Orange Lake Airboating.

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Orange Lake Airboating.

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:36 am

I was at the meeting last night for the orange lake weed control and was able to get a nice clean earful from a few liberals that are out to change our lives. So now the sierra club want's paddle only trails on orange lake the want no air boating at night this we knew about for a long time and they want to restrict us (air boaters) from going near bird nesting area. Yes it was a very hard thing not just kicking they few asses but I held my temper as my wife watched saying please don't make this an event to me. These people have no care of our freedoms at all they just assume to ruin this entire country and they will if we all do not get together and STOP them in their tracks. For some time now I have built my boat pretty quiet so that nobody can call me the problem my boat meets the sound laws. We can just keep saying we wont listen until they stop all of us or we can unit the entire airboat world every airboat club join one unite combine pay dues to protect our rights and actually get the air boat discrimination law removed. If we do this then the other boaters will have interest in stopping them from making laws of boaters on lakes at night. If we do not well we are screwed in the long run. I can only guess that there are hundreds maybe thousands of air boaters and if you take the dues of this many people I guess we would WIN. I hate these subjects but they have to be looked at or we will be forgotten. If you just read this they you have just inherited my one of my stresses for the day. :dontknow:

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Orange Lake Airboating.

Post by digginfool » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:04 am

I'm fighting my own battle with the city I live in and I can tell you that the squeaky wheels get the oil. If you sit back and hold your voice, the only voice the commissioners hear are theirs. That being said, you absolutely must be respectful and concise when you stand up to speak. If you rant and rave, yell and curse, they will shut you off. The battle I'm fighting is being won because the other property owners and I have banded together and made our voices heard. Don't lose your battle without firing a shot; your words are your bullets and well placed bullets do the most damage to the other side.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:24 am

Jeep , you are absolutely right. That is why the CCAA was created in the 90's . They were trying to restrict airboats to just the lakes and kicker trails. The word "Alliance" was used instead of association , because we didn't want to be just associated , we wanted to be an alliance to fight. The CCAA has won many of it's battles and today we actually have several politicians join the CCAA. We have a late night curfew but won unlimited riding rights. You have to pick your battles , but first you have to organize your cause.
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

HogRangler
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HogRangler » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:04 pm

**** the goverment :lol: :lol:
:rebel:

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I just want the entire air boat community to unite and fight the airboat discrimination law that's it. We can ALL pay up and let the battle begin I believe 100% that the right and enough lawyers can beat this.

airboat302
Southern Airboat Member

Post by airboat302 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:22 pm

406 JAMIE wrote:Is orange lake up by astor bridge on st.jhons?
No it's in not that Marion county and southern Alachua between 301 and 441
FORD TOUGH 351W AIRBOAT

airboat302
Southern Airboat Member

Post by airboat302 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:23 pm

I think you are thinking of lake george
FORD TOUGH 351W AIRBOAT

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:34 am

Like Airboat302 said, E<>W between 301 and 441, and N<>S between Gainesville and Ocala.
Here ya go . . .
Attachments
OrangeLake.JPG
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:08 am

406 JAMIE wrote:This is the main reason i wont start a new boat build i just see these GOV run organisations shuting down our so called public land for us to use is now trying and is shuting it down to us very quick i just see whats happen down south and now y all up north fla i just see it coming to us here in central fla and screwing us here.i cant see spending 20,000$$$$ on a new boat and not get my moneys worth out of it and have a 20,000$$ yard ornament.

And hunting kiss that good bye soon to with these fu$*kin tree huggers seen on ch 9 news here on st jhons in cocoa those f$*in karkoe/row boats/f*$kin tree huggers said we r out here to let people know we r out here to and deserve to use it too.well no FLAGS, LIGHTS this sh!t is getting wayyyyyy out of hand here.so i guess for now i ll stick to mud racing/mud advents until it goes bye bye.
When you quit you help them very much you see they feel as if they have kicked your ass because you gave up. We can beat this.

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”