatorman33415 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Little george builds the stossel style palm beach hull worked with the stossels since he was a kid look up legend airboats in west palm also for a stossel built hull

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”