sensenich prop advice

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: sensenich prop advice

Postby bondsman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:13 pm

no pissing contest here either but if no one can verrify a statement its just an opinion.i am not calling you a liar for all i know you changed blades and did the whole deal.i must have missed the thread on it. you usually keep the forum updated on new events you have done or changed for the betterment of our knowledge as do most of us.as for felber he will tell you the best all around combo that will suit his or her needs if you want a combo that does alittle of everything he says prop "a" if you just want to haul ass prop "b" if you just want to be efficient prop "c". and so on. junior480's boat is not a he said ,she said there are pics on this site as well as i am sure many that have ridden with him that can attest to his motor,box,prop combo so thats a fact(verrified by several sources.)i am still not calling you a liar.just stating a fact.so in my opinion that your motor cant be held back by the sensenich r blade which in fact is a type of sensenich prop this lets us know in my opinion that a motor that develops more power and torque cant be held back by a prop that small and thats a fact. but all this is just my humble opinion.for i am not an engineer nor have a thrust test machine or have enough money to aquire the finer things in life such as donating large enough amounts of money to a colledge to get an honorary doctorate for engineering so i can advise people with more than opinion but with an edjucated opinion.
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

lil_armond
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby lil_armond » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Well all I can say is the common denominator in all the Beck Racing engines is the word "Street." If I were you I would save the money and heart ache and buy an "airboat" engine. There is a big difference in making a fast airboat and a fast street car, unless you just have money to piss away every time you blow one up because they weren't built for the load that a prop put on the engine. This isn't about Texas or who's bigger or any of that it is about combo and tune. Hell I don't care if you piss rocket fuel and crap top fuelers if you got 1200 hp and you aren't set up and tuned right someone with half the power will dust your ass and that is the truth. At one point in time people ran crate motors because there was not much of a choice but there has been a few people out there dedicate their knowledge and time to developing a truly dependable engine for cm boat owners. By no means am I knocking Beck or any other race car engine builder but a race car is not an airboat and until boat owners and most engine builders realize that there will be a lot of money pissed away trying to figure out why they keep coming apart.
''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
-- John Wayne

15' x 8' Alumitech w/ 84" 5 blade Superwide

YELLOWHAMMER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby YELLOWHAMMER » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 pm

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE-- I KNOW I HAVENT SAID THIS YET BUT I HAVE BEEN AROUND AIRBOATS ALL MY LIFE AN YOU MAYBE RIGHT ABOUT THAT MOTOR AN I MAY OR MAYNOT BUY IT BUT I SURE CAN BUILD ONE I GOT A 406 CHEVY THAT HAS STAYED TOGETHER FOR 3 YEARS ITS BEEN RUN SLOW AN ITS BEEN RUN FAST IT SWINGS A 82 IN 3 BLADE SET AT 2 1/2 WITH A 2.1 GUESS WHAT IM SAYING IS I MAY JUST BUILD MY OWN---JOHNNY
Last edited by YELLOWHAMMER on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby bondsman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 pm

honestly painkiller if you are not in a super hurry build your own motor it gives you a better fealing when it run well.22,000 is a hard number to swallow and you could most likely build comparable for less than half. there are several builders on this forum that would gladly sale you a cam ,heads,ratating assembly ect. at a fair price and you put it together. thats my vote but i run a cadillac so i am not the smartest i just love missory. :shock:

YELLOWHAMMER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby YELLOWHAMMER » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:01 pm

:lol: THANKS TO EVERYONE I LIKE I SAID I PUT MY 406 TOGETHER I HAVE CAM --CRANK- ETC PEOPLE I USE ---AN YES I DO GET IN A HURRY MY UNCLE USE TO DRIVE A RACE CAR SO ITS IN MY BLOOD WANTING TO COME OUT :lol: :lol: :lol: ---JOHNNY

T-REX
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby T-REX » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:32 pm

we'll for sure us caddy people love that abuse....... :blackeye:

crowhater
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby crowhater » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Bond
Call Don and ask him if I tested the R blade if you do not believe me, and for the record I did post the information. Just to keep you up to date next week I am going to send off my reduction to get the gear changed from 2.68 to a 2.37, you can call Bud to make sure it is the truth if you like. :D
18x8 Alum, 496 BBC, 2.6 CH4, 4B 82" S-blades

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby bondsman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:20 pm

crowhater wrote:Bond
Call Don and ask him if I tested the R blade if you do not believe me, and for the record I did post the information. Just to keep you up to date next week I am going to send off my reduction to get the gear changed from 2.68 to a 2.37, you can call Bud to make sure it is the truth if you like. :D

sorry i couldn't find the thread for the update on the r blades. i will search again i probably over looked it.i only came across this one.

crowhater wrote: The R blades are interesting but with my 2.68 reduction I could never spin them fast enough. The thought of buying 4 new blades and a new box is scary right now. The wife would divorce me for sure.

lil_armond
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby lil_armond » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 pm

Bonds, I think he means he couldn't get into the effective rpm range for the "R" blades sweet spot in that statement. I could be wrong but that is what I take from it.
''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
-- John Wayne

15' x 8' Alumitech w/ 84" 5 blade Superwide

crowhater
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby crowhater » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 pm

lil_armond wrote:Bonds, I think he means he couldn't get into the effective rpm range for the "R" blades sweet spot in that statement. I could be wrong but that is what I take from it.

Jeff
This is spooky, I feel like I have a stalker. Just kidding Bond, I know you are just trying to bust my stones. :wink: If it makes you feel better I am wrong about everything I have ever said and you are right.
18x8 Alum, 496 BBC, 2.6 CH4, 4B 82" S-blades

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby bondsman » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:57 am

i am not always right i can admit that. and i was busting your stones on that one.

marshmaster pat
Southern Airboat Member

Postby marshmaster pat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Darn it, as a louisiana boy misplaced in Texas, give me a holler when ya'll decide to throw down. It would be worth watching and I don't care if the throw down is with fist, knifes, or airboat races. I am just wantin to watch. My home state would be about in the middle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:37 pm

I am working on a prop adapter for my briggs engine to handle the superwides so ya'll better be nice LOL Cntry
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

airduds
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby airduds » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:46 am

Do some research on Beck before you front him any money.
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

Return to “Automotive Power Only”