GOOD GPU'S

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

GOOD GPU'S

Post by jopete » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Guys,

I know there are a ton of used gpu's out there. My current stock gpu has been a great motor, I can't say a bad word about it.

I went thru a bad experience a year or 2 ago buying a 300 Lycoming and bought somebody's junk. what I am getting around to asking is do
ya'll think there are still some good gpu's out there? would it be better to look for a packette still intact or maybe look for one from a reputable builder rather than buying from some jo-bubba off the internet?
I think the one I own is from a fellow named Hoffman, and it has been great. I honestly don't see the need for 2 mags and all that just for a hunting/frogging boat, and will get another gpu when my current one blows up. just looking for opinions, and If you have a different opinion, feel free to voice it. thanks.

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: GOOD GPU'S

Post by Gary S » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:19 am

I think there is going to be a bunch of motors available in Texas in a few months.

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:19 am

yep, and tore up hulls from running down city streets and street signs/sunk cars.

irod
Southern Airboat Member

Post by irod » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:08 pm

if it's like after katrina, the gov'ment will be buying/commandeering lots of boats. in the couple of years after, every auction house around will have boats/equipment for sale to the public. the deals will be best for those who can buy lots from the government. but there will be deals available to the public on the ones being sold by that middle man.

GMAC 76
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by GMAC 76 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:43 pm

PM SENT

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:48 am

I'm talking about from the airport.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 am

JOPETE if your GPU came out of the old Hoffman shop up in Inverness that explains your happiness. Dick Hoffman was a great engine / boat builder a true pioneer racer and airboat legend. I met him when I was a kid back when he had a shop down in Tarpon Springs during the late 1970s era. He would help a fellow I knew back then with building his engines from time to time. The man knew how to build engines and was a great builder. Sad he passed away.

There are many a story told still about his adventures and he is missed !

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”