Gso 480 for sale?

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
FLA BOY
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Gso 480 for sale?

Post by FLA BOY » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Kevin- did you still need Cecil's number? He did my boat and is top notch. Very nice guy and knows his stuff.
GSO480/12' Hammant
GPU/12' Richochet

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:11 am

fl cracker wrote:Kevin , go ahead and get that whole car motor thing out of your head right now lol. I see Tony his ride up for grabs, he will be in a 16' diamond back with a water thunder real soon LoL
Don't worry cracker my mind is still on these old dinosaurs :lol:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:13 am

FLA BOY wrote:Kevin- did you still need Cecil's number? He did my boat and is top notch. Very nice guy and knows his stuff.
Fla boy, yes I got number just haven't had time to call. Thanks for trying to help :thumbleft:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 am

BlowInIt wrote:Sheit if you ant trying to race my buddy just did a 6.0 LS2 straight out a 06 gto. He has six grand in it turn key including harness, fast throttle body, headers, everything... turns the same prop and rpm as my 500-hp carb ls3 and burns 20% less fuel. Bang for the buck that can not be beat, even the local aircraft guys are saying it. Lmao I wont mention any names around here.

Sorry for the off topic, just throwing it out there
The off topic isn't no big deal... Hell I'm always open for different ideas... If I didn't have to change all my metal work I would make a move to the"dark side" :lol: but until my metal work starts getting bad it looks like I'm gonna be running a o'l supercharged dinosaur 8)

BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 am

One thing is for sure, when they are right, they are rank as hell. Idk all about that fuel injection and shiet but Dannys boat with the custom carb specd for that motor is a bad hammer. Probaby the best thousand dollars you could spend on one. He and ole pushman have had better luck then anyone from what ive seen. Both carbed

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 am

BlowInIt wrote:One thing is for sure, when they are right, they are rank as hell. Idk all about that fuel injection and shiet but Dannys boat with the custom carb specd for that motor is a bad hammer. Probaby the best thousand dollars you could spend on one. He and ole pushman have had better luck then anyone from what ive seen. Both carbed
I'm sticking with a carb until Abner gets this electronic fuel injection on a few other boats. Danny's boat is bad ass for sure. I'm impressed with that boat every time I see it run. I got the same AED carb at my house I'm about to put on mine. I'm sure the injection is great but i want my stuff to run the same way every time I don't want to have to tune it while out riding. With the electronic injection it's tuned once and then that's it.

jm680
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jm680 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:18 am

I have a lot of GSO 480 engines,6 of them aero commander motors,2 IGSO 480 off twin bonanza,also 3 props,give me a call if you have any intrest. Jody 509 948 6405

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:41 am

Welcome to SA jm680 :salute:

You will have much better response by placing an ad in the classified section. (aircraft-engine)

https://southernairboat.com/southern-ai ... ft-engine/

Have a good one!
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”