Sensenich NGH vs others

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Sensenich NGH vs others

Post by fl cracker » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 pm

I don't think there is any prop that will delete the issues that airboats have with stick green grass. I would suggest trying different props from your buddy's until you find the one you like!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

lgower
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lgower » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:18 pm

I have tried the 3 blade h and liked it alot I suggest you put a sprayer on it for the nasty green stuff. It can call out the badest of the bad if you aint carefull...New NGH $2500 sprayer done right $150 makes good sense to me
Lee and DeAnne
0540 , Jimmy white Square nose , ss rigging

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Man I would love to tell ya ... get a whisper tip .. but the truth is you gotta have the engine power to get the thrust ... and that sticky green especially this time of year has stuck a many a boat ... aint no cure but raw hp.. or less weight
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Gar Toof
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gar Toof » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:30 am

I went from a
2 blade 72 water walker sig. Good dry push, cruised ok, heavy prop, lazy motor.
2 blade 72 ngh. Lost some dry push, cruise the same, faster top end, very snappy.
3 blade 74 h . Dry push equal to 2 blade ngh. Cruise about the same. Haul ass on top end
3 blade 72 ngh. Dry push better than all. Snappy. Cruise about the same.second fastest top end.

I was dissappointed with the ngh in a 2 blade after listening to all the hype. Once I went to the three I am very happy.

All props were set at 2850 static
Boat is a 14 x 7 max craft ( very heavy ) with Polly
Engine is a 220 gpu, ported, Holley 450 mech secondary

I live next to a levee. It's 16' to 20' and steep. I use it as a test basis. A lot of boats can't climb it from a standing idle at the bottom. The 3 blade ngh is the only one that I can do it with from a dead stop standing at the bottom

Dewayne
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dewayne » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:32 pm

If you are looking for tremendous bottom end push on the hill i would recommend the Q, I have run both and find the Q having more push on the hill, the NGH did well but not as good.

R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by R L Williams » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Yep, Gar Toof, a good post and info! 8)
:old_glory:
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.

SDeatherage
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by SDeatherage » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm glad to see this post has turned into some very useful information for all involved. Goof tart that was great info with comparisons
that everyone can relate to. Bad news I'm still undecided. I will say that whirlwind said I could try the whisper tip and if I didn't like it I could return it within 30 days. I heard Dan will let you try Sensenich also. I might have to do that to decide. This is great customer service what more could you ask for.
2016 14' X 8' Dyna Marine Revo powered by a TKE LS3 swinging a Sensenich 3 blade 81" R with a Ballistic 2.70 box. Fusion deck with 8.8 JL Audio speakers. Custom sea-dek on a Dakota trailer.

Myakka Rooster
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Myakka Rooster » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 pm

That nasty green stuff is hard on any boat! I have a 3 blade H an love it! On a 13 foot gillieo with 220
ground pownder , havent had it stuck YET. My friend has the same size boat with 260 hp lycoming and he
has to turn his 3100 to get it to break lose on dry ground,nice dry ground! with the NGH I turn mine at 2900 on trailer
static. breaks lose at 1800 - 2000 on dry ground. but you have to remember everyone has there owe
apinion. Its all about what you like!

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 pm

SDeatherage wrote:How about some input on the whisper tip? I hear they have great customer service and was hoping to hear some good news about them. I know southern style runs one on his boat and he loves it and says its so quiet him and his wife don't even use ear protection.
Truthfully great stupendous customer service. I have a 72 whisper. To me i want of course more. Its quiet without the q ear piecing squeal at 2700-3000. I run a big boat 14 x 8 x 3/16 bottom set up for 4-5 to ride. With 4 people i run OK but with 4 and gear i don't.

SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SwampNinja » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:56 pm

I wish Sensenich would let you try different props with a contract of buying.
"It is what it is."

homemade12476
Southern Airboat Member

Post by homemade12476 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:07 am

fl cracker wrote:Get with Dan and try the Q & NGH. That 3 blade H is a fast prop, typically have to spin them up high to get the boat to break loose on dry from what i have seen. I have the NGH and would not trade for anything at this point.
not to ? u cracker but would like more imput on this. i think my h does half ass on dry but could do much better,, water its a mean sob out of hole and top but im always looking for better. btw next person looking to sell retail in pc needs to mount it let me test it then i will buy. :shock: want to sell it show me
11'2 square nose gilli canadian 220 70inch 3 blade H sensenich

KR23
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by KR23 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:28 am

Swampninja, contact dantheairboatman on here and he will let you test which ever prop you want.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"

http://www.performanceairboats.com/Home_Page.html (407)349-1209

Warrior AirCraft Engines: (772)260-4235

SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SwampNinja » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 am

KR23 wrote:Swampninja, contact dantheairboatman on here and he will let you test which ever prop you want.

Might just do that. Thanks for the tip.
"It is what it is."

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:57 am

Homemade, do what Kr23 suggested. Dan will take care of you!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

SDeatherage
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by SDeatherage » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 am

Cracker is your ngh a 2 or 3 blade? Did u get it from Dan? What prop were you running and how does the ngh out perform what u had?
2016 14' X 8' Dyna Marine Revo powered by a TKE LS3 swinging a Sensenich 3 blade 81" R with a Ballistic 2.70 box. Fusion deck with 8.8 JL Audio speakers. Custom sea-dek on a Dakota trailer.

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:16 am

I dunno, I've always been real happy with my Sensenich H's. I've had them on a anglevalve 170 (2 blade), H2AD 160 (2 blade), and now my injected 470 (3 blade).

I agree you gotta wind that 3 blade up to bust loose on the hill, but that don't seem to be a major problem...and that top end comes in real handy when your buddy pulls up beside you and tries to beat you back to the ramp :D

Rick

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:00 pm

the 3 blade H gave me the most top end I ever had the only reason I changed props was because of the noise of the H blade if you can deal with the noise I feel it is a hard prop to beat with it set at about 2800 on trailer it did the best for me performance wise,still to loud though
aaof member

Raizincane
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Raizincane » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Myakka Rooster wrote:That nasty green stuff is hard on any boat! I have a 3 blade H an love it! On a 13 foot gillieo with 220
ground pownder , havent had it stuck YET. My friend has the same size boat with 260 hp lycoming and he
has to turn his 3100 to get it to break lose on dry ground,nice dry ground! with the NGH I turn mine at 2900 on trailer
static. breaks lose at 1800 - 2000 on dry ground. but you have to remember everyone has there owe
apinion. Its all about what you like!

3100 rpms to break ground? Your buddy needs to sell that boat :scratch:
The difference between Champ and Chump is []_[]

If you don't have pictures,then it didn't happen

13' Performance Airboat AV 0540 3 bld 72" NGH
U
S
F
T
H

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:33 pm

SwampNinja wrote:I wish Sensenich would let you try different props with a contract of buying.

we have the same 30 money back as WW does and have always had it.
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

SDeatherage
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by SDeatherage » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Rick I like my H also. But its been replaced with the NGH and I also hear the Q or whisper tip is strong. I really want to hear real life experiences on why I should change from my H. And if I was going to which one to go with. I have been getting great results on this topic and it has stayed positive. Im thinking if the NGH is a much improved H that is the way to go. I also have a 3 blade hub already so I just buy 3 new blades. But the cost of a brand new 2 blade is more cost effective but I want whats best for my application. Again thanks for all the positive posts.

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm

ptr34 wrote:
SwampNinja wrote:I wish Sensenich would let you try different props with a contract of buying.

we have the same 30 money back as WW does and have always had it.
that's not what I was told by Charlie and after he told me that I found it in a magazine ad,when I told him I seen it there he said no that's the other prop company so I would like to know how to go about the 30 day money back?
aaof member

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:18 pm

SDeatherage wrote:Rick I like my H also. But its been replaced with the NGH and I also hear the Q or whisper tip is strong. I really want to hear real life experiences on why I should change from my H. And if I was going to which one to go with. I have been getting great results on this topic and it has stayed positive. Im thinking if the NGH is a much improved H that is the way to go. I also have a 3 blade hub already so I just buy 3 new blades. But the cost of a brand new 2 blade is more cost effective but I want whats best for my application. Again thanks for all the positive posts.
you should get with Dan and try before you buy,but I don't think it's worth the money to upgrade to the NGH blades they only have little better performance and a little more on the bottom not much at least on my boat
aaof member

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

The H or NGH is not the same class of prop .. that is why a three blade h class will/can be replaced by a two blade Q class prop. Some people like three blades for the looks of them .. some because they say they balance better ... some claim the military found three to be more efficient .. Bottom line to many these days is money spent ... The modern props are usually better balanced than old school props and are better designed for efficiency.

So even if we were talking about Whirlwind props .. I would say unless you just love the looks of more blades .. which by the way I have been guilty of ... I would suggest Two blades that will get the job done and leave money in my pocket for gas.

Different props make thrust in different rpm ranges ... so that is another factor to consider ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:30 pm

i dunno deathrage i ran that boat with my fatazz all over the place at 2700 and it broke loose quick hell i stopped at the bottom of hwy 50 boatramp at the steep spot and drove straight up it no rudder waggin or anything unless that thing has lost all its nuts i cant see you improving the overall performance of it much if at all hell that thing cruised good didnt burn hardly any fuel and would never break 180 degrees id leave it however wasnt as much green grass and cracked black mud id probly invest in a solid rake for switchgrass and comin off banks and a good sprayer system would def help that big wide bottom in the sticky green but its ur money and id def run it til somethin happened to the blades that are on it then buy new ones when necessary jmo
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

SDeatherage
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by SDeatherage » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Bruce you are probably 100% correct. It runs great and I'm sure has as much power as it ever had. It is a very strong motor. The green green grass is my only obstacle so far. And it does really good on it. But like most we always want more. I have been thinking about a sprayer system I think it will be totally unstoppable with one of them lol. And its a lot cheaper on the wallet. Thanks for the compliments on the boat. i hope to see you on the water soon. Maybe even thursday night at the trees I was there last week. I pitched the H blades to 2900 and added a little jack and she is strong. But with the H blades you do have to spin it up but once it breaks loose she is very strong on the grass. Oh ya and I got a fat a$$ also lol!!!!!!!

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”