best prop for dd 350?

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

best prop for dd 350?

Post by Keeth1123 »

Im not turning up too much luck searching the threads so ill just post again. what is the best prop for a dd 350 I mean I cant afford a brand new water walker or anything but I thinking between a 4 blade warp from my friend or a paddle prop. any suggestions or info or links to thread would be helpful seeing how i cant seem to turn up any

:D
:old_glory:

Canes350
Southern Airboat Member

Re: best prop for dd 350?

Post by Canes350 »

well i used a 72x30 paddle prop on my DD 350 i only turned it 2600 but my cam was not advanced. I put a 70'' 6 blade warp drive on the boat dont know the pitch and it pushed the better than the paddle prop. The warp drive still only got turned around 2600 too but still pushed better
It might not be pretty, but it's paid for

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy »

some of the best runnin direct small block boats ive seen where runnin 5 and 6 blade weed eatters, wood prop you should turn a 72x32 wide blade if your moter is in good shape with a low torqe or at least a rv type cam and 650 holley and a torker intake

Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 »

10-4 I have a friend that I can buy a 4 blade warp-drive from and i really want to but is 4 enough blades? can i just pitch them more
:old_glory:

kneeboarder
Southern Airboat Member

Post by kneeboarder »

WOULD YOU BE INTERSESTED IN A WHIRLWIND?

boobidges
Southern Airboat Member

Post by boobidges »

a 68" -70" four blade will work fine.best i've seen onna dd350 was a 66" 5 blade.but in my opinion,theres lotsa stuff that'll work better,but that'll git it dun.

Jason
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jason »

I have a 68" 4 blade on my boat and it works well I use to have a 72 32 stick prop and it does way better than it did I have 8 degrees of pitch in it turning 2950rpm on a sbc 350

okie
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by okie »

Ok men here is the deal. Keeth1123 wants to use my 4 blade warp drive, now it came off of a 220 GPU. I still have it mounted in the 220 Hub, I never loosened the blades, don't know what the pitch is. But I think this hub of mine won't work with his DD350 Chevy engine. I think he will need to get a hub for the 350 engine. a 4 blade hub. I am helping in trying to save him some money, and this is his First boat and he is rebuilding from the hull up. Question is can he just get a hub, and put my blades in it? The blades I have are in very good condition, and he wants to get his boat going before summer is over. He is going to college so money to him is limited, we are trying the cheapest way for him to get his boat going, until he has more money to be able to upgrade later, maybe after he is out of college. He wants a boat, and about all he has left to do is get a prop on it. I reduced my 4 blade warp to him because he is going to school, and highly respect that. Also could someone tells us how to set it up for the 4 blade warp drive? If so, Then I can get the prop to him. He lives there in Florida, I live in Oklahoma. Also best way that I can get the prop to him. Whether to remove the blades from the hub, and shiip like that or to bring him the unassembled prop, if he can use the 220 GPU HUB.

okie
Airboating Okie

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

That prop will bolt right up to his prop adapter.

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

And if he bought a prop from the factory.... he'd be getting a hub and 4 loose blades... take it apart to mail it!

COCOAAIRBOAT
Southern Airboat Member

Post by COCOAAIRBOAT »

I HAVE RAN SEVERAL DD 350'S THE BEST SETUP I HAVE FOUND IS A 6 BALDE WARP NO SHORTER THAN 72". IT LETS THE MOTOR REV UP FASTER TO REACH YOUR TORQUE CURVE FOR THE DD AND GIVES YOU THE FASTEST SNAP TO THE PROP FOR RUNNING THE HILL, THE WOOD PROPS TAKE LONGER TO REACH 2650 RPM AND BRAKE THE BOAT LOOSE TO MOVE. IF YOU STAY IN THE WATER THE WOOD IS CHEAPER AND WORKS FINE BUT DONT EXSPECT TO PUNCH IT ON THE HILL.
REAL AIRBOATERS DONT CARE WHAT THEIR FRIENDS RUN AS LONG AS THEY ARE OUT THERE RUNNING WITH THEM !!!

H S AIRBOATS
Southern Airboat Member

Post by H S AIRBOATS »

JUST PUT THE NEW 72 WISPER TIP ON MY DD 350, AWSOME PROP. BOUGHT A 70 STUMP PULLER AND DID NOT LIKE IT. I TALKED TO PATTI AT WHIRLWIND AND THEY TRADED MY BLADES FOR THE NEW WISPERTIPS. BEST COMBO I'VE EVER HAD ON A DD BOAT. MY 350 IS BONE STOCK ACCEPT FOR HEADERS AND A 4 BARRELL. :D
H S AIRBOATS.-321-544-6420 http://WWW.HSAIRBOATS.COM

Return to “Automotive Power Only”