ZZ572 620HP on pump gas.

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
BigJakesrq
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

ZZ572 620HP on pump gas.

Post by BigJakesrq »

Okay so here is the deal. I'm headed to Iraq very soon, going to be there for 11 months. I'll have a large sum of money in the bank and when I get back I want to build the last boat I'm ever going to need. So far I'm thinking about going with a ZZ572 with 620Hp @ 5500 RPM and 650lbs of Torque @ 4500 RPM. It seems to be the best deal for the money to HP ratio. I I'm thinking about going with a gear to gear counter rotator all on a 16' aluminum hull.

My question is this. What gear ratio should I run and what kind of prop would be best suited for the counter rotator with the hp I'm running? I've never run a car motor or a gear box. It's pretty much going to be a ride boat and some gigging too.

speed wheelie
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: ZZ572 620HP on pump gas.

Post by speed wheelie »

Man, You need to talk to Waterthunder...He's got all that stuff figured out.!
You got to be yourself
863-956-3030 shop and cell

BigJakesrq
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by BigJakesrq »

I was hoping he might chime in. I've got plenty of time to figure everything out..... about 12 months, but as soon as I get back it's on!

roberti53
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by roberti53 »

BBC=FELBER

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews »

Big Ole Deckover in the making...

Airboatcapt2
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Airboatcapt2 »

(crate 572) :bom: Tick....Tick..... Tick...... BOOM
Faron Floyd
American Airboat Corp
Orange, Texas
www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

BigJakesrq
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by BigJakesrq »

Okay guys I get the picture. The zz572 is not longer in the picture. So who makes a 600hp motor that I can still run pump gas on?

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bondsman »

if you are going to iraq.that will give mike(felber) plenty of time to build you a bbc that will last.i dont think you would be dissapointed with one of his powerplants.
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

Trail buster
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Trail buster »

BigJakesrq wrote:Okay so here is the deal. I'm headed to Iraq very soon, going to be there for 11 months. I'll have a large sum of money in the bank and when I get back I want to build the last boat I'm ever going to need. So far I'm thinking about going with a ZZ572 with 620Hp @ 5500 RPM and 650lbs of Torque @ 4500 RPM. It seems to be the best deal for the money to HP ratio. I I'm thinking about going with a gear to gear counter rotator all on a 16' aluminum hull.

My question is this. What gear ratio should I run and what kind of prop would be best suited for the counter rotator with the hp I'm running? I've never run a car motor or a gear box. It's pretty much going to be a ride boat and some gigging too.
8) Call Kieth at GTO airboats Best crate motor for the money super hull's also!! Be careful in Iraq come home safe !!! 352=401=9070 :wink:

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bondsman »

after i thought about this..trailbuster is kind of right all the manufacture can build you what you like and you can just hop on it and ride. but i also thought that if i was going to iraq and have a large some of money when i got back. i would piece together a 5000 dollar boat, then buy a house cash with the rest.
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

Joe
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Joe »

One name,FELBER!! he can build you a motor you`ll never worry about again 8) and have more Nuts than ANY crate motor,and it will be purpose built to last for an airboat. Be safe over there and come home safe,Thanks for fighting the fight so we can sleep peacfully!!!
Compromise is for those that cant get it done!!

Equal rights for Southern Whites!

muffled500hp
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by muffled500hp »

GTO offers a 540 BBC with those hp and tq numbers on 87 octane with a written 2 year unlimited hour warranty. All new aftermarket components. No seasoned parts here!!!
Keith ~~

Modern Performance Engines, LLC
Custom built engines for airboats, hotrods, mud trucks, buggies, circle track and drag racing!

352-282-6407
MPEKeith@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/modernperformanceenginesllc

speed wheelie
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by speed wheelie »

So Felber is the BB guru...I guess I'm not in the car engine click :shock:
You got to be yourself
863-956-3030 shop and cell

Boz
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Boz »

Why don't people like the 572's? Just wondered one of my friends has 2 boats one with a 502 and one with a 572. Thanks

Joe
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Joe »

572 is great in a car or truck. But airboat motors are under such a constant load the heat builds on the valves and they loose em.If your dead set on one when you get it change the valves to some inconel exhaust valves and one peice stainless intakes in should run fine for ya. JMO
Compromise is for those that cant get it done!!

Equal rights for Southern Whites!

airduds
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by airduds »

bondsman wrote:after i thought about this..trailbuster is kind of right all the manufacture can build you what you like and you can just hop on it and ride. but i also thought that if i was going to iraq and have a large some of money when i got back. i would piece together a 5000 dollar boat, then buy a house cash with the rest.
Sorry. Got to agree with the Bondsman on this one. :roll: :roll:
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

Bonds has it right. No matter what kind of boat you buy the house will appreciate and the boat will not. Buy a house get yourself established then worry about a fine ride, better to have a lesser boat and a good place to live. Especially if your bonuses will allow you to buy a house free and clear. This may be the worlds all time best time to buy a house. You wont likely ever see this kind of economy again in your lifetime so grab a house or several if ya can. Then worry about a boat. Boats come and boats go but you have to look out for yourself LONG TERM first.

Nothing I am saying here says don't buy a boat, just prioritize it thats all.

And THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY SO US OLD FOLKS CAN SLEEP AT NITE AND THE YOUNG FOLKS HAVE TIME TO LEARN ABOUT OUR NATION BEFORE ITS THEIR TIME TO SERVE.

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews »

after you are done serving this great country, ask barack o bama if he will buy you an engine.That would be the least he could do.
Big Ole Deckover in the making...

ffcracker
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by ffcracker »

Not ringin anyones bell Felber , Thunder, GTO Mass all build some impressive powerplants. I have been on boats with all 3 motors and its all about prefferance, pick someone who will honor thier warranty and furnish a transplant motor if you have an issue with the one you purchased. You will spend the majority of your money on the motor and prop when its all done and I would go with Sensinich and any one of the three builders I mentioned above.
A RESENTFULL CITIZEN OF A DICTATORSHIP CALLED alachua county

Airjack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Airjack »

This is the engine I would buy, 620hp out of the box. Yehaaa. http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0 ... index.html

Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
fast is the other half.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

Brother follow my direction. when you get back from serving this great country of ours, save yourself some money and get a cutdown ultralight 14' foot hull from hammant or alumitech with a fastburn ZZ4 350. run this boat with a 2-3-7 box and a 8 blade warpdrive. I have the same set up and my boat will run 71 mph with a handheld GPS and it will also pin you back in the seat on the ground. It's also good on gas when your crusing. There is no need to have big block when we have the small blocks we have today! Hope you return safely.
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

BigJakesrq wrote:when I get back I want to build the last boat I'm ever going to need.
How do you figure this. You must be a young guy, I would guess 25 if heading for Iraq. I don't think there is a airboat built that will last you the rest of your life, even if you didn't ride it and just stored in your garage, it would deteriate from corossion over the next 50 years :mrgreen:

Good luck and be safe fighting Bush's war. But plan on wanting a new airboat every 5-10 years when you return. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

crowhater
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by crowhater »

Good luck and be safe fighting Bush's war.

What is this suppose to mean? Last time I checked Bush was not over there it was young Americans. They do not have the choice when they are called on they just go and die for us. It is an American war and we had better win it.

Sorry for getting off topic. That crate 572 will drop a valve in 200 hours if you try to use all of that HP. Talk with Shiggs, he sent his motor to Fleber before he had any troubles just because he did not want it to go boom.
18x8 Alum, 496 BBC, 2.6 CH4, 4B 82" S-blades

BigJakesrq
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by BigJakesrq »

akblackdawg wrote:
BigJakesrq wrote:when I get back I want to build the last boat I'm ever going to need.
How do you figure this. You must be a young guy, I would guess 25 if heading for Iraq. I don't think there is a airboat built that will last you the rest of your life, even if you didn't ride it and just stored in your garage, it would deteriate from corossion over the next 50 years :mrgreen:

Good luck and be safe fighting Bush's war. But plan on wanting a new airboat every 5-10 years when you return. Bud

We I'm almost 25, but thanks for selling me short. I'm not going over there with the military just for the military. I work for KBR. I'm not saying this will be my last boat ever, Just for a long awhile.

By the way Last I check Obama has been in office for quite some time and despite all the talk during the elections of pulling out the troops asap and setting deadlines, he is sending more over there every day. I think it's Obamas war now, and he wouldn't be sending more troops over there for no reason. He sees a just cause in us being there. I have many friends in the middle east and more that are back home after 1,2,3, and 4 deployments serving our country. Don't down play the fact that "Bush's War" has kept us from getting attack ever since 9/11. JMO

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

Sorry, you said in your own post, last boat ever... folks were just commenting that it really probably can't be that way in reality...

Be safe over there. Enjoy. Thanks to all for their service.

ANd yep, no one ever mentions that we have had ZERO further attacks to this point.....

Return to “Automotive Power Only”