Rebuild is it worth it

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
undicided
Southern Airboat Member

Rebuild is it worth it

Post by undicided » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:28 am

I have a 12' 6" Big O single rear driver w/ double front seat. It is powered by a sbc 400 DD w/ a 72" terminator prop. The crank has spun either rod or main bearings. I want to rebuild the motor. Only part that will be reused is the cam & maybe the stock heads. My question is what kind of crank kit should I use for this application.

RaisingHell
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Rebuild is it worth it

Post by RaisingHell » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am

Scat makes some real nice kits that wont break the bank. I have used there stuff in all my race cars and on one stroker motor for a carboat i built. Really nice stuff and good prices. Good luck.
Nobody Is Perfect.... But I Am Damn Close!!!!

undicided
Southern Airboat Member

Post by undicided » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:00 pm

thats what im looking for something that wont break the bank. I am going to hunt down the specs on the cam & post them when I find them need help matching up the right combo

ffcracker
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by ffcracker » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:55 pm

If you are not totally against the caddy motor theres a couple in the calssifieds at a good price and it would not be too hard to modify the stand for it to fit. I run a stock 500 c/i 2 barrel holley on a 13 .6 heavy hull, 3/8 poly with heavy square tube stand and it will run anywhere I point it with 3 people, also easy on fuel. I was swingin a 72 inch woody intill I hit a pine tree in the yard, now looking for a 72 to 74 Q.
A RESENTFULL CITIZEN OF A DICTATORSHIP CALLED alachua county

Return to “Automotive Power Only”