Lycoming Angle Valve Roller Rockers

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
scarter770
Southern Airboat Member

Lycoming Angle Valve Roller Rockers

Post by scarter770 »

I have completed dyno tests on Roller Rocker for Angle valve Lycoming IO 540 with good results.
The rockers were tested back to back with stock rockers and made some good Torque/HP gains @2750 RPM. Would like to pole interest in this piece to determine demand going forward. These Rockers are mfg. by one of the leading shops in the country and have yet to be field tested. Please reply if there is interest. This is an experimental only piece/kit and will require replacement of pushrods (all same length)
With these adjustable rockers.

Thanks

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Lycoming Angle Valve Roller Rockers

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

scarter770 wrote:I have completed dyno tests on Roller Rocker for Angle valve Lycoming IO 540 with good results.
The rockers were tested back to back with stock rockers and made some good Torque/HP gains @2750 RPM. Would like to pole interest in this piece to determine demand going forward. These Rockers are mfg. by one of the leading shops in the country and have yet to be field tested. Please reply if there is interest. This is an experimental only piece/kit and will require replacement of pushrods (all same length)
With these adjustable rockers.

Thanks
Sounds good and expensive but you get what you pay for. How much are they? What engines would they fit? I own a small cnc shop with large capabilities myself and have thought many times of making many different airboat parts just not a big enough demand for the shop time. I am building a 520 conversion and most parts I find cost to cheap to bother with making them.

Blownaway540
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Blownaway540 »

Interested, approximate cost?
IGSO 0540 (W/out IG) built by the late, great, Dick Hoffman, 13 ft. Alumitech. Member - CRA, KRVSA

boatair
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by boatair »

What kind of gains are you talking about ?

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

boatair wrote:What kind of gains are you talking about ?
x 2 :thumbleft:
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

I'm very interested! Was actually just looking for someone to make some recently, more for the adjustability than performance. Although they will go on a raceboat so they would be put to the test! Contact me by PM or by phone @352-231-3278. Name is Dwayne.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Somebody in South Florida had some made a few years back by a man in Missouri who has Haas CNC shop and does all types of high performance exotic manufacturing.

Anyone know who it was who had a set made?

billybob
Southern Airboat Member

Post by billybob »

I would be interested in a set of they won't break the bank.
I do all my own stunts!!!!!!

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

older thread on custom rockers for a gitsu by abner :D

also a post from mrfixit on custom making & testing - maybe he could give us an update :thumbleft:

http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/v ... 47&t=48857

mrfixit wrote:They look alot like the ones I have been making for 2-3 years exsept I eleminated the adijustible part for better oil moovment through the rocker to cool the head. also on these what holds the rockes from sliding right and left on the rocker pin ? I had to use a flange on rhe pin and a needle thrust bearing to hold the side thrust from the pushrod angle. can't realy see in the picturs what they did for this and what ratio did they build these in they look like the stock 1.5 to 1 . I have been able to get away with 1.6 on a stock pin and 1.75 on a offset pin to increase the valve lift . They do look good and if tested they should know if they work alright. what kind of price on them , and why did they not stud the head to hold the pins in. I have been told by builders that that is a problem with these heads.
Thanks.
not trying to beatup on this product just curious on how they took care of some of these issues .
would like to talk to them about them I have made 20-30 different shapes, styles and ratios and beat them up on my ride boat and found a few things out about them.
Thanks again, they look good.
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

I guess this guy is full of it because I haven't heard nothing from him!

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”