Lycomming IGSO 540

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
LYCOMMINGIGSO
Southern Airboat Member

Lycomming IGSO 540

Postby LYCOMMINGIGSO » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:27 am

Hi all
Bit of a long shot but I am contacting the forum out of interest really. I am based in the UK and someone pointed me in this direction.
I don't know if you guys use them but I have available, a couple of Lycomming IGSO-540 engines, fully built up in crates, with log books, I am lead to believe they could go straight into an aircraft although, personally I would do plenty of checks on them before I flew them :)
I do have other bits and pieces also which have been stored in a barn for some time and are in not great condition but there are old cylinders, engine blocks, gear boxes, probably some injectors, mags, exhausts, augmentors, oil coolers, engine mounts and engine beds plus propellers which I am guessing you guys wouldn't use, maybe the engines are no good to anyone I don't know.

Plus I have all the maint. manuals and overhaul manuals, plus engine instrumentation which I am unsure if you guys would use?

So basically I am asking are they worth much or should I just throw them on eBay and hope for the best?

Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone is interested I would prefer a job lot price.

Best Regards

Williamalvin
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Lycomming IGSO 540

Postby Williamalvin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Depends on what you want for the lot and how much you want to ship them. Shipping sounds like more than what airboaters are willing to pay for one. Do you have price in mind?

fhp6
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby fhp6 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Buyer beware.....
:old_glory: FHP6
Citrus County Airboat Alliance (Member)
"USMC"
:florida:

LYCOMMINGIGSO
Southern Airboat Member

Postby LYCOMMINGIGSO » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:14 am

Williamalvin wrote:Depends on what you want for the lot and how much you want to ship them. Shipping sounds like more than what airboaters are willing to pay for one. Do you have price in mind?

Hi and thanks for your reply, I really do not know what the lot is worth, :dontknow: I know 2 of the engines were working fine before storage, the rest is just bits and bobs and most would deem it scrap.

Like i say they do include log books but I would assume these are pretty useless to you guys. As for the props, are these any use to your sport/hobby?

I think you're right regards the shipping but obviously the most cost effective way would be used or the buyer just sorts it out.

For an example how much would a complete boat cost with equivalent engine complete and ready to go, or what would people pay, say from someone local and in your game for a equivalent engine?

Best Regards

LYCOMMINGIGSO
Southern Airboat Member

Postby LYCOMMINGIGSO » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 am

fhp6 wrote:Buyer beware.....

:dontknow: Why? Because I took the time out to find out if someone would have a use for some engines I have or because I only have one post and I'm wanting to sell something?

Unless you know me and you think I am a bit dodgy, a bit unscrupulous :slap:

All the best

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mojoe » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 am

Why not sell them locally?

If you ended up with them where you are, someone where you are has a use for them.

Sight unseen from an unknown foreign buyer, they aren't worth half the shipping if they were free.
Mark 7:9

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Can you post photos of the complete engines & parts?
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Williamalvin
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Williamalvin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm

You would be lucky to get 3,500 for each engine sight unseen. Then you have shipping that will probably cost that much. Depending on what else is in the lot 3,500 is about what you will get over here for both taking shipping into account

LYCOMMINGIGSO
Southern Airboat Member

Postby LYCOMMINGIGSO » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:42 am

Ok all, thank you for your input.
I'll leave them all where they are, maybe one day they'll go?

All the best

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”